An upside to the MBP heat

8 posts in this topic

I noticed somethign wonderful today, as I lounged at the beach...

So I was laying in the sun, letting my mind wander, when it hit me. I left my MBP in the car on a 95 degree day, windows up. As I thought about it further, I also realized that it was recieving a direct injection of sunlight --and heat. I began to panic, thinking I had made a horrible mistake. My girlfriend reassured me by making a smart-ass comment about how they get hotten than the sun anyway.

Sure enough, she was right! Here I am, on my MBP typing away.

My old PC laptop casing actually melted under similar circumstances... So, I guess Apple inadvertantly did something right.

I had to share this, I thought it was funny.

Yes, the fact that they overheat unreasonably is a "feature".

Is the whine a feature too?

"MacBook Pro. The whine is actually a noise designed to make you feel like your Macbook Pro is a pet"

"MacBook Pro. The whine is actually a noise designed to make you feel like your Macbook Pro is a pet"

They must have been designed to be pets. They moo like real animals. You should call it your Mookbook Pro.

I wouldn't count on it's heat properties in the future...

how do you "forget" about a 2-3k piece of equipment?

I was just coming from Starbucks, so I had it with me. As I'm sure some of you know, time can slip when you've got a nice cup of coffee and a computer to sit at. I was running late for the beach --I hate to be late -- it slipped my mind. Needless to say, I havn't been as absent minded since.