Aspire 5737Z - Working with SnowLeopard 10.6

39 posts in this topic

hi guys...

i've tried all 10.5.x distros avaliable to get my 5737z working with all hardware supported, now i get it with an 10.6.0 distro with some mods to get trackpad and keybord work without the need of a usb keyboard.... i'm working now in the audio and the ethernet.... after that i will try to put the atheros card working... if someone knows something about a working kext for BCM5764M ethenet card i will apriciate that... i will release a dmg for aspire 5737z soon... its a restore image cause i haven't figured out how to make a install DVD with that kext... but if some one knows i will give it all :) cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi!

How's going? Any success to make it work?

i have all hardware working exept Ethernet.

I have 9400M G full working with quartz extreme, I had to change the wireless card, its working now with a broadcom BCM4212 wireless card. the sound is working with VoodooHDA but i have some noise on it, i'm tring to fix it.....

i'm running creative suite 3 on it along with some games like Age Of Empires 3 and Need for speed most wanted, Warcraft 3 and its running as expected, nice graphics and fast there's its like a real mac.....

i'm trying is to make a bootable install dvd with the kexts ready for a future aspire installation....

almost forgot, time machine is working good as well

i have Snow leopard and Windows Seven on it the dual boot work perfect. i have the last chameleon installed on it...

if you can help me with something it will be apriciated.... i will post some print screens :)

here is the printscreens

1.tiff

2.tiff

3.tiff

4.tiff

hi guys...

i've tried all 10.5.x distros avaliable to get my 5737z working with all hardware supported, now i get it with an 10.6.0 distro with some mods to get trackpad and keybord work without the need of a usb keyboard.... i'm working now in the audio and the ethernet.... after that i will try to put the atheros card working... if someone knows something about a working kext for BCM5764M ethenet card i will apriciate that... i will release a dmg for aspire 5737z soon... its a restore image cause i haven't figured out how to make a install DVD with that kext... but if some one knows i will give it all :) cheers :)

Hy you did something with sound or/and ethernet because... i try all audio drivers alc 662... and don`t work..... i apreciate that.

• 2 weeks later...

Video is switching on by NVInject.kext or by NVEnebler.kext (it is in pack with dan123 distr)

Ethernet is switching on by modified driver which you can ask from user Noobix or me. But I hope that with 10.6.3 it will work by natively because this lan card is using in new iMacs.

Wi-Fi will not work

Sound will work with VoodooHDA but not good. (If anyone can explain other method, I will thankful for share).

All other devices is working natively.

Video is switching on by NVInject.kext or by NVEnebler.kext (it is in pack with dan123 distr)

Ethernet is switching on by modified driver which you can ask from user Noobix or me. But I hope that with 10.6.3 it will work by natively because this lan card is using in new iMacs.

Wi-Fi will not work

Sound will work with VoodooHDA but not good. (If anyone can explain other method, I will thankful for share).

All other devices is working natively.

sorry people :D i been away to long from this forum, i'm a computer tech so as you can imagine i've a lot of work and sometimes i have little time for my things :P

I got the Wireless working by switching it from another one i'm using now a broadcom wireless card, the sound is still working (not very well) with VoodooHDA . . . i'm tring to mod it to suite this sound card.

and for the ones who want to know how i got graphics i will tell you the smae thing as mr_Dellay said :) you can go to kexts.com and download it.

and mr_Dellay if you can share the ethernet card it will be greate.... i will post some kexts i used for the hardware i have :) and you right my find has a MacBook Pro and the hardware is the same.. the only difrence is that i just paid 440€ for my pc and he paid 1599€ hehehehehehehhehe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi creativewild. As you ask, user nobb1x has announced his kext for our ethernet card. Follow the link

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...0&start=839

And I have codec dump for sound card nVidia Corporation MCP79 High Definition Audio. If you know, could you please see through and say it that possible to make patched version of AppleHDA?

And do you use dsdt for speed step, sleep etc?

Hi creativewild. As you ask, user nobb1x has announced his kext for our ethernet card. Follow the link

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...0&start=839

And I have codec dump for sound card nVidia Corporation MCP79 High Definition Audio. If you know, could you please see through and say it that possible to make patched version of AppleHDA?

And do you use dsdt for speed step, sleep etc?

as crazy as it sounds i never figured out the dsdt thing for my laptop, everything is working without dsdt patches.... i got some kexts from kexts.com that work just fine.

sleep: http://www.kexts.com/view/146-sleepenabler...sx_10.6.2).html

i've changed my cpu from T6400 to T8100 i've now virtualization on it :P

the link dosen't have the kext for the lan card....

Can you send me the dump you have? i will send you my messenger mail so we can talk on msn if you like... cheers :)

as crazy as it sounds i never figured out the dsdt thing for my laptop, everything is working without dsdt patches.... i got some kexts from kexts.com that work just fine.

i've changed my cpu from T6400 to T8100 i've now virtualization on it :)

Can you send me the dump you have? i will send you my messenger mail so we can talk on msn if you like... cheers ;)

Hi creativewild. I sent to you codec dump by email.

Here is the link to nobbix's post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1400776 It should work.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi creativewild. I sent to you codec dump by email.

Here is the link to nobbix's post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1400776 It should work.

hi i'm back again with, what i hope to be, good news :) i'm working on the audio using dsdt and applehda patched ... i'm hoping to get an alpha version by the end of the month

hi i'm back again with, what i hope to be, good news :) i'm working on the audio using dsdt and applehda patched ... i'm hoping to get an alpha version by the end of the month

Whoohooo! Good news from good man! I will wait with impatience your driver. And may the Force be with you :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i am going ti buy the same notebook. Could you give me all info about kext using.

i've changed my cpu from T6400 to T8100 i've now virtualization on it :)

Can you send me the dump you have? i will send you my messenger mail so we can talk on msn if you like... cheers :(

Hello, guys

maybe somebody types steps needed to fully install snow leopard on 5737z

hi guys...

i've tried all 10.5.x distros avaliable to get my 5737z working with all hardware supported, now i get it with an 10.6.0 distro with some mods to get trackpad and keybord work without the need of a usb keyboard.... i'm working now in the audio and the ethernet.... after that i will try to put the atheros card working... if someone knows something about a working kext for BCM5764M ethenet card i will apriciate that... i will release a dmg for aspire 5737z soon... its a restore image cause i haven't figured out how to make a install DVD with that kext... but if some one knows i will give it all :( cheers :)

Hello, guys maybe somebody types steps needed to fully install snow leopard on 5737z

Well. First you will need the good distibutive. You should know that all versions of 10.5.1 to 10.5.8 is not support video 9400m, so you should see at 10.6.2.

I use dan1234 (SnowOSX3.6.iso) distibutive and seems it's the best way. That is all :unsure: All devices works natively except sound, wifi and lan. For lan and sound you can use kexts voodoohda and remaked kext bcm5701, wifi card needs to replace with the bcm4311 or something else.

• 3 weeks later...
hi guys...

Hi, Mr DELLAY,

can you send your NVenabler's kext please.

I have trying all kext on the web, but no result :)

tank so much

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have no chance with that software. But who knows, you can try it

Hi!

I see alot of posts here about the Atheros WLAN not being "fixable" and that you need to change it. Does that mean physically changing the hardware?

Anyway, I stumbled upon this: http://www.filebuzz.com/fileinfo/50260/Wir...er_for_Mac.html

Could that work?

BTW, nobb1x has updated his kext for ethernet lan bcm 5764. Auto detecting mac adress, 64-bit and 10.6.3 support enabled.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my God I can't believe that. The sound is crystal clear with that kext http://www.kexts.com/view/320-alc888_hd_audio.html

Some updates.

Sound is working just after sleep, as I understand it's something wrong with usb drivers. I think that right path in dsdt will solve this problem.

Second thing is that sound working just for output, no auto-detecting headphones, no mic (external or internal), no digital outputs.

Is someone of you could send me your dsdt-file for comparison.