Motion Computing Tablet PC LE1700

Sam_Bass

7 posts in this topic

On my main Hackintosh Pro (Lifehacker version) I run 10.6.2 all features working.

On my Motion Computing LE1700 Tablet PC (MFG by Compal) I have 10.5.2 running with serial WACOM digitizer working.

Still want to get the IDT sound card working, the battery meter, finger print reader...

ANyone else doing this on a Motion Tablet.

Mine is the Core 2 Duo 1.5 GHZ with 4 GB of memory, 80GB HDD.

I had to do the video change to intel after install, then I loaded Tablet Magic for the WACOM digitizer.

post-527872-1260159972_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On my main Hackintosh Pro (Lifehacker version) I run 10.6.2 all features working.

On my Motion Computing LE1700 Tablet PC (MFG by Compal) I have 10.5.2 running with serial WACOM digitizer working.

Still want to get the IDT sound card working, the battery meter, finger print reader...

ANyone else doing this on a Motion Tablet.

Mine is the Core 2 Duo 1.5 GHZ with 4 GB of memory, 80GB HDD.

I had to do the video change to intel after install, then I loaded Tablet Magic for the WACOM digitizer.

I've just acquired a LE1600 that I would like to try, only problem is the screen is cracked! Works with an external monitor though. Any caveats I should be aware of?

Thanks

John

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I installed 10.5.7 iAtkos v7 on Motion Computing LE1700 but only got 1280x1024 using OSX86 tools, battery meter working and nothing else, no BT, no Wireless, No digitizer witn the latest tablet magic..

I would like to know if someone has succeeded in installing any OSX86 fully working on the LE1700, what configuration was used because no one has posted on hcl OSX86 project about this particular tabletPC. Because I'm new to this stuff I might need "for dummies" instructions.. thanks

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

would you please explain how to install OSX on my Motion LE1600 ??? i mean i am going crazy since a week tried few different versions of OSX such IPC , IDENEB , IATKOS and having startup screen issue after installation done , i mean when i start the system apple logo with cross icon ... something wrong but don`t know what please need help . already entered Verbose mode end of the lines i see it says waiting for root or something like that please . any explanation step by step how to install and which one ... My email address is : a r i f s h e n @ a o l . c o m

Best Regards,

would you please explain how to install OSX on my Motion LE1600 ??? i mean i am going crazy since a week tried few different versions of OSX such IPC , IDENEB , IATKOS and having startup screen issue after installation done , i mean when i start the system apple logo with cross icon ... something wrong but don`t know what please need help . already entered Verbose mode end of the lines i see it says waiting for root or something like that please . any explanation step by step how to install and which one ...

My email address is : a r i f s h e n @ a o l . c o m

Best Regards,

would you please explain how to install OSX on my Motion LE1600 ??? i mean i am going crazy since a week tried few different versions of OSX such IPC , IDENEB , IATKOS and having startup screen issue after installation done , i mean when i start the system apple logo with cross icon ... something wrong but don`t know what please need help . already entered Verbose mode end of the lines i see it says waiting for root or something like that please . any explanation step by step how to install and which one ... My email address is : a r i f s h e n @ a o l . c o m

Best Regards,

• 6 months later...

I have OS 10.4.11 running on my Motion LE1700. Everything works (ncluding the digitizer with TabletMagic pref pane), except the built-in speakers. Audio out (headphones) works as well as USB audio, so no big deal. I'd like to install a more current version of OSX but haven't got the courage yet to mess with this setup since it's working smoothly.

Any ideas of the best way to install (or preferably upgrade - longshot, I know) to Leopard or Snow Leopard?

• 2 weeks later...

I have Snow Leopard 10.6.7 running on the Motion Computing LE1700.

Everthing works except:

Bluetooth: (work in progress)

Infrared: (no intrest)

Sleep: (work in progress)

SD and PCMCIA Ports: (haven't applied kexts yet)

Fingerprint reader : (not recongnized by protector studio)

INTEL GMA950 Quartz / OPgl : accelaration WORKS

SOUND: WORKS

WIFI: WORKS

WAN: WORKS

TABLET DIGITIZER : WORKS

BUTTONS: WORKS

USB PORTS: WORKS

I have the single core version with the XVGA ...it rocks.. can't wait for a dual core.