• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic

Ben Eyre

Ben Eyre

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Ok Zach.... i take it you fixed the permissions?

Gooly

Gooly

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
This is my sound card info can anyone help.Generated using dxdiag

Description: Realtek AC97 Audio
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4341&SUBSYS_FF101179&REV_00
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: ALCXWDM.SYS
Driver Version: 5.10.0000.5510 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 2/26/2004 22:20:38, 611820 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
HW Accel Level: Full
Cap Flags: 0xB5B
Min/Max Sample Rate: 8000, 48000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX™ 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
I3DL2™ Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura™ ZoomFX™: No
Registry: OK
Sound Test Result: Not run

daryb

daryb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I was jsut wondering if anyone knows of any third party diagnostics utilities for osx, so i can check what sound card I have, and thus my ID. I know this is probably an inexistent tool considering apples proprietary hardware, but thought it was worth a shot. The reason I ask is because I don't have a windows machine.thanks.

B612

B612

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Try these Modifed kext file, place in Harddrive System Library Extensions, enter your root password, reboot, and let me know if the sound works

Ben

Ben, I've done what you suggested and... NOTHING! The only thing I can do is whistling myself :whistle:

As it was earlier, I can see and move the volume bar etc, but I hear no sound.

If I go to System Information, I see HD Audio Output as output device; I see no input device.

Anybody could be able to solve my problem? if so, I invite you for lunch, dinner, pizza party, etc.! :angel:

Thank you guys

liebowa

liebowa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
At the risk of sounding stupid, are you sure that you have your output device (speakers, etc.) hooked up to the correct jack on the back of the soundcard?

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I, too, couldn't get sound out of my install. I had the same symptoms you did - everything looked perfect - just no sound.

I then tried a last ditch effort and plugged my speakers into the black jack on the back of my soundcard - and it worked!

Just a thought...

B612

B612

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

At the risk of sounding stupid, are you sure that you have your output device (speakers, etc.) hooked up to the correct jack on the back of the soundcard?

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I, too, couldn't get sound out of my install. I had the same symptoms you did - everything looked perfect - just no sound.

I then tried a last ditch effort and plugged my speakers into the black jack on the back of my soundcard - and it worked!

Just a thought...

Thank you very much for your answer... Unfortunately I did try all the possibilities. Since in Windows I don't normally use the same sound card, I first plugged the sound card in Windows to the various speakers (I have a 5.1 system), I tested each of them.
When I was sure everything worked perfectly, I switched to MAC and I had no sound, as before. :gun:
I find absurd that there is no solution for the 2 sound cards I have!

(My specs are: CPU Intel P4 630 dual 3.02 GHz, 2 Mb cache; Hard Disk SATA Maxtor 160 Gb partitioned and dual booted with native MAC installation; 1 Gb DDR RAM; Motherboard ASUS P5GL-MX [with the integrated SoundMax card we are talking about]; SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS [it doesn't work, either]; etc....)

hebcuma

hebcuma

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hi guys really I need help

I install de Mac os X x86 in 2 dell optiplex 170l, and all looks find exept the f#ck!ing audio, I did try to find a new AppleAC97.kext a load it, but the only thing that I do is nothing, now my card sound is not the hardware list, Im really need help, First where can I find de AppleAC97.kext for a SoundMax digital audio whit this

VEN_8086
DEV_2405Subsy_017A1028
Rev_0

, I found some files but, only a .kext I cant enter to the folders below it

mail to pleae : hecbuma@gmail.com

atte: hecbuma, Im from Mexico so, my enlgish its not fine

Don Luca

Don Luca

The Random Factor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Guys, I think I found the problem...
First of all, i have a AD1980 Chipset integrated in my Asus K8V-X with only the left channel working...
When i checked what kext were loaded with kextstat i actually found that the correct one (AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext) is not loaded!!!
Instead, the kext loaded is AppleAC97AudioVIA.kext!!!

I really don't know what to do... help me!!

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
Eh guys any solution or new driver to get on this sound card OPENAL working for games? no sound in D3 and QUAKE 4 :D

bigboss

bigboss

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
guys if you find the left channel only working, try changing the input from Mic to Line-In in Audio Midi Setup Util (located in /Applications/Utilities). I have a soundmax adi1980 (added device and manufacturer ID to soundmax.kext in AppleAC97Audio.kext/plugins) card that works perfectly in os x if i plug it into the microphone jack (black slot).

my device id 266e
manufacturer id 8086

ps: if you are running 10.4.4/10.4.5, i suggest you use the 10.4.3 kext as the volume control seems messed with 10.4.4 and 10.4.5 using their respective kexts.

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
okay so bigboss u have no way to get sound under openal games?

ginovantuno

ginovantuno

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

guys if you find the left channel only working, try changing the input from Mic to Line-In in Audio Midi Setup Util (located in /Applications/Utilities). I have a soundmax adi1980 (added device and manufacturer ID to soundmax.kext in AppleAC97Audio.kext/plugins) card that works perfectly in os x if i plug it into the microphone jack (black slot).

my device id 266e
manufacturer id 8086

ps: if you are running 10.4.4/10.4.5, i suggest you use the 10.4.3 kext as the volume control seems messed with 10.4.4 and 10.4.5 using their respective kexts.

I got the same chipset, installed the 10.4.3 kext and.....it ONLY works in digital!!!! Fortunally i've got my Pc (or mac??) connected to a Digital 5.1 amplifier! I found a connector in motherboard SPDIF and i connected an RCA connector. After lots and lots of trying this is the only way i reached to make me MAC talk! I haven't a standard motherboard, it's a Fujitsu-SIEMENS Scenic W620 PC with i915G. With the Marklar one works all fine but the sound, with the 10.4.5 i needed an USB kwyboard, to connect my mice to an USB port, and it all worked fine! Also the IEEE1394 in my Audigy2 works fine, i connected my iPod and the system found it! I also got an M-AUDIO Audiophile 2496, but i must wait for the Intel drivers!

Thanx for the advice! Hope my xperience help!!!

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
TO MACGIRL:
hi my ac97 works fine (P4P800SE)=soundmax 198X
BUT a great but, i cant have sound into openal app and unfortunately QuAKE4 cant play with sound....
any solution for this? i know it's linked to the lack of IOHDAudioFamily and works fine using the Azalia kext (which isnt our card ehehe)
thanx

MadDog

MadDog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

What is codec ID? First, you can get it from Windows XP with EVEREST (http://www.lavalys.hu/index.php). If already you knew your codec chip, for example: AD1986a, you can get the ID from Analog Devices datasheet.

I've spent two days working on this. Analog Devices' spec sheet for the AD1981B does not list the register information for the CODEC and Everest is no longer freeware and the trialware version does not give the register information either. So how do I find the CODEC ID?! :D

Sunny

Sunny

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hi Lucose,

I've tried your method and AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext was loaded successfully
via kextload -v AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext.
Also, your next steps were followed:
rm Extensions.kextcache
kextcache -k Extensions
However, it did not get automatically loaded after reboot, and thus no sound still.
(Nothing displayed with "kextstat | grep -i ac97".)
Do you have any idea what I could do to fix this?
Btw, my audio chip is AD1986a too.
Thanks!

Hey guys,

If you get a Analog Devices AC97 Codec, you can try to modify the plist file to get it work. First in your "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Context/PlugIn/AppleAC97CodecAD198x/Context/Info.plist"

Find the pattern:

<dict>
 <key>AD198x</key>
 <dict>
 	<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
 	<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAC97CodecAD198x</string>
 	<key>IOClass</key>
 	<string>AppleAC97CodecAD198x</string>
 	<key>IOProbeScore</key>
 	<integer>10000</integer>
 	<key>IOProviderClass</key>
 	<string>IOAC97CodecDevice</string>
 	<key>PNPVendorID</key>
 	<string>ADS75 ADS74 ADS73 ADS72</string>
 </dict>
	</dict>

Change codec device ID to yours. What is codec ID? First, you can get it from Windows XP with EVEREST (http://www.lavalys.hu/index.php). If already you knew your codec chip, for example: AD1986a, you can get the ID from Analog Devices datasheet. Now I use AD1986a as sample:

Read the AD1986a spec, you can find the vender ID in register 7C, 7E.
Register 7C = 0x4144
Register 7E = 0x5378
Which '41' '44' '53' are ASCII codes, they are 'A', 'D', and 'S'. And the LSB byte of register 7E indicates the number of codec ID. Here AD1986a is '78'. So you can get the whole ID of AD1986a; it is 'ADS78'. It's simple, right?

All right, modify the above Info.plist file. Change any one of them (ADS75 ADS74 ADS73 ADS72) to ADS78.
<dict>
 <key>AD198x</key>
 <dict>
 	<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
 	<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAC97CodecAD198x</string>
 	<key>IOClass</key>
 	<string>AppleAC97CodecAD198x</string>
 	<key>IOProbeScore</key>
 	<integer>10000</integer>
 	<key>IOProviderClass</key>
 	<string>IOAC97CodecDevice</string>
 	<key>PNPVendorID</key>
 	<string>ADS78 ADS74 ADS73 ADS72</string> <=== MODIFY THIS LINE!
 </dict>
	</dict>

Remember that keep 4 IDs in the line "<string>ADS78 ADS74 ADS73 ADS72</string>"

The last step is load the AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext:
sudo -s
kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97.kext/Context/PlugIn/AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext
cd /System/Library
rm Extensions.kextcache
kextcache -k Extensions

You can use:
kextstat | grep AC97
check AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext loaded or not.

This way only for Analog Devices AD19xx (lucky guys). Other codec like Realtek still not working (at least on my Realtek ALC250 not working!).

Get a try! :)

EDIT::
By the way, if this way working, please someone moves this thread into 'Success' or open a new thread in 'Success', thanks.

gu3d3s

gu3d3s

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
Hi all,

I have a Soundmax id 808624d5, this work after instal 10.4.6, but i no have a MIC sound. any help me a configure this!?

thanks

mABNER

mABNER

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in interesting things...
i'm starting to get really anoyed with this. it shows the controls, the slidebars, in quicktime it even show the vis bars pumping up and down.... God give me a light before a grab the hammer downstairs and smash this ******* **** into pieces just as i did with the othe ones and my console.... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : :blink: :( :| :help: :blink: :blowup:

dapapst

dapapst

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Also got problems with my soundcard over here.
It's a AD1986a (VEN_11D4, DEV_1986) on ICH7-M (VEN_8086, DEV_27D8).
I've tried to change the AudioAC97 (to ADS78), the AudioHDA (changed to my ICH7 IDs) and also the AudioAzalia (also changed to the referring IDs).
But still -> No Sounddevice
Is there a general problem with AD1986a on ICH7-M or am I just not smart enough :D

Any help appriciated

feanaro

feanaro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I don't seem to get it working. followed the howto in the wiki (http://wiki.osx86pro...index.php/Audio), but the driver fails to load, saying:

16IOAC97AudioCodec is not compatible with its superclass, 9IOService superclass changed?
kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext
load failed for extension AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext
(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

My ID (according to windows) are vendor: 11D4, device: 198B (soundmax integrated thingy on a Asus M2N-E system board. Can someone please help? I have spend days on this, but sound is still nog working.

Archion

Archion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

My ID (according to windows) are vendor: 11D4, device: 198B (soundmax integrated thingy on a Asus M2N-E system board. Can someone please help? I have spend days on this, but sound is still nog working.

I have the same chipset as you, what we need is the data sheet on the chip set, but it is nowhere to be found on the analog site or the soundmax site, with vendor id we only have one half of the equation, we need the device revision id from the data sheet translated from ascii, but they dont seem to want to get off of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy