Help needed for installing Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard 10A432 Universal v3.5

tbukdahl

84 posts in this topic

Okay, I want to thank both of you guys for helping me out testing and installing and testing, getting the OS X to work.

I'll try out to go Snow (hopefully Vanilla) as soon as I can find the time, however, me and the mrs. decided to give it another go last night, so, it'll probably be a couple of days, before I'm able to try it.

But, as usual, I'll post back here, as soon as I've gotten it to work, or crashed to BIOS :)

Good Luck

Okay, a small update on my progress:

It isn't Snow, but I just tried, for the fun of it, to run full system update last night, thinking I'd probably not be able to boot the OS X installation afterwards, and I was right, however, if I boot with the -v -f flags, I'm able to boot the OS X installation, so, it seems that the iDeneb 1.4 can run do some updating.

I now have the option to do further updates, and I'll probably test tonight, to see how far I can takes these updates, before kernel panic, but, it looks like this distro is pretty solid, in this matter.

However, I haven't tried to boot the regular way, without any flags, after the initial boot crash last night, so, I don't know if I'll be able to, afterwards.

But, just wanted to give an update on the current situation.

Will post back as soon as I've cleaned out my USB external HDD and tried to install Snow on it :)

Okay, a small update on my progress:

It isn't Snow, but I just tried, for the fun of it, to run full system update last night, thinking I'd probably not be able to boot the OS X installation afterwards, and I was right, however, if I boot with the -v -f flags, I'm able to boot the OS X installation, so, it seems that the iDeneb 1.4 can run do some updating.

I now have the option to do further updates, and I'll probably test tonight, to see how far I can takes these updates, before kernel panic, but, it looks like this distro is pretty solid, in this matter.

However, I haven't tried to boot the regular way, without any flags, after the initial boot crash last night, so, I don't know if I'll be able to, afterwards.

But, just wanted to give an update on the current situation.

Will post back as soon as I've cleaned out my USB external HDD and tried to install Snow on it :)

Okay, after running next batch of updates, the install. gets VERY slow in booting, and finally halts at a kernel panic, so if anyone uses this distro, one update is okay - but no further than that - been testing thrice with same result.

Now, I'll test to go Vanilla Snow, as mentioned above, in this thread, on my external USB HDD.

Will post back as soon as I'm done testing.

Okay, restored the DVD to a partition called Install on my external USB HDD, partition2 on the drive, and installed without installing printer drivers, and no languages, to Snow partition (partition1), ran my hack, and pointed it to the Snow partition.

Got this error when trying to boot the Snow:

Launchtd:please convert the following to launcd: /etc/mach_init.d/dashboardadvisoryd.plist

it booted a little further then got this

systemshutdown false

booted again

then this: AppleSMBusPCI::start failed to get ACPI path for provider

booted 2 lines more, and then hung at this

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService (resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

What does this mean?

When I tried to boot iDeneb, it had apparantly overwritten my Darwin bootloader, so had to erase and install again :-(

Okay, restored the DVD to a partition called Install on my external USB HDD, partition2 on the drive, and installed without installing printer drivers, and no languages, to Snow partition (partition1), ran my hack, and pointed it to the Snow partition.

Got this error when trying to boot the Snow:

Launchtd:please convert the following to launcd: /etc/mach_init.d/dashboardadvisoryd.plist

it booted a little further then got this

systemshutdown false

booted again

then this: AppleSMBusPCI::start failed to get ACPI path for provider

booted 2 lines more, and then hung at this

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService (resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

What does this mean?

When I tried to boot iDeneb, it had apparantly overwritten my Darwin bootloader, so had to erase and install again :-(

Hmm... think it might be my ATI HD 2600 XT PCIE that's causing this, at least according to this thread - according to Holypauly:

"....Works like a charm for me (P5QL pro, patched BIOS) in 64bit mode (including kernel with latest chameleon rc3 and efi 10.5). For those who having the line:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(IntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

It's not about AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext or dsmos.kext, but because of your videocard. Evoenabler.kext (it's somewhere around) is your savior. Just put it in /Exta/Extensions/ with other kexts after installation."

Can you confirm this ?

Hmm... think it might be my ATI HD 2600 XT PCIE that's causing this, at least according to this thread - according to Holypauly:

"....Works like a charm for me (P5QL pro, patched BIOS) in 64bit mode (including kernel with latest chameleon rc3 and efi 10.5). For those who having the line:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(IntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

It's not about AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext or dsmos.kext, but because of your videocard. Evoenabler.kext (it's somewhere around) is your savior. Just put it in /Exta/Extensions/ with other kexts after installation."

Can you confirm this ?

i had acpi_smc error, i ussed kext helper to repair permissions y /extra/Extensions/ and remake extensions.mkext ... and it solve it... but im stuck with:

please convert the folllowing to launchd: /etc/mach_init.d/dashboardadvidsoryd.plis

Hmm...... it seems the Darwin bootloader boots, I press F8, and choose -v, and then it crashes back to restarting my machine... hmm... BIOS, perhaps!?! :P

It is a tipical reboot loop.

you need SSE3 cpu to be able to install Snow Universal v.3.5 or 3.6.

please check you cpu .

Lunux: I have a SSE3 enabled CPU; Core2Duo E8200, so that shouldn't be the problem.

But, I've gotten the Leopard (10.5.6) to run fantastic on my machine, but, now I'm fiddling with the Snow Leopard install. by installing inside Leopard, by restoring the install DVD to partition 2 on my external USB HDD, and then running OSInstall.mpkg from that partition, installing to partition 1 on my external USB HDD. Installation runs fine, when deselcting the printer kexts, as well as additional languages, however, I get kernel panic, like stated above, from:

Can't seem to figure out, why this kernel panic keeps happening. Any suggestions, anyone?

i had acpi_smc error, i ussed kext helper to repair permissions y /extra/Extensions/ and remake extensions.mkext ... and it solve it... but im stuck with:

please convert the folllowing to launchd: /etc/mach_init.d/dashboardadvidsoryd.plis

How do you repair the permissions, you say?

• 1 month later...
i had the same problem with hazzard realease

cpu power management time out

kernel panic

i switch to snow osx 3.6 universal 10.6.2

that realease includes the fix for cpu power management

no more kernel panic

load snow leopard 100%

Hmm... sounds like an idea to get the Snow to work... but, I'm thinking about retail.

I want to go that way, instead, so, I can run Apple Update forever, so, are researching how to go about, installing chameleon and EFI on the efi partition, allowing OS X to run retail kexts (even thou it would be the patched ones, from the EFI, that really are being loaded)

But thank you for the reply - and if you by any chance have a good guideline in how to go about this retail install. don't be a stranger :rolleyes: