Working Driver Realtek 8187 (Snow Leopard)

i_am_tristan

45 posts in this topic

Hello,

This kext does not work for snow leopard, it does not appear in system preferences using utility for kext installation, there is the icon realtek usb wlan client utility that bounced into the dock unable to work you would have a solution ?

Thanks a lot.

it worked like i described, first install the netgear wlan tool, the install will fail (the tool will report something like can't complete install because can't install the 8187.kext) after that install the modified kext and reboot, after that it shout work.

if it fails again try reboot using the 32bit kernel.

• 2 weeks later...

;)

Thank you for the fix for my WG111v3 USB Adapter for Snow Leopard 10.6.

I did not have to boot into 32bit

and I used ktext helper for the first time

adding some additional tags...

RTL8187Bl.ktext netgear wg111v3 mac 10.6

As far as I could see, this is the only thread that addresses realtek 8187 issues. NETGEAR call center support was of ZERO help!

Excellent!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I modified this kext and now it works.

Just install the attached kext using kext helper.

Hi tristan:

I used kext helper on your version but the OS reported the same "Could not install" error. (32 bit boot)

I'm wondering exactly how you modified the kext -- what did you change? (I can't find the unmodified kext so I can't compare.)

i modiefied this part (this is the modified one...):

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
<dict>
	<key>com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily</key>
	<string>1.1</string>
	<key>com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily</key>
	<string>1.8</string>
	<key>com.apple.kpi.bsd</key>
	<string>9.0.0b2</string>
	<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>
	<string>9.0.0b2</string>
	<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>
	<string>9.0.0b2</string>
	<key>com.apple.kpi.mach</key>
	<string>9.0.0b2</string>

Hallo everybody! :D

I get this model card from my MSI Wind U90x and I put it to my Dell Studio 1737, because myone was Intel 5100ABN and I don't find any drivers.

So my asking is can anybody explane me(STEP BY STEP) how to install the drivers? Do I need any other software? How to install it?

My english is not so good so that's the reason that I don't read all of the forum :) Sorry for that

And if there are some themes please send me a link to them or send me a private message.

Best regards,

Anton Todorov, Bulgaria

• 1 month later...

Great Job !!!

I have an external USB dongle (Best Buy Easy Comm USB Wifi Adaptor) with Realtek 8187B chip and with your modified kext works fine!

Without this kext, my sony vaio netbook connects and disconnect continuously (1 or times per second!) and no communication is possible. [The internal wireless chip is an Atheros 9285 and don´t work !]

-----

Snow Leopard 10.6.2 - Sony Vaio VPCW12J1E