GMA950 27a2 Vaio UX,TX ( IT'S WORKING NOW )

neos

64 posts in this topic

Hey.

I got my friends maxdata laptop with 950GM 1GB RAM onboard

950 working with QE/CI and resolution change,

but when i put additional 2GB RAM Snow hanging up booting.

I put 2 different 2GB RAM's and none of them work.

Today i put there 1GB RAM and SL boot w/out problem.

SL boots with 3GB RAM (1onboard + 2 additional) only when i disable GMA950 kexts.

So i think its maybe video ram allocation problem.

Maybe there is a way to edit GMA 950 kexts to support more than 2GB ram?

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm all up and running, but the only problem I have run into is the cursor artifacts issue. In certain text boxes such as the itunes search box, when clicking it or running the cursor across it, causes a copy of the cursor to be stuck and a gray box to appear at the top left.

I was just wondering if there's a fix for this, small issue, but can be annoying at times.

thanks for the guide! at least everything is working except for the small issue.

10.6.3 on a Dell E1505

• 2 weeks later...
At first it didn't work, so i thought why not copy all the 10.5.8 appleintelgma* and appleintelintergratedframblabla (this is

a old kext 1.4.18) to snow leopard.

Copied all into S/L/E chown , chmod and clear kextcache repair disk and reboot.

It didn't work and only came out black screen with horizantal lines but can see the mouse clearly.

So i boot into safe mode replace back the original kext EXCEPT leaving the old appleintelintegratedframebuffer (1.4.18)

chown, chmod and clear kextcache repair disk and reboot.

But this time i reboot in verbose mode and SL detected the GMA950.

Front row works now.

deksop1.jpg

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.zip

10.6.2 stock kext

AppleIntelGMA950.kext.zip

AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin.zip

AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle.zip

AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle.zip

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext.zip

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext.zip

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin.zip

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle.zip

Hi NeOS,

I would liek to install SNow Leopard 10.6.3 on my Sony Vaio VGN-TX .. can you please guide me trough the process thanks...

Hi NeOS,

I would liek to install SNow Leopard 10.6.3 on my Sony Vaio VGN-TX .. can you please guide me trough the process thanks...

I installed snow leopard 10.6.3 on my VGN-TX3XP but when i replace your integrated kext file my monitor works fine with all whistles and acceleration but my laptop screen has garbaged lines.. WHat can i do to repair this issue ?

Thanks

At first it didn't work, so i thought why not copy all the 10.5.8 appleintelgma* and appleintelintergratedframblabla (this is

a old kext 1.4.18) to snow leopard.

Copied all into S/L/E chown , chmod and clear kextcache repair disk and reboot.

It didn't work and only came out black screen with horizantal lines but can see the mouse clearly.

So i boot into safe mode replace back the original kext EXCEPT leaving the old appleintelintegratedframebuffer (1.4.18)

chown, chmod and clear kextcache repair disk and reboot.

But this time i reboot in verbose mode and SL detected the GMA950.

Front row works now.

deksop1.jpg

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.zip

10.6.2 stock kext

AppleIntelGMA950.kext.zip

AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin.zip

AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle.zip

AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle.zip

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext.zip

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext.zip

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin.zip

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle.zip

Just want to Thank you sooooooo much. Finally My IBM X60 is working by your guaid. Thanks agian.

Just want to Thank you sooooooo much. Finally My IBM X60 is working by your guaid. Thanks agian.

Hi Guys solved the problem related to garbaged screen on LCD -This is caused because of Refresh rate set too high not because of a non working driver... Install SwitchRes4 before setting up the integrated kext. After that load the system with the old integrated kext and connect to a monitor. Set up the resolution for the lcd with 60Hz by right clicking on the monitor and selecting mirror mode.. After that install DisplayConfigX and set ur prefered resolution with 60Hz on the LCD.

P.S you can still use SwitchRes4 but i couldnt set-up the 1366x748 resolution with it thats why i installed DisplayConfigX.

• 6 months later...

Hehe sorry for the English is not very good.

Hello everyone.

Thank you very much for your help Neo, after trying many solutions for Intel 27A2 on notebook and Snow Leopard, infinite kexts! example GMA_0x27AE8086_Snow_Leopard_Fix finally with the files that you provide I installed SL on a Gateway notebook model CX2735m and everything works perfectly (change the intel Wi-Fi for a Broadcom), I tried with no luck Iatkos S3 Intel GMA950 27a2 kext.

My solution was:

Manually delete the files in System/Library/Extensions

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

AppleIntelGMA950.kext

AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle

Then copy your kexts to S/L/E

Use Disk Utility to repair permissions. IMPORTANT: Kext Utility and OSX86Tools did not work to install the kexts and repair permissions I did so manually in a desperate attempt and it worked! thank you very much Neo.

I did it with an external monitor 1024x768 (notebook LCD show only apple boot logo) in normal boot no safe mode reboot and everything works!!

Thanks Neo! finally leave the old 10.5.8 ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to say I used these kexts, and they worked, but QE/CI was not. I got them working by using the standard 10.6.6 kexts, and I think from this thread, the Buffer.kext. I also added

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>GraphicsEnabler=Yes</string>

to my com.apple.Boot.plist file. And bam, works. I've uploaded them here.

Archive.zip

• 7 months later...

Another bump.

Working for me mit QE (27A2)

Stock GMA450 kext with old Framebuffer 1.4.20, but strange mouse cursor behavior sometimes.

Trying to bring up the framebuffer to stock with DSDT, 98% completet - See my other post!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

This has just got qe/ci working on my dell inspiron! awesome thanks so much.

got it working after id messed with most appleintelgma kexts,

ended up installing an osx update and changing JUST old appleintelintegratedframebuffer.kext, as stated in your guide.

ran kext utility and disk utility, works like a charm!

Running an onld Dell Inspiron 9400.