Macbook Pro 15in LED

Jeezoflip

5 posts in this topic

Hey.. i have one of the newest 15 inch macbook pros with the led backlit screens. The max resolution in display prefs is 1440x900. However, i was curious if anyone knows if the screen is capable of displaying in 1600x1050. i would do this by adding it to the graphics string in the com.apple.boot.plist. but im scared if it cant display it, the screen will just be black and i wont be able to access anything again. haha. any thoughts?

I tried that on my brothers macbookpro 13... It was conected to my display which i knew at teh time was 25??x1600, it then displayed and gave options to output at the correct resolution, but a day later when it wasn;t connected to the screen, it wouldn;t show anything after the grace period for os selection....

I removed the harddrive, put it into my hack and restored the file, all worked...

so its worth a shot, just make sure you have a backup and a computer and equipment to change it back if something goes pearshaped .

Then again, it may not work because of the screens actual limitations...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest aspepteve

The new MacBook Pro 17 inch has just been released. Go to the apple store website now and you will see that they do offer a 100 GB HDD 7200 RPM.

But it will cost you extras.

Max resolution in the Display preferences is the same as the max resolution of the display itself. LCD displays are not like CRT, and cannot just produce a higher resolution image, because LCDs have a set number of pixels. You can't display more pixels than the display itself has.

simple as that. it's not worth a shot.

Max resolution in the Display preferences is the same as the max resolution of the display itself. LCD displays are not like CRT, and cannot just produce a higher resolution image, because LCDs have a set number of pixels. You can't display more pixels than the display itself has.

simple as that. it's not worth a shot.

okay thankyou. that was the answer i was looking for.