• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

alabamas

alabamas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Yes...the Video Memory is now 512MB but there is still the same issues with the full screen movies for example...or maybe a litle bit better, I don`t know...

What issues do you have with fullscreen movies,i can even play flash hd from youtube .You have to disable harsware acceleration on flash player settings.As for quick time i've always been able to watch movies in fullscreen!!!!

bboyg

bboyg

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
The REAL issue is that my CPU is Intel Dual Core T3400 2,16 and I need to load it with one core (cpus=1) otherwise verry often I get Kernel Panic. So if I load with the two cores I can watch fullscreen even without need of 512 MB VM, only with native resolution. S I need something to work with ONE CORE. I`m not saying that U did a bad kext or some...on the contrary I`m verry glad that there are still people who wants to help us, milions of users cursed to use Intel GL 45 chips!!!

limonada

limonada

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Does it work in Leopard or Snow Leopard? 32 or 64 bits?

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
I tested this on a few distros and on an existing install with x4500 patch it did nothing, a clean install of iatkos v7 gave 512MB VRAM, iatkos v7 updated to 10.5.8 worked gave 512MB VRAM, ideneb v6 lite edition gave 512MB VRAM, snowleopard universal installer 10.6 (64bit) same, snowleo vanilla install same (64 and 32 bit) So it seems to work across the board although I don't see any differance in haveing the 512MB over the 144MB in snowleo mine shows 800MgHz from the RAM in leo (iatkos and ideneb) 667 but that is from the distro not this kext so it works great and does as advertised native resolution with no artifacts and with no patching. Great job alabamas native res, no artifacts and a no-patch kext that can be replaced when we do get QE/CI without having to reinstall :P FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!

mact0

mact0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
work's on vostro1520 but always vertical lliines(not on external screen)

MrComputerWhiz

MrComputerWhiz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Thank you :D Works on my machine great

Hav0c

Hav0c

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
This works for me, thanks a lot!

Benjan

Benjan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Just as expected, got a dark screen when it's the time for desktop on Thinkpad T40, seemed to be a backlight issue. Anybody got a fix?

CharredPC

CharredPC

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Just as expected, got a dark screen when it's the time for desktop on Thinkpad T40, seemed to be a backlight issue. Anybody got a fix?

Define dark. Backlight but no picture, or picture with no backlight?

Benjan

Benjan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Define dark. Backlight but no picture, or picture with no backlight?

Sorry, it's T400,

Just pretty pretty dim,not totally black, so it has backlight ,right? The sure thing is, no picture at all.

Benjan

Benjan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
After patching dsdt with some X3100 string, I got a blue screen after the blue screen now, and the system seemed to be dead. Anyone got a clue?

OK, great news:

I finally got native screen on thinkpad T400 with x4500 in snow leopard, 1440x900@60Hz,

However, only in safe boot mode. Otherwise, it gives a damn blue screen as I said earlier.

I couldn't capture screen at this moment, can only get a blank white one. Dunno why.

Pls help.

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
I dont know how you got this working on 10.6.2 but I would like to know I got it working on 10.5.7, 10.6 and 10.6.1 but as soon as I update to 10.6.2 it no longer works

Thank you :D Works on my machine great

CharredPC

CharredPC

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

After patching dsdt with some X3100 string, I got a blue screen after the blue screen now, and the system seemed to be dead. Anyone got a clue?
Pls help.

Are you using 10.5.x or SL? I run 10.5.8, and mine had the exact same symptoms; blank backlit screen, no picture. There's two ways of fixing it- replacing the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and adding Natit.kext (both available from links in my sig), or patching the DSDT and adding display overrides if needed. You may be able to boot using -x, then turn on Screen Sharing so you can work on it using a different pc.

Benjan

Benjan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Are you using 10.5.x or SL? I run 10.5.8, and mine had the exact same symptoms; blank backlit screen, no picture. There's two ways of fixing it- replacing the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and adding Natit.kext (both available from links in my sig), or patching the DSDT and adding display overrides if needed. You may be able to boot using -x, then turn on Screen Sharing so you can work on it using a different pc.

I got it working on 10.6.2, but only in safe mode, otherwise all I got is a blue screen.
Damn. how can I get rid of "-x"? Is this a know issue or what?
Your AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and adding Natit.kext can get me free of "-x"?

See my previous post:

OK, great news:

I finally got native screen on thinkpad T400 with x4500 in snow leopard, 1440x900@60Hz,

However, only in safe boot mode. Otherwise, it gives a damn blue screen as I said earlier.

I couldn't capture screen at this moment, can only get a blank white one. Dunno why.

CharredPC

CharredPC

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

I got it working on 10.6.2, but only in safe mode, otherwise all I got is a blue screen.
Damn. how can I get rid of "-x"? Is this a know issue or what?
Your AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and adding Natit.kext can get me free of "-x"?

I doubt my drivers will help if you're in 10.6.x. See, this is why I'm happy sticking to 10.5.8 ;)

bboyg

bboyg

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
I`m with this kext on 10.6 and it works fine. Native resolution and 512 MB of VRAM. Only can`t switch the QuartzGL on. Thats it :(

Benjan

Benjan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

I`m with this kext on 10.6 and it works fine. Native resolution and 512 MB of VRAM. Only can`t switch the QuartzGL on. Thats it :(

OK. finally works now, But can you capture screen? The only thing I get is a white blank pic.

bboyg

bboyg

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
no...there are issues like screen capture or viewing pictures with Preview ... sorry :(

Benjan

Benjan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

no...there are issues like screen capture or viewing pictures with Preview ... sorry :P

Same problem, what's the cause? anybody else?

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Everything works fine here preview fine screenshots (with copernicus) works fine I dont have anyproblems with this kext (leo 10.5.8) I did, however have these problems using it in snow leo (10.6 and 10.6.1 as posted I could not get it to work after updating to 10.6.2) works great for me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy