86 members have voted

1. 1. Was The Guide A Success

• Hell Ya Thanks Man
    • Yes Had To Mod A Little Though
    • Could Not Get To Work :-(
    • Complete Disaster

79 posts in this topic

Guide To Install Snow Leopard On AMD!!!

I figured I would make a guide on how to install Snow Leo on AMD because after tons of different guides that didn't work I finally got the trick. I managed to get my HP TouchSmart Tx2-1020us (AMD Turion-x2 Ultra64) and others up and running so I would like to share with all you frustrated users dying to get your hands on some Snow.

FOLLOW THE GUIDE EXACTLY! CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK! I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PC!

Things You'll Need..

* First thing first and probably the most important, you'll need a working install of Leopard 10.5.x on your PC already. ------(Google - iAtkos is a good OsX86 Distro)

* Original .DMG of Snow Leopard(v.10A432)(Make it writable - Will need to edit .DMG)

* An empty partition or drive with at least 10GB free space

* Download Required HardKnox Files for installation from Here (HardKnox.zip) (Files in the guide with **xxxx** around them will be coming from the HardKnox Folder!!!)

TAKE A BREATH THAT'S THE EASY STUFF LETS HAVE SOME FUN NOW!!!

Step 1. Mount the Snow.DMG file, then go to Disk Utility and save a writeable .DMG file to your desktop or where ever you prefer. Un-Mount the Read-Only .DMG and Mount the new writeable .DMG, After you have the new Snow .DMG Mounted open the image so it brings you to the menu(Picture of Leopard with install and two folders). DO NOT CLICK INSTALL!!!. While the image is open click Go In the Top Menu Bar and select GO TO FOLDER.. then type "/Volumes/<Mounted Snow Leopard Install Disk>/System/Installation/Packages

Step 2. Copy the **OSInstall.mpkg** from the HardKnox Folder and replace the one in your mounted Snow DMG. It's located in folder we previously brought up ("/Volumes/<Mac OS X Install DVD>/System/Installation/Packages").

-- If you haven't done so previously CREATE A PARTITION OR DRIVE WITH A VALID FILESYSTEM FOR YOUR OS. Use Disk Utility to choose an empty Partition or Drive then select ERASE with the OS Ex Journaled option.

Step 3. After the format, make sure the permissions of the partition/drive are correct by running the following commands in the terminal:

-->sudo -s

-->chown 0:0 /Volumes/<Name Of New SNOW Drive>

Step 4. Finally Let's Get Working. Run the "OSInstall.mpkg" file you replaced earlier in the Packages folder from the SNOW install .DMG. DON'T GO CRAZY CLICKING AWAY make sure you change the installation drive to the new SNOW drive and customize the install by removing all the PRINTERS LANGUAGES AND FONTS.As many people say go get a coffee or something, because install will probably take around 20 minutes to finish.

CONGRATS!!! That wasn't hard was it. BUT YOU ARE NOT DONE YET SO DO NOT RESTART!!!

Step 5. Run **Chameleon RC2** MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE INSTALL LOCATION TO NEW SNOW PARTITION/DRIVE!!! When that completes go into the **Chameleon RC3 Folder** then into the i386 folder and copy the **BOOT** file.

-- Run **ShowAllFiles** and select "SHOW", now you need to replace the boot file in the root directory of the new partition/drive with the **BOOT** file from the i386 folder.

Step 6. Now we need to delete a few files and copy a few files in order to make a successful boot, so you need to navigate to the root of the new Snow partition/drive and go to the /Extra then /Extensions folder and trash the "Disabler.kext", now go back to the root and go to the folder called /System then /Library then the /Extensions folder while here we also need to trash the "AppleHPET.kext" and "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext". So in total 3 kext's should now be trash!! Ok while we are in this /System/Library/Extensions Folder Copy the 7 Files inside the **Snow Kexts Folder** and place them in the current /Extensions folder that we are currently in. So you should be adding: AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, fakesmc.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, OpenHaltRestart.kext, PlatformUUID.kext, VoodooHDA.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext to the /System/Library/Extensions folder.

Step 7. Copy the **Kext Utility** to your current desktop, then copy the /Extra/Extensions folder from your new SNOW partition/drive to your current desktop. Now drag the new Extensions folder on your desktop OVER the newly copied **Kext Utility** app to open and repair the permissions of that /Extensions Folder. When the **Kext Utility** app finishes it creates a new Extensions.mkext on your desktop. Navigate to the Root of your Snow partition/drive go in the /Extra Folder and delete the old /Extensions Folder and Extensions.mkext. Once you complete that, copy the new /Extensions Folder and Extensions.mkext from your desktop and place into your /Extra folder on your New SNOW partition/drive.

--If you would like a little less clutter amongst your files you can now run **ShowAllFiles** again and chose HIDE if you wish to get rid of all the hidden files.

Step 8. Run **DSDT Patcher** from the **DSDT** folder. In the patcher for OS options select Darwin/Mac OS X and for patcher options select Apply DSDT To... MAKE SURE YOU SELECT YOUR SNOW PARTITION/DRIVE. Then Patch.

Step 9. Copy **smbios.plist** and place in the /Extra Folder off of your SNOW root directory, while in this directory copy your com.apple.boot.plist file to your current desktop, open the file on your desktop inside the text there is "mach_kernel" add .test7 to the end of the two words so it should now look like "<string>mach_kernel.test7</string>" once you have done so save the file. Return to the /Extra folder where you received the com.apple.boot.plist file from and delete the old com.apple.boot.plist file then copy the new file from your desktop and put it in the folder where it originally came from. Once you are done that, copy **mach_kernel.test7** and place it in your SNOW partition/drive root directory.

Step 10. Now finally last step, all you need to do is repair the permissions for the SNOW Extensions folder. In order for it to repair you need to put the following commands into the terminal.

-->sudo -s

-->cd /Volumes/<Snow Leopard Installation>/System/Library/Extensions

-->chown -R root:wheel *

-->chmod -R 755 *

CONGRATS!!! You should now have a working copy of SNOW. When you restart choose SNOW when chameleon boot loader shows up. You should probably repair permissions through Disk Utility once you are in the OS(If for some reason the OS says you don't have the package installed for Repairing your permissions Navigate back to the Packages folder in the SNOW.DMG you installed from and install the BSD package). If your internet or sound doesn't work look around the web for a driver, remember SNOW IS MADE FOR A MAC not your PC so hopefully somebody else has already made a driver for your Hardware. I did not include details on Video cards just makes stuff more confusing and more likely for some errors but you can look up info about EFiStudio to add specific details to the com.apple.boot.plist file. So as of now you will be booting using generic drivers nothing fancy I am just trying to get you guys up and running. There are wonderful sites out there dedicated to helping us 0sX86 modders so join some and help the community grow. There are different kernel flags you can use to control the way your OS boots so for example to see exactly what your pc is loading while the OS boots while selecting the SNOW drive in chameleon type "-v" to enter verbose mode, "-x" for safe mode, there are many things you can do for 32-bit mode type "arch=x86_32", "-f", etc., look online for commands they can be helpful. If for some reason you don't boot up re-read the steps and follow EXACTLY!!. Use the -f -v commands first boot so you can know how things go that way you can see exactly what goes wrong if anything. PM me for any questions. GOOD LUCK!!

Combo Update to 10.6.2: Mac OS X v10.6.2 Update (Combo)

If For Any Reason You Can Not Get Working Please Ask For Help!!!PM Me!!!AIM:HardKnoxNi69a!!! That Is The Whole Point Of This OsX86 Community Is To Help Each Other Dominate The Computer World!!!!!

All You Have To Do Is Click A Button To Vote If This Was Helpful!!! Thanks!!! ;);):D

• Like 2

Guide To Install Snow Leopard On AMD!!!

I figured I would make a guide on how to install Snow Leo on AMD because after tons of different guides that didn't work I finally got the trick. I managed to get my HP TouchSmart Tx2-1020us (AMD Turion-x2 Ultra64) and others up and running so I would like to share with all you frustrated users dying to get your hands on some Snow.

FOLLOW THE GUIDE EXACTLY! CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK! I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PC!

Things You'll Need..

* First thing first and probably the most important, you'll need a working install of Leopard 10.5.x on your PC already. ------(Google - iAtkos is a good OsX86 Distro)

* Original .DMG of Snow Leopard(v.10A432)(Make it writable - Will need to edit .DMG)

* An empty partition or drive with at least 10GB free space

* Download Required HardKnox Files for installation from Here (HardKnox.zip) (Files in the guide with **xxxx** around them will be coming from the HardKnox Folder!!!)

TAKE A BREATH THAT'S THE EASY STUFF LETS HAVE SOME FUN NOW!!!

Step 1. Mount the Snow.DMG file, then go to Disk Utility and save a writeable .DMG file to your desktop or where ever you prefer. Un-Mount the Read-Only .DMG and Mount the new writeable .DMG, After you have the new Snow .DMG Mounted open the image so it brings you to the menu(Picture of Leopard with install and two folders). DO NOT CLICK INSTALL!!!. While the image is open click Go In the Top Menu Bar and select GO TO FOLDER.. then type "/Volumes/<Mounted Snow Leopard Install Disk>/System/Installation/Packages

Step 2. Copy the **OSInstall.mpkg** from the HardKnox Folder and replace the one in your mounted Snow DMG. It's located in folder we previously brought up ("/Volumes/<Mac OS X Install DVD>/System/Installation/Packages").

-- If you haven't done so previously CREATE A PARTITION OR DRIVE WITH A VALID FILESYSTEM FOR YOUR OS. Use Disk Utility to choose an empty Partition or Drive then select ERASE with the OS Ex Journaled option.

Step 3. After the format, make sure the permissions of the partition/drive are correct by running the following commands in the terminal:

-->sudo -s

-->chown 0:0 /Volumes/<Name Of New SNOW Drive>

Step 4. Finally Let's Get Working. Run the "OSInstall.mpkg" file you replaced earlier in the Packages folder from the SNOW install .DMG. DON'T GO CRAZY CLICKING AWAY make sure you change the installation drive to the new SNOW drive and customize the install by removing all the PRINTERS LANGUAGES AND FONTS.As many people say go get a coffee or something, because install will probably take around 20 minutes to finish.

CONGRATS!!! That wasn't hard was it. BUT YOU ARE NOT DONE YET SO DO NOT RESTART!!!

Step 5. Run **Chameleon RC2** MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE INSTALL LOCATION TO NEW SNOW PARTITION/DRIVE!!! When that completes go into the **Chameleon RC3 Folder** then into the i386 folder and copy the **BOOT** file.

-- Run **ShowAllFiles** and select "SHOW", now you need to replace the boot file in the root directory of the new partition/drive with the **BOOT** file from the i386 folder.

Step 6. Now we need to delete a few files and copy a few files in order to make a successful boot, so you need to navigate to the root of the new Snow partition/drive and go to the /Extra then /Extensions folder and trash the "Disabler.kext", now go back to the root and go to the folder called /System then /Library then the /Extensions folder while here we also need to trash the "AppleHPET.kext" and "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext". So in total 3 kext's should now be trash!! Ok while we are in this /System/Library/Extensions Folder Copy the 7 Files inside the **Snow Kexts Folder** and place them in the current /Extensions folder that we are currently in. So you should be adding: AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, fakesmc.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, OpenHaltRestart.kext, PlatformUUID.kext, VoodooHDA.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext to the /System/Library/Extensions folder.

Step 7. Copy the **Kext Utility** to your current desktop, then copy the /Extra/Extensions folder from your new SNOW partition/drive to your current desktop. Now drag the new Extensions folder on your desktop OVER the newly copied **Kext Utility** app to open and repair the permissions of that /Extensions Folder. When the **Kext Utility** app finishes it creates a new Extensions.mkext on your desktop. Navigate to the Root of your Snow partition/drive go in the /Extra Folder and delete the old /Extensions Folder and Extensions.mkext. Once you complete that, copy the new /Extensions Folder and Extensions.mkext from your desktop and place into your /Extra folder on your New SNOW partition/drive.

--If you would like a little less clutter amongst your files you can now run **ShowAllFiles** again and chose HIDE if you wish to get rid of all the hidden files.

Step 8. Run **DSDT Patcher** from the **DSDT** folder. In the patcher for OS options select Darwin/Mac OS X and for patcher options select Apply DSDT To... MAKE SURE YOU SELECT YOUR SNOW PARTITION/DRIVE. Then Patch.

Step 9. Copy **smbios.plist** and place in the /Extra Folder off of your SNOW root directory, while in this directory copy your com.apple.boot.plist file to your current desktop, open the file on your desktop inside the text there is "mach_kernel" add .test7 to the end of the two words so it should now look like "<string>mach_kernel.test7</string>" once you have done so save the file. Return to the /Extra folder where you received the com.apple.boot.plist file from and delete the old com.apple.boot.plist file then copy the new file from your desktop and put it in the folder where it originally came from. Once you are done that, copy **mach_kernel.test7** and place it in your SNOW partition/drive root directory.

Step 10. Now finally last step, all you need to do is repair the permissions for the SNOW Extensions folder. In order for it to repair you need to put the following commands into the terminal.

-->sudo -s

-->cd /Volumes/<Snow Leopard Installation>/System/Library/Extensions

-->chown -R root:wheel *

-->chmod -R 755 *

CONGRATS!!! You should now have a working copy of SNOW. When you restart choose SNOW when chameleon boot loader shows up. You should probably repair permissions through Disk Utility once you are in the OS(If for some reason the OS says you don't have the package installed for Repairing your permissions Navigate back to the Packages folder in the SNOW.DMG you installed from and install the BSD package). If your internet or sound doesn't work look around the web for a driver, remember SNOW IS MADE FOR A MAC not your PC so hopefully somebody else has already made a driver for your Hardware. I did not include details on Video cards just makes stuff more confusing and more likely for some errors but you can look up info about EFiStudio to add specific details to the com.apple.boot.plist file. So as of now you will be booting using generic drivers nothing fancy I am just trying to get you guys up and running. There are wonderful sites out there dedicated to helping us 0sX86 modders so join some and help the community grow. There are different kernel flags you can use to control the way your OS boots so for example to see exactly what your pc is loading while the OS boots while selecting the SNOW drive in chameleon type "-v" to enter verbose mode, "-x" for safe mode, there are many things you can do for 32-bit mode type "arch=x86_32", "-f", etc., look online for commands they can be helpful. If for some reason you don't boot up re-read the steps and follow EXACTLY!!. Use the -f -v commands first boot so you can know how things go that way you can see exactly what goes wrong if anything. PM me for any questions. GOOD LUCK!!

Combo Update to 10.6.2: Mac OS X v10.6.2 Update (Combo)

If For Any Reason You Can Not Get Working Please Ask For Help!!!PM Me!!!AIM:HardKnoxNi69a!!! That Is The Whole Point Of This OsX86 Community Is To Help Each Other Dominate The Computer World!!!!!

All You Have To Do Is Click A Button To Vote If This Was Helpful!!! Thanks!!! :D:):D

I'm currently using ideneb lite 10.5.8 on my AMD.will this guide works for ECS780G-MA? with 4GB of RAM?

thanks for the guide,i will try it very soon and will let you know if theres any problem

I'm currently using ideneb lite 10.5.8 on my AMD.will this guide works for ECS780G-MA? with 4GB of RAM?

thanks for the guide,i will try it very soon and will let you know if theres any problem

how about the Hard Drive Format,is it MBR or GUID?

Amador This Guide should work great for you AMD is fine 4gb of ram is fine its all recognized, and MBR OR GUID will work for you. if you follow the guide then the necessary patches and such will have everything working great for you :censored2:

Amador This Guide should work great for you AMD is fine 4gb of ram is fine its all recognized, and MBR OR GUID will work for you. if you follow the guide then the necessary patches and such will have everything working great for you :D

Bro,

thanks for your guide..it works..however,,there's a problem with the lan.

i cannot connect at all it works with 10.5.8 using attansic.can you be able to help me with this?

thanks alot bro for the guide. Guys using AMD system follow this guide :unsure:

Amador, I am glad the guide worked good for you. So far I have heard of alot of success. Maybe if you PM me or AIM:hardknoxni69a I could help you out with the LAN. Glad you appreciate the guide love to help everyone!! :)

Amador, I am glad the guide worked good for you. So far I have heard of alot of success. Maybe if you PM me or AIM:hardknoxni69a I could help you out with the LAN. Glad you appreciate the guide love to help everyone!! :D

Bro,

it's working now..i did some reading alot, lol. in here all their posting , i found out the same problem their having on their system,i read, follow and copy the kext needed and put it in the right place :) . BTW i've tried to click the software update, a Combo appear 10.6.2. it is ok to click it right away and install it without installing 10.6.1 update first? i really appreciate your help bro, thank you.

Bro,

it's working now..i did some reading alot, lol. in here all their posting , i found out the same problem their having on their system,i read, follow and copy the kext needed and put it in the right place :D . BTW i've tried to click the software update, a Combo appear 10.6.2. it is ok to click it right away and install it without installing 10.6.1 update first? i really appreciate your help bro, thank you.

Bro,

success updating to 10.6.2.. thanks for the attachment on your post.. i've notice that my display resolution is only 1024x768..if im using snow leopard installation,but if i switch my hd to leopard,it changes my resolution to even higher.

is there anyway or maybe i'm missing a files for my display card? it's nVidia geforce 8600gt 512mb. can you be able to share some guide what to do to obtain higher display resolution?

many thanks

amador, hey man im realy glad you are successful with the guide im trying to get everyone using it because i tried many guides and i failed at all of them and this technique did the trick. well anyways ya that 10.6.2 update is the best one because you dont have to worry about doing .1 then .2 much easier i am glad it all went well but hey if you need your resolution higher try using the same kext from your other leo but it may not work because snow leo changed alot with the video settings but i believe that card is pretty popular i use a radeon so im not to positive but nvinject will prob help you out. IM Me at AIM:hardknoxni69a thanks and good luck

amador, hey man im realy glad you are successful with the guide im trying to get everyone using it because i tried many guides and i failed at all of them and this technique did the trick. well anyways ya that 10.6.2 update is the best one because you dont have to worry about doing .1 then .2 much easier i am glad it all went well but hey if you need your resolution higher try using the same kext from your other leo but it may not work because snow leo changed alot with the video settings but i believe that card is pretty popular i use a radeon so im not to positive but nvinject will prob help you out. IM Me at AIM:hardknoxni69a thanks and good luck

Bro,

it works now..i use nvkush and it change the resolution.. however. i've notice that everytime i reboot and click -v boot flag, it takes too long, but if i click -f it goes all the way. i also try the normal boot by just clicking enter key pointing the cursor to the logo it took so long..is there anything wrong, is there any remedy for this? i really appreciate your help bro.

post-340293-1260953995_thumb.jpg

Hi !

Thanks 4 the Guide !

I couldn't get in running because ive got 2 errors.

When i drag the Extantion folder into Kext Utility my PC changes the Permissions but i get :

Packing new "Extensions.mkext" ...

Sorry, could not create "Extensions.mkext"

When i i run the DSDS Patcher i get :

could not build ...

here is the log :

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
AML Disassembler version 20080926 [Oct  4 2008]
Copyright © 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20080926 [Oct  4 2008]

./dsdt_fixed.txt   302:     Method (\_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning  1080 -                         ^ Reserved method must return a value (_WAK)

./dsdt_fixed.txt   441:             Package (0x06)
Error    4047 -       Initializer list too long ^ 

ASL Input:  ./dsdt_fixed.txt - 6100 lines, 186842 bytes, 2172 keywords
Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 1 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 558 Optimizations
DSDT Patcher 1.0.1e -- report Bugs to superfassl@gmail.com
enclose "DSDT Patcher/Debug/USER.tar"

Press any key to continue...

Getting the DSDT through ioreg...

Decompiling the DSDT...

Done, now start the Patching!

Patching RTC...

RTC Device found :             Device (RTC)
Found IRQ in RTC Device, removing it
                   IRQNoFlags ()
RTC patched

Patching HPET...

No HPET Device found, adding one
New HPET written

Fixing various Issues...

Found an issue
Found                       Store (Local0, Local0)
Fixed   Store ("Local0", Local0)
Done

We are done patching, press any key to try to compile the fixed DSDT

Compiling done, if it worked, you have now a patched DSDT in dsdt.aml
If the compiling went wrong, you could force to build it with ./DSDT\ Patcher -f (try this DSDT at your own risk)

hope u can help me

Hi !

Thanks 4 the Guide !

I couldn't get in running because ive got 2 errors.

When i drag the Extantion folder into Kext Utility my PC changes the Permissions but i get :

Packing new "Extensions.mkext" ...

Sorry, could not create "Extensions.mkext"

When i i run the DSDS Patcher i get :

could not build ...

here is the log :

AML Disassembler version 20080926 [Oct  4 2008]

ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20080926 [Oct  4 2008]

./dsdt_fixed.txt   302:     Method (\_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning  1080 -                         ^ Reserved method must return a value (_WAK)

./dsdt_fixed.txt   441:             Package (0x06)
Error    4047 -       Initializer list too long ^ 

ASL Input:  ./dsdt_fixed.txt - 6100 lines, 186842 bytes, 2172 keywords
Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 1 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 558 Optimizations
DSDT Patcher 1.0.1e -- report Bugs to superfassl@gmail.com
enclose "DSDT Patcher/Debug/USER.tar"

Press any key to continue...

Getting the DSDT through ioreg...

Decompiling the DSDT...

Done, now start the Patching!

Patching RTC...

Found IRQ in RTC Device, removing it
                   IRQNoFlags ()
RTC patched

Patching HPET...

No HPET Device found, adding one
New HPET written

Fixing various Issues...

Found an issue
Found                       Store (Local0, Local0)
Fixed   Store ("Local0", Local0)
Done

We are done patching, press any key to try to compile the fixed DSDT

Compiling done, if it worked, you have now a patched DSDT in dsdt.aml
If the compiling went wrong, you could force to build it with ./DSDT\ Patcher -f (try this DSDT at your own risk)

hope u can help me

i haven't seen this error when i first try the guide..everything works perfectly smooth. however my display is not working well,i had to add some kext , then everything went wrong and got kernel panic.

i had to start all over again.. re-formatting and following the guide slowly but surely, had to re-download again the attachment files.

everything works well now even the itunes crash and quicktime error.

finely its half working.

what i did was adding my 10.5.8 kext -> AppleNforceATA.kext to the Extentions folder on Snow

Then i Installed NVDarvin to geht my 8600 GT 512 mb working.

comboupdate also works. fine !

BUT:

Snow is running very slow and my mouse (usb) is making big steps

i think QE is not activated. in the sys profiler is no QE entry ....

hmh i think snow for amd needs to be more developed

84r7- Hey man I recommend for u to follow the guide exactly and worry about your card after ur system is up and running if you are trying to do video cards and stuff before u even have the os running thats prob why u cant boot. thats why i didnt include the info for efi strings and what not to much to worry about before u even have the OS running if i was u just start fresh and even if u think u know how to do something just go slow and follow the steps exactly even if u think u know what to do and if u couldnt create the mkext thats bcuz u didnt copy it to your desktop then do it like the guide says u cant do it from the actual directory so follow the guide to the t and get back at me.

Amador- AIM - hardknoxni69a

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I followed your guide, but without success. Everytime i start SL i geht the message please press the reset button. Seems to be a Kernel panic.

Here a screen from the problem.

2,30320,img0015ENPWO.jpg

thanks for your help!

best regards

THANK YOU THANK YOU very well done , works from the first try except for the graphics

i have HP Touchsmart tx2-1250ee similar to the one you got (and really its a very beautiful device)

my graphic is ATI Radeon™ HD 3200 Graphics same as yours

so did you get it to work ? if not , how can i at least correct the resolution this 1024x768 is killing me (both on the netbook's lcd and VGA lcd out same resolution)

and is there anything for the Audio ? mine working but not very well (got some noise and interruptions in it)

and thanks

ok if i dont respond within a day about questions plz contact me thru mail or Instant Message AIM,Google,MSN, YAhoo, whatever i may have down for contacts best way is thru my site tekmodz.webs.com would be glad to help u all

-boltun if you are getting waiting for root device u are gooing to have to specify the location of ur Install so if ur Mac is on the first hard drive second partition you have to type in rd=disk0s2 just to specify where the files and what not are located i used to have to do that for my leo installation also the reason u are having difficulties reaching you leo installation is i assume that u installed thru a distro for leo and as in iatkos v7 the kernel is named custom so if u want to boot into leo chameleon by default loads mach_kernel unless otherwise specified thats why in the guide i said to go into com.apple.boot.plist to change mach_kernel to mach_kernel.test7 that way chameleon looks for the .test7 version of the kernel so.. if you would like to boot into leo just specify custom so you would type="custom rd=disk0s2" if u have any questions please message me easiest way is thru my site tekmodz.webs.com just join up thanks..

n4p- i am going to need a lil more information about your computer specs and all would help out greatly personally i have not encountered the error but if you let me know some information may be an easy fix AIM me for help or whatever ur style is check my profile i have multiple contact info be glad to help u

dastan- sry bro i had a topic under my name to help u out with the video card they must have took it off for some reason but on tekmodz.webs.com my site i have the driver so that should definately help u out big time

Hello Hardknox. I followed the guide to the letter without success. I couldnt patch the DSDT.Always give me the "build failed" error. When I try to reboot from the newly installed Snow, it just give me a black screen after chameleon. But again my system is a very problematic one. It wouldnt boot any Leopard distro except for iDeneb 10.5.5

I am unable to boot from any of the installation DVDs .At the first apple logo ( the grey screen right after "Loading Darwin") ,it flashes for a split second then my PC just reboot.

My hardware:

Asus M4A78-E latest official bios ver. ( Chipset AMD 790GX, Storage chipset SB750, Audio VIA VT1708S, Lan Atheros L1E)

CPU : Phenom II X4 955 BE

RAM 4 x 1G G.Skill 800Mhz

I am trying to install to a single SATA drive, tried to set to both AHCI and IDE, same thing. Also I unlock all 4 cores

Distro I tried ( All burned onto DVD)

Kalyway 10.5.2

iPC 10.5.6 Universal Final PPF5

iDeneb 10.5.8 Lite

xXx 10.5.6

iDeneb v5 10.5.7

Iatkos V7 10.5.

10.5.6 Hackintosh AMD

Snow Leopard 10.6.2 Intel AMD Made by Hazard

Snow Leopard 10.6.2 Intel AMD Made by Hazard with PPF # 2 for AMD

ALL to same result above.

May be it s the mainboard, or may be it has something to do with the Phenom II X4

Do you have any experience with a similar config? Thanks

Hey flasher i would be glad to help u with your install let me know some more details about when u boot i think one of the problems may just be cuz u have quad core but plz msg me on one of my contacts best way is thru tekmodz.webs.com check it out join up attach a pic on your reply of verbose -v like to help so let me know

dawincii try reinstalling cham and then switch the boot file from rc3 also after the reinstallation check to see if u know to refix anything like the smbious or the boot.plist

dawincii try reinstalling cham and then switch the boot file from rc3 also after the reinstallation check to see if u know to refix anything like the smbious or the boot.plist

I left the smbios and only edited the platformUUID and boot.plist with my UUID. Maybe I should do both?

Still no boot:

So I took another boot file - i guess! it is PC EFI (I use it on my computer). This lead me to "still waiting for root device".

I had some more problems like folder icons for the drives.

Then I removed all kexts from Extra and deleted all PS2 from S/L/E. (which is just because I dont have any PS2 Devices) Instead I installed an AppleVIAATA.kext.

Now I can boot. For now it just resets the CMOS but I will try to edit the DSDT.aml to fix that. I will report.

The strange thing is that the iTunes preferences are just a white box with ok and cancel buttons. It just disappears if i want to choose something. Could this be a problem with the graphiccard? (2600pro)

With the DSDT.aml patched it works. The only problem now is the odd problem with iTunes...

alright dawincci i think u might have done a little more than what was needed to fix the original problem now that u are modifying other stuff it is leading to more problems i just use chameleon as instructed in the guide but just so you know when it says waiting for root device u have to specify the location using boot flags such as rd=disk0s2 so the system boots from your primary hard disk and your secondary partition the numbers will probably differ for you but u can contact me on tekmodz.webs.com and i should be able to help u out more let me know how it all goes for you

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, thank you.

I did everything by the book and SL installed quite smooth. I also installed NVKush for GF 8800GT and it gave 1280x1024 75 Hz.

There were some mistakes in DSTD patching, though, resulting in '...couldn't built etc...', maybe its the reason that SL seems to run a little bit slower than 10.5.8 also installed on PC or maybe because I installed SL on USB disk for testing purposes.

Could you tell please if SL could be loaded in 64 bit mode - system info says software is not in 64 mode - maybe some 64 bit kernel should be used? Some people say the if you press 6 and 4 during loading it will load in 64 mode but I haven't managed to suceed...

Thank you again