(Guide) How To Install Snow Leopard Retail On AMD PC OsX86

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Poll: Was The Guide A Success (87 member(s) have cast votes)

Was The Guide A Success

1. Hell Ya Thanks Man (39 votes [44.83%])

Percentage of vote: 44.83%

2. Yes Had To Mod A Little Though (20 votes [22.99%])

Percentage of vote: 22.99%

3. Could Not Get To Work :-( (18 votes [20.69%])

Percentage of vote: 20.69%

4. Complete Disaster (10 votes [11.49%])

Percentage of vote: 11.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote

hardknoxni69a

hardknoxni69a

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Computer Tech All The Way<br />Computer Systems Engineering Tech
dawincii try reinstalling cham and then switch the boot file from rc3 also after the reinstallation check to see if u know to refix anything like the smbious or the boot.plist

dawiinci

dawiinci

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

dawincii try reinstalling cham and then switch the boot file from rc3 also after the reinstallation check to see if u know to refix anything like the smbious or the boot.plist

I left the smbios and only edited the platformUUID and boot.plist with my UUID. Maybe I should do both?

Still no boot:
So I took another boot file - i guess! it is PC EFI (I use it on my computer). This lead me to "still waiting for root device".

I had some more problems like folder icons for the drives.

Then I removed all kexts from Extra and deleted all PS2 from S/L/E. (which is just because I dont have any PS2 Devices) Instead I installed an AppleVIAATA.kext.

Now I can boot. For now it just resets the CMOS but I will try to edit the DSDT.aml to fix that. I will report.

dawiinci

dawiinci

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
The strange thing is that the iTunes preferences are just a white box with ok and cancel buttons. It just disappears if i want to choose something. Could this be a problem with the graphiccard? (2600pro)

With the DSDT.aml patched it works. The only problem now is the odd problem with iTunes...

hardknoxni69a

hardknoxni69a

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Computer Tech All The Way<br />Computer Systems Engineering Tech
alright dawincci i think u might have done a little more than what was needed to fix the original problem now that u are modifying other stuff it is leading to more problems i just use chameleon as instructed in the guide but just so you know when it says waiting for root device u have to specify the location using boot flags such as rd=disk0s2 so the system boots from your primary hard disk and your secondary partition the numbers will probably differ for you but u can contact me on tekmodz.webs.com and i should be able to help u out more let me know how it all goes for you

as1serge

as1serge

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Oh, thank you.

I did everything by the book and SL installed quite smooth. I also installed NVKush for GF 8800GT and it gave 1280x1024 75 Hz.

There were some mistakes in DSTD patching, though, resulting in '...couldn't built etc...', maybe its the reason that SL seems to run a little bit slower than 10.5.8 also installed on PC or maybe because I installed SL on USB disk for testing purposes.

Could you tell please if SL could be loaded in 64 bit mode - system info says software is not in 64 mode - maybe some 64 bit kernel should be used? Some people say the if you press 6 and 4 during loading it will load in 64 mode but I haven't managed to suceed...
Thank you again

pederb

pederb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi Hard Knox,

After installing and rebooting I'm getting Waiting for DSMOS and there it stays

Any ideas?

Cheers

pederb

pederb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
After rebooting I'm now getting this ?Attached File  photo.jpg   155.17KB   86 downloads

Buzz89

Buzz89

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Why u dont release a Touchsmart OSX DVD?

RaTtWeB

RaTtWeB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i have a week trying install snow leopard on my laptop brand new HP Pavillion dm3 1130US it came with this spec's

AMD NEO 1.6
4 GB RAM
300 RAM HDD
ATI HD3200
ATI Chipset
Realtek 8102E Ethernet
Atheros 9285

and i can only have succes with the leopard 10.5.7 IATKOS V7, but the mouse trackpad it's useless, ihave to use a usb mouse, and install drivers for the LAN, but i need the wireless and i can't found those drives, either the mouse trackpad, drivers, so i read that with snow leopard theres a fix atheros kext but every time i finish install snow leopard never boot up always have kernel panic, i tried with hazard with 10.6.2 combo update, empire efi with retail snow leopard, and finally this guide and nothing, can anybody helps?, or theres any special configuration?, i appreciate the help

i have a week trying install snow leopard on my laptop brand new HP Pavillion dm3 1130US it came with this spec's

AMD NEO 1.6
4 GB RAM
300 RAM HDD
ATI HD3200
ATI Chipset
Realtek 8102E Ethernet
Atheros 9285

and i can only have succes with the leopard 10.5.7 IATKOS V7, but the mouse trackpad it's useless, ihave to use a usb mouse, and install drivers for the LAN, but i need the wireless and i can't found those drives, either the mouse trackpad, drivers, so i read that with snow leopard theres a fix atheros kext but every time i finish install snow leopard never boot up always have kernel panic, i tried with hazard with 10.6.2 combo update, empire efi with retail snow leopard, and finally this guide and nothing, can anybody helps?, or theres any special configuration?, i appreciate the help

digitron64

digitron64

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Excellent Guide!!! This is the only one that worked for me. Your instructions where clear and precise. I was able to boot my AMD system only after one little modification to the kernel... and that was to add maxmem=4096 to the kernel flags. That's it. Another thing worth noting is that the VoodooHDA kext provided in the Hardknox download is not a working version for this Install. Instead I downloaded the VoodooHDA w/Prepane for snow...and it worked like a charm. I used the Release version and not the Release AppleClip. Other than that... It is all smooth sailing from here. Thank you for a great walk-through.

AMD Phenom II X4 945
8GB OCZ Blade PC2-8500
XFX 750a SLi Mobo
2x750gb SATAII HDD
All SATA no IDE
Running AHCI
Triple boot system Windows 7, iAtkos 10.5.8 Qoopz 9.8 Chameleon v2 RC3, OpenSuse Linux 11.2... and now Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on a USB External Drive.

Best Regards.

digitron64

digitron64

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Excellent Guide!!! This is the only one that worked for me. Your instructions where clear and precise. I was able to boot my AMD system only after one little modification to the kernel... and that was to add maxmem=4096 to the kernel flags. That's it. Another thing worth noting is that the VoodooHDA kext provided in the Hardknox download is not a working version for this Install. Instead I downloaded the VoodooHDA w/Prepane for snow...and it worked like a charm. I used the Release version and not the Release AppleClip. Other than that... It is all smooth sailing from here. Thank you for a great walk-through.

AMD Phenom II X4 945
8GB OCZ Blade PC2-8500
XFX 750a SLi Mobo
2x750gb SATAII HDD
All SATA no IDE
Running AHCI
Triple boot system Windows 7, iAtkos 10.5.8 Qoopz 9.8 Chameleon v2 RC3, OpenSuse Linux 11.2... and now Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on a USB External Drive.

Best Regards.

I would also like to add.

I had iAtkos v7 installed on the second partition of my triple boot system beforehand. I then followed your instructions verbatim to install snow on a USB external hard drive. I was then able to boot to the hard drive from the Chameleon bootloader installed from the second partition. Once I realized that the install was successful, I decided to do the reverse and install iAtkos to the external hard drive and then follow your instructions again to install Snow to the second partition of my C: drive. I then changed the boot order in my Bios as follows: 1)USB Hard Drive 2)CD/DVD Rom 3)Sata HDD (System drive). Now anytime I want to boot to iAtkos I just plug in the USB drive and it automatically show up in the Chameleon boot menu. I unplug the USB hard drive and my Windows 7, Snow, and Linux boot icons show up. And wala! everything works like a charm. Therefore, IT IS POSSIBLE to install Snow to another partition on a single drive, and does not necessarily have to be installed on a separate hard drive all together as I have read in other forums or threads.

Thanks again.

Chipstik

Chipstik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
I have a fully working Leopard, but I have dual HD4870s and have to take one out every time I want to use OSX, and I hear the Snow Leopard has better support for Dual Cards. Anyway, I get as far as the installation of SL, but then I get the following kernel panic. Does anybody have any idea how I could fix it?

Link to image

My specs are:

HD 4870
AMD Phenom II 940 BE
MSI K9A2 Platinum
4Gb Corsair Dominator
40GB IDE (Mac Drive, 2 Partitions)

ratvn

ratvn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

AMD Phenom II X4 945
8GB OCZ Blade PC2-8500
XFX 750a SLi Mobo
2x750gb SATAII HDD
All SATA no IDE
Running AHCI

Best Regards.

Yes. thank you so much for your guide, Hard Knock.
I was struggling for few weeks just with 10.5.7 and never imaging I could have SN on my AMDx2. Your walk-through make it so easy and only took half an hour. I still have to work out the kexts for video and mouse, but overall it is running beautifully and fast. I am so happy.
Thank again for the great tutorial.
Have a good time
Best Regards,
Robert

raviraj123red

raviraj123red

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the guide. But i have a question and i know its a noob question. Will i be able to update my Snow Leopard from Apple site. Thanks in advance

matrx10503

matrx10503

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
rofl@me for looking over this like 60 time

iCake

iCake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, guys. I have a working iDeneb 1.6 Leopard 10.5.8 on my PC. I tried to follow this guide to install Snow Leopard. So here is my problem. I replaced the original OSInstall.mpkg with the one from Hardnox folder. When I try to run it I have this.

Posted Image

Any ideas?

Config
AMD Phenom 9500 Quad Core
4 GB DDR2 667 Mhz
Nvidia nForce Networking Controller
Realtek High Defenition Audio (ALC 662)
Ati Radeon HD 3650
Optiarc DVD-RW
Motherboard GeForce 7050M-M MCP68/AMDK10

crosquillas

crosquillas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Thanks for your guide, worked great for me by only adding AppleNForceATA.kext and a modified IOATAFamily on my KN8 Ultra. I am now on 10.6.3 with all updates and ChamRC4 thanks to you ;)

My only problem is that About This Mac crashes (not a KP, just kinda resets login), and Spotlight preferences hard crashes. Otherwise it's perfect.

//edit

I just patched the system with Marvin's and Spotlight is no longer crashing.

Zythyr

Zythyr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Wow thanks alot of the guide. I am going to test it out on my HP DV6607nr and let you know how it goes.

Luke31

Luke31

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
For some reason, this does not work for me. I follow all the directions perfectly, but when I select to boot into my SNOW partition, it just says "Loading Darwin/x86" with an underscore blinking underneath this message. It seems to be just stuck in this screen for a while. Then, the screen goes black and just stays in this state.

amador

amador

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

alright dawincci i think u might have done a little more than what was needed to fix the original problem now that u are modifying other stuff it is leading to more problems i just use chameleon as instructed in the guide but just so you know when it says waiting for root device u have to specify the location using boot flags such as rd=disk0s2 so the system boots from your primary hard disk and your secondary partition the numbers will probably differ for you but u can contact me on tekmodz.webs.com and i should be able to help u out more let me know how it all goes for you

bro,

i'm still using your installation guide from scratch to 10.6.2 on my pc..is there any possibility that it can be upgrade to 10.6.3? is there any guide for this?

thanks for you info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy