SoundMax AD198x - AC97 Sound

micline

127 posts in this topic

i'm starting to get really anoyed with this. it shows the controls, the slidebars, in quicktime it even show the vis bars pumping up and down.... God give me a light before a grab the hammer downstairs and smash this ******* **** into pieces just as i did with the othe ones and my console.... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : :blink::(:|:help::blink::blowup:

Also got problems with my soundcard over here.

It's a AD1986a (VEN_11D4, DEV_1986) on ICH7-M (VEN_8086, DEV_27D8).

I've tried to change the AudioAC97 (to ADS78), the AudioHDA (changed to my ICH7 IDs) and also the AudioAzalia (also changed to the referring IDs).

But still -> No Sounddevice

Is there a general problem with AD1986a on ICH7-M or am I just not smart enough :D

Any help appriciated

I don't seem to get it working. followed the howto in the wiki (http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Audio), but the driver fails to load, saying:

16IOAC97AudioCodec is not compatible with its superclass, 9IOService superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext

load failed for extension AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

My ID (according to windows) are vendor: 11D4, device: 198B (soundmax integrated thingy on a Asus M2N-E system board. Can someone please help? I have spend days on this, but sound is still nog working.

My ID (according to windows) are vendor: 11D4, device: 198B (soundmax integrated thingy on a Asus M2N-E system board. Can someone please help? I have spend days on this, but sound is still nog working.

I have the same chipset as you, what we need is the data sheet on the chip set, but it is nowhere to be found on the analog site or the soundmax site, with vendor id we only have one half of the equation, we need the device revision id from the data sheet translated from ascii, but they dont seem to want to get off of it.

Archion, can you explain: why is it only half of the puzzle to get the vendor and device IDs? I thought that was al that was needed. And how are we going to te able to lay hands on the other information needed?

I know a thing or two about *nix systems, but am not very experienced when it comes to hardware, I'm afraid.

Archion, can you explain: why is it only half of the puzzle to get the vendor and device IDs? I thought that was al that was needed. And how are we going to te able to lay hands on the other information needed?

I know a thing or two about *nix systems, but am not very experienced when it comes to hardware, I'm afraid.

See this post in this topic

code edits for sound

Hi,

I nearly have sound working it seems as I have a AD1981BL

(http://www.analog.com/en/prod/0,2877,AD1981BL,00.html)

but device manager reports the string:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4341&SUBSYS_06DB103C&REC00\3&...

I've tried the unlikely <key>PNPVendorID</key> of AC&#2;10

as per lucose's instrux but it still won't work.

Does anybody have any other suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

AS

• 3 weeks later...
I have the same chipset as you, what we need is the data sheet on the chip set, but it is nowhere to be found on the analog site or the soundmax site, with vendor id we only have one half of the equation, we need the device revision id from the data sheet translated from ascii, but they dont seem to want to get off of it.

hiya i also have the M2N32 with SoundMAX 1998B. everest displays the following information

Codec ID 11D4198B / 00000000

Codec Revision 00100200

Device ID 10DE-0371

Subsystem ID 1043-81F6

Device Class 0403 (High Definition Audio)

Hardware ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01 & VEN_11D4 & DEV_198B & SUBSYS_104381F6 & REV_1002

Tried the AppleAC97AudioIntelICH method

The AppleAC97Codec198x help doesn't make sense with the Codec ID listed here - its certainly not ASCII!

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hi everyone! First of all I apologize for my bad english.

I have asus p4c800 deluxe with soundmax AC97 (ICH5, string is "24d58086") integrated audio and I can hear good stereo sound and mic works too, but no way to have surround sound. Moreover currently I have a cpu only sse2 capable ( P4 Northwood 2.6C ) and a graphic card with no QE/CI (Ati 8500), so maybe I will not manage to obtain surrond due to lack of something in my pc, but I ask you the same.

I installed a new QT plugin found HERE in the forum, is there any chance to have almost spdif digital sound through my logitech Z-5500 system with my settings?

Did anyone with this hardware can hear dolby digital with his pc?

Thank you.

1- sound output choice in system pref

post-55238-1159692126_thumb.png

2- line out config in midi setup app

post-55238-1159692180_thumb.png

3- I can configure multi channel when line out selected and hear white noise from each speaker, but QT decode ac3 audio always in two channel

post-55238-1159692212_thumb.png

4- spdif digital output selected but no surround sounds with coaxial cable connected, seems digital data don't flow from QT in the cable

post-55238-1159692237_thumb.png

In a couple of week I'll have an Ati 9800 pro + prescott 3 ghz sse3 capable cpu, I hope I will manage to obtain surround sound in my system, is the last thing I need to say it is complete.

Bye.

/* AD1981 codec vendor ID */

390 #define AD1981_VID1 0x4144

391 #define AD1981_VID2 0x5374

That says you use ADS74 in AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext

0x4144 - hex 41 = "A"

0x4144 - hex 44 = "D"

0x5374 - hex 53 = "S"

0x5374 - hex 74 ... 74

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have an AD 1986A Sound Device and I can't get it working for the life of me.

I am running JaS 1.4.6 patched to JaS 1.4.7.

The motherboard is an ASUS P5GPL-X:

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&am...amp;modelmenu=1

I have tried all the stuff in this thread (ADS78, etc...) and I have gotten the kext to load, but not on reboot. And still not sound in any case.

I'm pretty sure my VendorID = 0x11D4 and DeviceID = 0x1986

What happens seems to be that I have an HD Audio Device in my "Audio MIDI Setup" and a Volume Control.

But in my "System Profiler" it says "Audio (Built In)" - "No Built-in Audio"

Has anyone had a similar problem and really resolved this issue?

Any help would be great. Thanks a bunch.

- Mal

Hi,

I have an AD 1986A Sound Device and I can't get it working for the life of me.

I am running JaS 1.4.6 patched to JaS 1.4.7.

The motherboard is an ASUS P5GPL-X:

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&am...amp;modelmenu=1

I have tried all the stuff in this thread (ADS78, etc...) and I have gotten the kext to load, but not on reboot. And still not sound in any case.

I'm pretty sure my VendorID = 0x11D4 and DeviceID = 0x1986

What happens seems to be that I have an HD Audio Device in my "Audio MIDI Setup" and a Volume Control.

But in my "System Profiler" it says "Audio (Built In)" - "No Built-in Audio"

Has anyone had a similar problem and really resolved this issue?

Any help would be great. Thanks a bunch.

- Mal

i'm having the same problem, i can see the volume control but i hear no sound, and i also have same audio codec (ad1986a) but different mobo (asus p5rd1-vm uli m5461 sound controler)

Yeah thanks I kinda knew both of those things tho :poster_oops:

I was just wondering if there was kinda like a x86 generic Unix/BSD hardware probing tool as I don't have Windoze on this box, and frankly don't want it. :)

Just wanna check what the Device and Vendor ID is for the ICH6 is. I understand that is most likely 2668 & 8086, would it be different for certain mobos?

Ta.

- Mal