Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:25 AM
Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:02 PM
Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:09 PM
1. I have a gaming pc and for me the only reason for dedicated graphics is gaming really.
2. My desktop machine is where I do most of my photography work, so the extra screen space didn't matter.
3. I'm of the opinion that the current MBP is a transitional model and I hate buying a Mac model to have it entirely replaced in a month or two.
4. While the macbook is not free of first gen problems, the MBP seems to still be really plagued by them.
5. I like the styling of the MB better than the MBP
6. All that said, the $700 starting looking like a whole lot of $.
They are both great machines, you just have to figure out what works best in your situation.
Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:46 PM
Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:27 PM
Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:21 PM
If you're thinking MB, though, I'm not sure what you would need to wait on. It is true that in 6 months, there are likely to be faster versions of the MB, but that is nearly always the case. As long as you're happy with the current form factor and the current speed is acceptable to you, go for it.
YMMV, of course.
Posted 20 June 2006 - 03:18 AM
First time poster here. Here it goes.
I've been stuck on this for a while now. In a year from now I'll be off to college and need a decent laptop to go with me. I've been comparing the MB to the MBP and you can get each of the 2Ghz machines for a difference of $700. Basically, to me, this $700 offers 2 inches of screen space and dedicated graphics. The two inches of space barely matters to me as much as the graphics do.
While I'm there I will want to game a fair amount, but not too seriously. I want to get a laptop that will service my studies as well as a little bit of gaming. Now, I'm just not quite sure if $700 is really worth playing the occasional game or two.
I wouldn't mind any of today's generation games or the next gen games on lowest settings and I will most likely bring up a 17" monitor. I know this is thinking ahead a bit as I'm still a soon-to-be-senior in HS but I might get the laptop earlier than even next summer. Maybe the integrated intel graphics in the MB will be upgraded by then.
I also have a pretty decent gaming PC tower with me right now. I dunno if that'd be worth bringing up with me. Seems like too much.
Thanks for your ideas.
Still waiting for Merom,
Being back from my first year in college, I can tell you one thing, a laptop is a hell of alot easier to bring back and forth between college and home.
Also, alot of people bring their laptops to class for those teachers that lecture off a power point or something.
That being said, I bought an imac ;p
Posted 20 June 2006 - 03:27 AM
Intel Core Duo, 15" UXGA, 512 DDR2, Intel GMA 950, SATA HDD
Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:38 AM
Posted 06 July 2006 - 03:05 AM
Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:50 AM
That would be a smart move on Apples part.
Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:03 PM
Also i'll have CS2 and some other heavy apps to test out and see how fast they work and i'll let you know.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users