126 replies to this topic

drho2004

drho2004

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:hardware, cars
hmmm im having a weird problem here. ok at first i had jas 10.4.6 installed on my new built, sound worked fine. i have:
My mobo P5GV-MX.

My sound card is Soundmax ich6

all worked fine, no sound in but i didnt care, i had sound out. i upgrated to jas 10.4.8 w/patches...i lost qe/ci but i still had sound (used diabolik gma900 to fix qe/ci) ok i hosed the system. did a clean re-install of jas 10.4.8 w/patches. now....no sound! wtf? i tried almost all methods mentioned here, and i cannot get sound, nothing shows up in sound devices...this is weird. is there something ican pull from the 10.4.6 dvd that can get my sound going?? anybody else had this issue? i really dont want to install 10.4.6 then upgreade to 10.4.8... :(

bijoux

bijoux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I've been trying to get sound on my laptop (Asus W3J w/ 10.4.9, AD1986A) for days now to no avail. Azalia gives me control to volume sliders but I get no sound, AC97 just wont work and AppleHDA patch, gives me "Line Out" and "Digital Out" however I still dont have sound. Has anybody gotten this combo (W3J + 11d41986/27D88086) to work? Please tell me your method. This is getting frustrating for real.

Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio

VEN: 8086
DEV: 27D8

SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio

VEN: 11D4
DEV: 1986

As per XP device manager. Can anyone help?

Andreas Syrigos

Andreas Syrigos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

i have same problem and same device of Andreas Syrigos...please help!

Andreas Syrigos: i thinks the problem is that the AD1981B need to enable external amplifier...i must do it in linux for have a sound....but in this forum no one can how fix this problem.

Can you recommend a LiveCD I can download and test it out with a Linux distro?

fabeffex

fabeffex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
knoppix

dutchMasta

dutchMasta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
@ bijoux: Hey, I got the same laptop and same vendor and dev ids. Unfortunately, I also got the same problems, and tried a lot of the methods out there. Tell me if you got a fix, I'll do the same if I manage to get it working.

W3J, Soundmax AD1986A - 11d41986, Microsoft UAA Bus Driver - 27D88086

Tried AppleHDA patch method - drag and drop AD1986A txt file into the patcher and it does its stuff automatically
- Line Out and Digital Out detected
- Can't move volume slider
- No built-in audio detected in system profiler
- Tried both audio sockets in my laptop with headphones, and laptop speakers
-> No Audio

Tried AppleAzaliaAudio method - removed AppleAC97Audio.kext, AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext, inserted my ven+dev IDs for both HDA controller and sound card into AppleAzaliaAudio, moved it to Extensions, repaired permissions + ownership, cleared cache, rebooted
- HD Audio Output detected
- CAN move volume slider
-> No Audio

Tried AppleAC97Audio method - removed HDA, Azalia, etc., inserted ADS78 into AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext Info.plist, and 0x27d88086 into IOPCIPrimaryMatch key for the AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext Info.plist, repaired permissions + ownership, cleared cache, rebooted
- Nothing detected
- Can't move volume slider
-> No Audio

Tried Azalia and AppleAC97Audio method combined, exactly the same result as trying Azalia by itself.
There are loads of different versions of the AppleAC97Audio.kext and AppleAzaliaAudio.kext files, I've tried several but they don't seem to make a difference. I can't tell if the internal mute is on or not, but pressing Fn+F10, which activates/de-activates it, makes no difference. Same with Fn+F12 which increases the volume. To repair permissions/ownership, and clear cache, I do the following:

sudo -s
<enter in my password>
cd /System/Library/Extensions/
chown -R root:wheel <drivername>.kext
chmod -R 755 <drivername>.kext
diskutil repairpermissions /
cd /System/Library/
rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache

I also check using kextstat | grep AC97 or Azalia to see if the kext is loaded.

Please help, I'm close to buying a USB sound card, which I don't want to do, since the laptop only has 3 USB ports, all of which I use (USB splitters don't work, always get the too much USB power consumption error message). Thanks!!

Pierrinator

Pierrinator

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I got a problem with the Rammjet Method and M2N-E Mobo :

When i try to load the modifield kext, Terminal says to me

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAudioFamily.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions)
kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions)

Thanks in advance for your help.

elopedthought

elopedthought

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
start with that command in terminal:
sudo -s

then type your password and hit enter!
then go on with loading the kext file

if that doesn't work check and repair your permissions in disk utility!

hope that helps, not shure cause i'm a neewbie....but got leo fully running on my amd machine today :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy