• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

dekz

dekz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
how do i go about disabling any throttling on my system? (10.6.1) desktop, system in sig-

I have tried to delete most of the "power" kext`s, nothing seems to work... cant get it off the system and have it boot at stock speeds.

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,902 posts
If you have AppleIntelCPU...kext running then delete it (save it at some other place).

dekz

dekz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

If you have AppleIntelCPU...kext running then delete it (save it at some other place).

thats all, that should fix it? there is no other "thing" in osx that makes it throttle?

cause i have tried and it doesnt seem to work, lately my system boots into one speed and it stays there, wether its 2.7 or 2.2ghz... even if the computer is at 80pct load it stays the same...

dekz

dekz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
can somebody send me ACPICPUThrottle.kext or a link to it... i think i found a solution... thanks

V_l_a_d_i_m_i_r

V_l_a_d_i_m_i_r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hmm... I don't think it's that easy... Mentioned kext actually did the job for you?

pet1

pet1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Trax and Hax
I too am having the same issue. How can one completely disable speedstepping?

reptor6

reptor6

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
how about disable that in bios ?

Matus Kral

Matus Kral

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

thats all, that should fix it? there is no other "thing" in osx that makes it throttle?

cause i have tried and it doesnt seem to work, lately my system boots into one speed and it stays there, wether its 2.7 or 2.2ghz... even if the computer is at 80pct load it stays the same...

I don't know if it's still actual for you, but CPU will throttle down independently on the system drivers / modules.

I patched VoodooPState and PStateChanger to revert to 100% frequency, if thermal throttling occurs. If you are still interested I will post the modified PStateChanger.

br,
Matus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy