Marvel Yukon 88E8039 in Snow Leopard [Solution is found]

porqz

19 posts in this topic

Hello, guys.

Today I installed Snow Leopard on my Sony Vaio (VGN-NR31MR). It works fine, but ethernet does not work.

Before in Leopard I used ”old“ Apple Yukon kext. But what I need to use now? Did anyone get it to work? May be anybody made old driver working?

Thanks and sorry for my english-hooenglish.

P.S.: If I find the solution, I promise, I will attach it here. :rolleyes:

Solution has been found

Use this kext. Of course, you need install it with KextHelper or manually (don’t forget to make permissions and owner).

Thanks to pdave54, he found it for me. Pdave54, you are the man. Really.

Kext has been attached to the topic.

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

Have seen this in the forum somewhere

you have to edit the id of the yukon kext in System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns

Of course, I need. But how? I mean what I need to do there? In older version I used special kexts for this LAN, but now this kext does not work in Snow Leopard. May be smart men recompile this kext for newer version of Mac OS X? I sought solution in the forum, but I did not find it.

• 1 month later...
Hello, guys.

Today I installed Snow Leopard on my Sony Vaio (VGN-NR31MR). It works fine, but ethernet does not work.

Before in Leopard I used �€œold�€� Apple Yukon kext. But what I need to use now? Did anyone get it to work? May be anybody made old driver working?

Thanks and sorry for my english-hooenglish.

P.S.: If I will find the solution, I promise, I will attach it here. :)

Solution has been found

Use this kext. Of course, you need install it with KextHelper or manually (don�€™t forget to make permissions and owner).

Thanks to pdave54, he found it for me. Pdave54, you are the man. Really.

hey friend you are very nice

can you upload the file to other website like mediafire or megaupload

cause i cannot download from uploaded.to in my country

thanks

Updated. ;)

Hi Porqz

very thanks for your very quick respone

but still some more question

1. the file at mediafire is (907kb) but the first one is (971kb),

so are you sure it is same?

2. you can say i am the baby in mac os x,

so the word you said that ((don’t forget to make permissions and owner)).

i don know what to do :rolleyes: ??

finally if you can guide me the step by step procedure, would be alsoo very greate

now i am using snow leopard on my sony vaio NR160E with no network and no correct VGA

Thanks

Hi, phan_phasa.

Yes, I’m sure, it is needed you kext, because I use that too.

To install the kext you should use application KextHelper, which you can find in Google. Just extract kext from archive and drag-and-drop it to KextHelper, enter your root password and press ‘Easy install’. After that you should to reboot you computer.

I can help you with your VGA. Just use this instructions (about SwitchResX).

Hey porqz

i feel very happy

you know now my Lan Network works fine

YOU ARE ROCK, my friend

oh i forget to tell you Wireless also no work

but i will try to solve the VGA first refer to your link, but i don think i will get success to read it all.

so will back to ask you more tomorrow

Take care my supper man

phan_phasa, use SwitchResX3. It works fine. I use SwitchResX 3.8.7.

About your Wi-Fi... Which is wireless card in your notebook? I bought Broadcom BCM4311 specially for working Wi-Fi in MacOS X, and I replaced Atheros (which was included in my Vaio by default) to Broadcom. It works very well.

phan_phasa, use SwitchResX3. It works fine. I use SwitchResX 3.8.7.

About your Wi-Fi... Which is wireless card in your notebook? I bought Broadcom BCM4311 specially for working Wi-Fi in MacOS X, and I replaced Atheros (which was included in my Vaio by default) to Broadcom. It works very well.

Oh i understand about wireless, meaning that we have to buy new external usb adapter.

and back to the VGA,

could you send me the switchrex3.8.7, cuz i don have the full version.

and forget to show me step1 step2 step3 ...etc.

i really know a little about mac os x.

i got experience only windows.. or you have trouble about nokia..

i will help you back friend

finally please give me your email address or messenger ID

i wanna place you to my friend list

• 2 months later...

I cant seem to get this to work. I have a hp dv2910us and it has the Marvell Yukon 88E8039 driver I tried placing the kext file in the zip above and copying it over with both Kext Utility And Kext Helper and restarting but it never seems to work.

By the way I'm using Snow Leopard 10.6. Please I've spent over 10 hours working on this I know it works because I had it working but after doing the 10.6.2 update it broke my PS2 keyboard and mouse so I reinstalled Snow Leopard and haven't been able to get it to work since.

• 3 months later...
PLEASE! Some one can Repost the KEXT? or reupload at any repository? PLEASE? same problem here and the kext on mediafile is gone and other links is invalid! :) so many thanks for any help!!!! :)

I’ve attached this kext to the topic. Enjoy.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I tried several versions of this kext and ofcourse this one but I still cant get connectivity...

When I check the ethernet card installed in my system rpofiler in Snow Leopard, it says:

Marvell Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053 Singelport Copper SA...

But I have a 88E8039, the same as the topic title...

What's going wrong here??

Thanks in advance...

Pangea

• 2 months later...