Macbook Pro advice

25 posts in this topic

Clock for clock, the smaller screen model will slightly outperform the larger screen model. So the 13 inch 2.56 GHz model will be slightly faster in a 13-incher.

In terms of where to buy it, go to the place that offers you the best deal. Powermax will sell what are called "open box" models, which are the exact same systems but at a cheaper price (because the box was opened to be a display model or something). Other places could offer more RAM, a briefcase, or anything really. You just have to shop for a place that offers the best deal.

• 3 months later...

i would recommend the 13" 2.53 ghz with 4gb ram , as it has a smaller screen it will outperform the 15"

also it is a lot lighter, i carry mine around all day, i walk roughly 4km every day just round my campus

and it really helps.

• 1 month later...

Just buy one from Apple's website. Because if you buy it through they're website you can use they're education discount, and you also get a discount on the apple protection plan if buy it preinstalled wi the MacbookPro. If you use the discount and buy the low-end 15-inch you can get it for $1,699.99, if you get it with the protection plan you're looking at $1,938.00. But with the 8GB of ram, and 512GB SSD. Most likely you're looking at $3,558.00.

Hope this helps.

Hey all i just got my MacBook pro mid 2010 i LOVE IT .....ITS :D:) BLAZZIN FAST

Did you get the i7...

I was eyeing the one @ MicroCenter $2199 seems like a hefty price. My friend has the 13" core 2 @2.4 meh ok at best. Can't handle graphics

Ready to pull the trigger but duno anyone that has it. Would agree the turbo on the i7 would be blazing fast. I have my OCZ Vertex SSD on my EVGA X58 and would stick one in it as well.

Awesome you have one. And Welcome to the Forum