GMA950 27a2 Vaio UX,TX ( IT'S WORKING NOW )

neos

64 posts in this topic

@ Yashka

You can't load all the kext from iDeneb and put it into SL.

Try copy only GMA950 and Appleintelintegratedframebuffer from ideneb and install one by one.

Also try to delete the GMA3100 kexts.

See how it goes, i will try look for another solution for you.

I used GMA950.pkg from DriverPack 3.0 in iDeneb. I got default resolution in any other cases for native GMA950 and Appleintelintegratedframebuffer in 10.5.x

GMA950.pkg.zip

I've checked your GMA950pkg and i found there's only 2 kext inside

Natit and AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext ( 1.5.28 )

Just load this kext into SL without Natit.

Are you sure you are running on 32bit?

under com.apple.boot.plist there's a setting something like arch=386 i think.

( 1.5.28)

This would be the right one , i've changed something inside (try it )

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.zip modified for SL

I've checked your GMA950pkg and i found there's only 2 kext inside

Natit and AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext ( 1.5.28 )

Just load this kext into SL without Natit.

Yes, Its works fine on Leo.

Are you sure you are running on 32bit?

under com.apple.boot.plist there's a setting something like arch=386 i think.

Yes, I'm sure

( 1.5.28)

This would be the right one , i've changed something inside (try it )

I broken my video total... work only external monitor now. I will try restore original 10.6 kext from DVD and continue experiments........ finished.

I got my love picture :)

post-526840-1259771321_thumb.jpg

The image above is being loaded with original kext?

And is that connected to external monitor or the laptop display?

This is laptop display with all versions of AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer, exept 1.4.18

IThis would be the right one , i've changed something inside (try it )

Neos, is this the original 10.6.2 .kext with modifications? What exactly did you modify?

I have my graphics working, but am experiencing serious mouse lags, so I'm looking for a .kext not causing the mouse lags while still offering full graphics.

Neos, is this the original 10.6.2 .kext with modifications? What exactly did you modify?

I have my graphics working, but am experiencing serious mouse lags, so I'm looking for a .kext not causing the mouse lags while still offering full graphics.

Nope this is a previous kext from iDeneb Leopard 1.5.28, i don't think this will work on SL as @Yashka has tried it and broke the install.

I'd only modified the version's inside so it detects and registers with other kext.

Maybe you can try.

This is totally frustrating!

I have 27a2 in NB and can´t get anything to work *grrr*

Running SL (10.6.2) all stock kexts both 32 and 64 bit lead me to a blue Desktop without mousecursor. Natit doesn´t change anything in either case.

Replacing the framebuffer all (!!!) framebuffers i found here within this forum, ALWAYS brings me to the desktop, but the machine freezes as soon as Desktop is fully loaded :P

So, i agree, it CAN be done, but i miss the point HOW to practically do it ... any hints???

Cheers

Goron

This is totally frustrating!

I have 27a2 in NB and can´t get anything to work *grrr*

Running SL (10.6.2) all stock kexts both 32 and 64 bit lead me to a blue Desktop without mousecursor. Natit doesn´t change anything in either case.

Replacing the framebuffer all (!!!) framebuffers i found here within this forum, ALWAYS brings me to the desktop, but the machine freezes as soon as Desktop is fully loaded -_-

So, i agree, it CAN be done, but i miss the point HOW to practically do it ... any hints???

Cheers

Goron

What notebook are you using?

Does your graphic works under leopard or tiger?

If using native kext and only gives you blue desktop, have you tried patched kext or running efi?

What notebook are you using?

Does your graphic works under leopard or tiger?

If using native kext and only gives you blue desktop, have you tried patched kext or running efi?

I have never tried. The ONLY Tiger i could get to install was Jas 10.4.8. Leopard would install almost every distro, but starting up took more than one hour :)

Did a retail install of Snow from within Leopard and it just works (besides sleep, of which i don´t really care and the GMA).

I could try to extract the original retail framebuffer again, but wherefrom do i get a "working" string for mobile 950?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

thank you very much for the links and the solution. With snow leopard and the following chipset:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:27a2] (rev 03)

My problem was that I would get a screen on an attached display (connected over vga out) but the internal display of my notebook (Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook C 1410 / SN: YK5T008767) would become blank. It didn't display anything, just a white screen. Right now, with the older kext file (AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer) I will get a screen on the internal display if I boot with the notebook lid open and I will get the screen on the external monitor if I boot while the notebook lid is closed. However there are some strange issues if the notebook display is open but an external monitor still connected over vga. Windows may be displayed on the external display while the rest of the desktop is rendered on the internal display. Hence, it may be a good idea to completely detach the external vga cable from your notebook if you intend to use the internal display. Again, thanks a lot for sharing that piece of information and for providing the links.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much neos!

I've a Compaq Presario C552US with a 27a2 GMA950 and it totally works!

I downloaded Hazard's 10.6.2 distro then PPF'ed it with Hazard's DVD update. I installed it and it came with its own custom GMA950 kexts (not optional, can't uncheck it). The resolution was suboptimal and no QE/CI so I pulled out my old iPC 10.5.6 and got the GMA 950 kext there. I got the correct resolution (1280x800) but still no QE/CI.

Then I used the stock 10.6.2 kexts from this post then replaced the Hazard 1.60 AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext with the 1.4.18 one from this post (found on the second page. 1.4.20 doesn't work for me.). I fixed the permissions of both the Extensions folder and the entire disk with your terminal commands. Restarted with -v and it works!

Just changed the color profile to Adobe RGB (a bit purplish on default) and enabled Quartz Extreme with OSx86 Tools.

I'm tired to fight it and ask to help:

have 10.6.2 on vaio-ux. Had no luck with video (more advanced effect I've managed to get is totally screwed screen) until I found this topic.

now I have light gray screen after boot. I beleive the system is on, because when I click Power lever and then press "Enter" - computer shuts down in 15 seconds (acts like it should). I have no external monitor to see weather it works and I can't even boot in -x mode for some reason.

I use 8 kexts from first post + AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from this post

Also, as off topic, I'd like to ask Neos to share the method to install 10.6 on vaio-ux. I use Snowleopard enabler from MSI, but I believe there a lot of unnecessary kexts are loads.

Thank You in advance

• 2 weeks later...
At first it didn't work, so i thought why not copy all the 10.5.8 appleintelgma* and appleintelintergratedframblabla (this is

a old kext 1.4.18) to snow leopard.

Copied all into S/L/E chown , chmod and clear kextcache repair disk and reboot.

It didn't work and only came out black screen with horizantal lines but can see the mouse clearly.

So i boot into safe mode replace back the original kext EXCEPT leaving the old appleintelintegratedframebuffer (1.4.18)

chown, chmod and clear kextcache repair disk and reboot.

But this time i reboot in verbose mode and SL detected the GMA950.

Thanks for this, neos, I struggled with this for days before finding your post.

• 4 weeks later...
So i boot into safe mode replace back the original kext EXCEPT leaving the old appleintelintegratedframebuffer (1.4.18)

chown, chmod and clear kextcache repair disk and reboot.

But this time i reboot in verbose mode and SL detected the GMA950.

Front row works now.

I confirm this also works for Toshiba A100 laptops.

Thanks a lot for this :(

Worked for me just having the Retail Snow GMA kext and adding your old: AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext (1.4.18)

I before was only getting display through VGA with Full Q'E... now finally on my Laptop's Display =D

Acer Aspire 3680 - 100%

Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 (1.67Ghz/1.66Ghz)

Intel 950 GMA - Retail Snow GMA kexts + AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext (1.4.18)

2gb Ram

120gb 7200rpm (Retail Snow 10.6.2 - Empire EFI v10.8.5) / 320gb 7200rpm (Windows 7 Ultimate x64)

AR5005G works 100% (pci168c,1a inside AirPortAtheros.kext) <- IO80211Family.kext

Marvel Yukon 88E8038 works 100% (435211ab inside Yukon2.kext) <- IONetworkingFamily.kext + IOPCMCIAFamily.kext (Chunan's 10.5.6)

Bluetooth works 100% Retail Snow kexts

Onboard Keyboard & Mouse with PS2 patch

Onboard Audio with AppleHDA.kext (from old iAtkos v7 install)

All original no modded hardwares... Now finally works @ 100% thanks to neos

• 1 month later...

Anybody having sleep/wakeup issue? By using this solution, screen stick at blue screen after wake up.

Install of use 1.4.18 AppleIntelIntegatedFrameBuffer with stock of rest, I'm using 1.6.6 of all (AppleIntelIntegatedFrameBuffer, AppleIntelGMA950xxx). CI fine, sleep/wakeup fine. Only issue is I cannot use Aperture 3.x.

I get multi colored vertical lines (sometimes they move to a nearly complete white screen after a while) with every AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer... (10.6.2 stock and this one frome this thread)

I have a VAIO VGN-TX5XN here and a fresh SNWL-10.6.2 vanilla install on it...

it looks like you can see on the (bad) picture i attached...

post-17426-1272017164_thumb.jpg

I get multi colored vertical lines (sometimes they move to a nearly complete white screen after a while) with every AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer... (10.6.2 stock and this one frome this thread)

I have a VAIO VGN-TX5XN here and a fresh SNWL-10.6.2 vanilla install on it...

it looks like you can see on the (bad) picture i attached...

post-17426-1272017164_thumb.jpg

Try rebooting into safe mode and repair disk in disk utility, connect your vaio to a external monitor.

You just need the old appleintelintegratedframebuffer. (1.4.18)

Try this.

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.zip

• Like 1