Aspire 5737Z - Working with SnowLeopard 10.6

39 posts in this topic

Oh my God I can't believe that. The sound is crystal clear with that kext http://www.kexts.com/view/320-alc888_hd_audio.html

Some updates.

Sound is working just after sleep, as I understand it's something wrong with usb drivers. I think that right path in dsdt will solve this problem.

Second thing is that sound working just for output, no auto-detecting headphones, no mic (external or internal), no digital outputs.

Is someone of you could send me your dsdt-file for comparison.

Hi, mr_Dellay :D nice to hear about it, i've been to busy to track solutions :P, but i got news about the wireless :) i have my original wlan card working out-of-the-box :).... i will post the kexts you need to delete and the one you need to replace with the original from snow disk, i will post the needed kexts for some one u don't have it :) i will gonna test you kexts :) i will send you the ddst as well:)

• 1 month later...

Hi, i have the same Laptop but really little of knowledge about all the hackintosh stuff, i would be gratefull if you could give me a little bit of advice about how to do all this stuff with the right installing so every think, espacily my network drivers work, could you write me a pm with some kidn of IM Account where i could add you so you could help me a little bit?

Geetings

mel0ne

Hi!

Someone can help-me with that sound card?

I tried any kexts for that sound card, but at the VoodooHDA i have a full noise sound, and with the AppleHDA posted here the sound card isn´t recognized.

I saw that everybody has problem with the lan and wlan cards on that pc, but here it is natively enabled. i think that my 5737z bought in Portugal has a different hardware...

• 2 weeks later...

;):) :) :):D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Great NEWS Aspire 5737z User

i've got sound full working without noise... and working after sleep

I've used an DSDT (courtesy of oldnapalm - Obrigado amigo, embora ainda nao tenhamos falado:):D ) and a new version of voodooHDA.

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

Kext_Helper_b7.app.zip

DSDTSE_1.app.zip

dsdt.aml.zip

install dsdt with dsdtse, remove applehda.kext from extension folder and install voodoohda with kext helper

reboot and your done

i'm using a fresh retail installation using empire efi and myHack1.1 for bootloader and snow 10.6.4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
:P:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Great NEWS Aspire 5737z User

i've got sound full working without noise... and working after sleep

I've used an DSDT (courtesy of oldnapalm - Obrigado amigo, embora ainda nao tenhamos falado:) :rolleyes: ) and a new version of voodooHDA.

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

Kext_Helper_b7.app.zip

DSDTSE_1.app.zip

dsdt.aml.zip

install dsdt with dsdtse, remove applehda.kext from extension folder and install voodoohda with kext helper

reboot and your done

i'm using a fresh retail installation using empire efi and myHack1.1 for bootloader and snow 10.6.4

Please how do you to work QE/CI in 9400M G?

I installed it worked ok with EFI least QE/CI (você pode postar como você fez?)

• 2 months later...
Please how do you to work QE/CI in 9400M G?

I installed it worked ok with EFI least QE/CI (você pode postar como você fez?)

Hi guys, sorry to dig up that old topic but that's the only one that helped me so far!

How did you manage to enable QE/CI?

I'm currently on SL with iAtkos v7 S3, got it all working (sound, wifi etc) but no way I can turn QE on. I tried all the kexts I found and different apps like Quartz Debug but no luck so far :blink:

Weird thing is I got semi transparent drop down menus in menu bar, and other graphic accelerated signs (different resolutions, I've got the highest possible, cursor shadow, chess app working, etc). I can't get Quartz 2D to work either...

My Nvidia card (Geforce 9400M G) is also fully recognized in System profiler.

So please if any of you guys 5737z users managed to enable QE, I'd really appreciate some help XD

Thanks a lot

Acer Aspire 5737Z

Core 2 Duo T6400 2.0

4GB DDR3 800

9400m G 256mb GDDR3

HD 320GB

Please help.What do I identify if the drivers installed on Acer Aspire 5720? I installed the iATKOS version 10.6.3. After installing the Snow Leopard I will play the introductory melody and nothing further. Appear to me the configuration table is still only a blue screen and plays music. Version 10.5.7 my work.

Please help.What do I identify if the drivers installed on Acer Aspire 5720? I installed the iATKOS version 10.6.3. After installing the Snow Leopard I will play the introductory melody and nothing further. Appear to me the configuration table is still only a blue screen and plays music. Version 10.5.7 my work.

10.5.7 will not work properly with video on this machine. So look forward to install snow leo.

Hi guys, sorry to dig up that old topic but that's the only one that helped me so far!

How did you manage to enable QE/CI?

I'm currently on SL with iAtkos v7 S3, got it all working (sound, wifi etc) but no way I can turn QE on. I tried all the kexts I found and different apps like Quartz Debug but no luck so far :thumbsup_anim:

Weird thing is I got semi transparent drop down menus in menu bar, and other graphic accelerated signs (different resolutions, I've got the highest possible, cursor shadow, chess app working, etc). I can't get Quartz 2D to work either...

My Nvidia card (Geforce 9400M G) is also fully recognized in System profiler.

So please if any of you guys 5737z users managed to enable QE, I'd really appreciate some help XD

Thanks a lot

Hi I've got video working by NVEnabler64.kext, but it works only at 10.6.3. (If you need it, can download from kexs.com)

I've installed upgrade to 10.6.5, and can't get video with full QE/CI support any more.

10.5.7 will not work properly with video on this machine. So look forward to install snow leo.

Hi I've got video working by NVEnabler64.kext, but it works only at 10.6.3. (If you need it, can download from kexs.com)

I've installed upgrade to 10.6.5, and can't get video with full QE/CI support any more.

Hi, I tried that NVEnabler 64.kext but osx86 tool won't install it so I installed it with Kext Helper, but no chance it's booting up normally then displays a flashing blue and then white screen. I can still hear starting sounds (skype etc) but the display is stuck on that flashing white screen.

I also tried with NVEnabler (non 64 version), but it does the same thing...

What I forgot to mention is that even without these kexts, I can't boot normally. I always use boot argument "-f". If I try to boot normally it will display that very same white flashing screen... Does it have to do with my problem?

Weird thing is my Nvidia card is recognized...

Do you have any idea?

Thanks for replying

Acer Aspire 5737Z

Core 2 Duo T6400 2.0

4GB DDR3 800

9400m G 256mb GDDR3

HD 320GB

• 2 weeks later...
UP !

Edit: I can enable QE with osx86 tool after repairing permissions for kexts but it asks for reboot to be effective.. However after restart, QE is still not enabled and of course not active...

Any idea?

Hi, sorry for my long answers. Which one os did you setup?

• 8 months later...