• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

A Nonny Moose

A Nonny Moose

Proud PPC User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
So a couple of days ago I got a 733 MHz G4 graphite digital audio model tower. This system includes a SuperDrive (which was added on later because the front bezel is gone) and is a little better than my "Last of the G3 700 iMacs" (now an Ubuntu Linux machine)

The total cost (which includes keyboard, monitor, and mouse)? A mere $250. I think I got a good deal on a really nice looking piece of Mac history (graphite G4's are very aesthetically pleasing to me).

TranSport

TranSport

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
You know it is a funny thing those towers.

My freind had a G4 350 mhz tower I just reformatted for sale.

It was built in 1999 and sold in 2000.

So the machine was basically 7 years old.

I am now 30 and I remember back in high school 12 years ago windows (1) or '93 was hot to trot.
And like 7 years before that it was like a Tandy TRS80 that was hot.

I still look at the g4 towers as a usable machine but I wonder how legacy is it really? I bet to a high school kid of today it may look like how I look at a Tandy or Comodore 64?

Or I am just a computer geek and always will be?

Colonel

Colonel

11 Herbs & Spices

• Retired
  • 4,157 posts
$250? Wow. I spent $500 on my refurb iBook G3 800 MHz. Where'd you get such an awesome deal?

A Nonny Moose

A Nonny Moose

Proud PPC User

• Members
  • 2,421 posts
Colonels, I was able to snag it out of a local seller's paper (ours is called the Bulletin Board, not sure what it's called elsewhere)

shadowmoses

shadowmoses

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Shows there are some amazing deals to be had....Its a great machine and still looks sexy!!!

ShadoW

vbetts

vbetts

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,620 posts
Wow, $250 for that.You can't even find a G4 laptop at $300 much anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy