Dual ATI HD4850 Cards on Leopard 10.5.8

crazyJAT

1 post in this topic

The purpose of this post is to find solutions to some issues I have been facing running my Dual ATI 4850 cards with Leopard 10.5.8.

My Setup:

I started by installing a retail copy of Leopard, 10.5.1, updated to 10.5.8 Combo Update, then I installed Chameleon 2.0 rc3. I am also using a generated dsdt file. As of now, I have all 4 of my displays working on both cards with full QE/CI, resolution change and rotation.

Modified Kexts:

• ACPIPS2Nub.kext - for PS2 keyboard
  • AHCIPortInjector.kext - Version that comes with the Chameleon 2.0 RC2 Installer
  • AppleHDA.kext - Patched for ALC889a
  • ATY_Init.kext - Injector for HD4850 from http://netkas.org/?p=116
  • AppleSMBIOS.kext - Modified Version 1.4.1
  • HDAEnabler - audio injector
  • IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext - Version that comes with the Chameleon 2.0 RC2 Installer
  • JMicronATA.kext - Modified with 2GB ram fix
  • OpenHaltRestart.kext - To fix shutdown/restart
  • UUID.kext - Holds my install UUID
  • fakesmc.kext - Version 2 from http://netkas.org/?p=215

Problems:

1. Waking from sleep results in distortion on all displays.
  2. System wont fully boot up if my Samsung monitors are both plugged into the primary graphics card, any other combination works fine. With both Samsungs on the primary card, I get 4 blue screens. Works fine if both Samsungs are on the secondary card. (odd)
  3. If there are no displays plugged in to seconday video card, I get blue screens, even if I put 2 dvi->vga adapters on the secondary card.
  4. With all 4 displays connected, the Samsungs to my secondary card, the Hanns-G displays on the primary, if I turn off one of the Hanns-G monitors, the other goes black as if it were disconnected. The Samsungs remain working. I am able to turn one Samsung monitor off and have the other stay on.

Help Me Help Others:

If you have the knowledge to help solve my issues, I will modify this post with the solution to the problems. If others are having issues with a similar setup, ask your questions here. I will add them to my post, and hopefully, solutions as well.

Thank you to the community.