Possibility of porting Linux driver to Mac for the GMA 4500 =D

Guest barrick

38 posts in this topic

barrick, what's AppleIntelGMAX3100 supposed to do on your driver? On that hack to get native resolution, it doesn't get loaded, which is weird. On your driver, I could say that it is loaded, but I'm not sure (didn't get it to work fully here yet). Anyway, keep the good work! ;)

- EDIT: barrick, your driver, to me, without a dsdt.aml, crashes on a black screen. With dsdt.aml it goes to that vertical lines I talk about below, then to a white screen with a black bar on the middle and then it crashes. The reason I now OSX crashed it's because I can't control sound from keyboard and I don't hear the gmail notifier :(

-

Some few words about this GMA4500...

I tested those kexts too. To me, they go to native resolution, but I get a problem with some vertical lines on the screen. The OS X starts, it shows a blue screen, then it blinks (like something was being loaded or resolution changing, dunno) and when it was supposed to show the desktop, it show a lot of colorful vertical lines on both sides and a huge black bar on the middle.

I used to fix this on Leopard by rebooting the laptop. On SL 10.6.2, it's impossible. I have to turn off it for some hours and then turn it on. Booting on Leopard to make sure the video is still working doesn't help.

It happens everytime I change my S/L/E folder and it needs to rebuild the cache... Ah, and doesn't happens on safe boot (-x), only on normal boots (with/without -f). And yes, I'm using arch=i386 and a patched dsdt to get the correct resolution.

Hi,

Code from FreeBSD:

Several drivers ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/d...es/xorg/driver/

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/d...l-2.7.1.tar.bz2

Supports a variety of Intel graphics chipsets including G/Q33,G/Q35,G41,G/Q43,G/GM/Q45

Version 2.9.1

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/driver/

Best Regards,

Ruy Benton

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also trying to compile this, but I've come across a problem I can't fix (yet). I could get all of the dependencies of xf86-video-intel installed via MacPorts (dependencies from Gentoo ebuild: http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gento...ld?view=markup), except for libdrm. The libdrm "autogen.sh" and "configure" scripts work fine, but it won't compile. Should I try to remove the libdrm requirement from the sources or is there some way I can get libdrm to compile? Google isn't helping very much on this :(.

I could get all of the dependencies of xf86-video-intel installed via MacPorts (dependencies from Gentoo ebuild: http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gento...ld?view=markup), except for libdrm.

I'm not sure if it's possible to do what you want to do. As far as I know, the driver must be modified to make it work on OSX, but I'm not sure about this.

Anyway, post here if you get some part of it working! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Barrick is a fraud and has been leading you all on under a few different guises. His work is based on information that has been previously discussed and published on this site. QE/ Hardware CI will not happen with a few simple hex edits as he has led several people to believe.

If you want, you can look up his other accounts that he has registered with this site.

hoax.jpg

Barrick is a fraud and has been leading you all on under a few different guises. His work is based on information that has been previously discussed and published on this site. QE/ Hardware CI will not happen with a few simple hex edits as he has led several people to believe.

If you want, you can look up his other accounts that he has registered with this site.

post-57675-1262835086_thumb.jpg

Oh {censored}. ;)

:(

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...