Help needed for installing Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard 10A432 Universal v3.5

tbukdahl

84 posts in this topic

please try the following boot flag

-v debug=0x00000102 io=0x00200004

and repost the error message here

did you already try cpus=1 ?

Yup, the idlehalt=0 cpus=1 -v made it past the appledecrypt starting, and stopped in the

com.apple.driver.ACPI_SM_PlatformPlugin has immediate dependencies in both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style

Hm... this is getting pretty tough, since I only have one pc, and my iPhone, so have to take a screen picture every time :D

Yup, the idlehalt=0 cpus=1 -v made it past the appledecrypt starting, and stopped in the

com.apple.driver.ACPI_SM_PlatformPlugin has immediate dependencies in both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style

Hm... this is getting pretty tough, since I only have one pc, and my iPhone, so have to take a screen picture every time :D

the above message is just a warning not the error itself

did you already try -v debug=0x00000102 io=0x00200004, if yes what does it say?

What's the state of your installation anyway? Are you booting from DVD and trying to start setup? Or did you already finish the installation and try to boot from HDD? What have you already acomplished/prepared?

the above message is just a warning not the error itself

did you already try -v debug=0x00000102 io=0x00200004, if yes what does it say?

What's the state of your installation anyway? Are you booting from DVD and trying to start setup? Or did you already finish the installation and try to boot from HDD? What have you already acomplished/prepared?

I'm getting this, when trying to boot the installation.

Didn't try the debug command yet, but are going to in a couple of minutes, and see what it says.

I didn't get the iPC distro to boot at all, (the Darwin kept restarting my machine), so got this distro instead: Snow Leopard (10A432) Universal v 3.5

and this is the one causing the error.

I'm searching a bit at the moment on google, and it seems this error is caused by nearly every distro, in some form.

Could it be BIOS related?

here it's said, that if I disable ACPI in BIOS I might be able to get along further - but might still halt.

Will try that, and then if nothing happens, I'll debug, and post. will be done with this in a VERY short matter of minutes ;-)

did you already patch the BIOS? i think its mandatory on P5Q, that might be the key

do you already know this tutorial?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=137296

here you can download a modified BIOS, just backup your old BIOS in case sth goes wrong

good night and good luck!

Yup, got 2 different BIOS down, but, I'm not able to "downgrade" date-wise my BIOS ???

Any solution to this? :D

did you already patch the BIOS? i think its mandatory on P5Q, that might be the key

do you already know this tutorial?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=137296

here you can download a modified BIOS, just backup your old BIOS in case sth goes wrong

good night and good luck!

Hmm... actually, I upgraded my BIOS 6 months ago, so, I downloaded 2 different BIOS versions that are both patched, however, the Asus eazyflash won't let me flash the BIOS to an earlier version of BIOS !?! :P

which eazyflash do you use the one inside the BIOS or the one by pressing ALT+F2 from the bootscreen? i also had weird issues with easyflash inside of the BIOS but the other one worked well.

the ALT+F2 one

Will the one inside BIOS work, instead?

Also the one in BIOS gives the same error: bootblock in file not valid

the ALT+F2 one

Will the one inside BIOS work, instead?

Also the one in BIOS gives the same error: bootblock in file not valid

Okay, so, I'm running Asus vanilla BIOS - it won't let me downgrade to the patched one.

Think I'll call it a night since it's 3 in the morning here in Denmark, but will go on tomorrow when I've got some sleep. Think it's the BIOS that needs patching. Will test and post back :D

Hi guys , i'm new to this forum and new to Mac so I'm having problems installing Mac OS :rolleyes: . Sorry if i'm posting wrong section but i don't know where to post and i'm afraid to post a new topic so I think I'll post here , because the topic name's the name of my OSx86 file :whistle: .

I'm using Windows 7 and I followed this guide : http://www.taranfx.com/blog/install-mac-os...in-9-easy-steps and I burned the file Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard 432 Universal v3.5 . But until step 3 , i got some errors , it kept telling me to restart so i turned into -v mode and it said :

Backtrace , Format-Frame return address 14 potential args on stack .

0x285e78c8 : 0x12b0fa

0x285e7918 : 0x2d90e6

0x285e7d68 : 0x1dde2c

0x285e7ea8 : 0x4d36a9

0x285e7fa8 : 0137db6

0x285e7fc8 : 0x19ebdc

Backtrace terminated_invalid frame pointer 0....

Well , i used CPUZ and it said my system is :

Intel Core 2 Dou E6550

Chipset : Intel P35/G33/G31

MMX , SSE , SSE2 , SSE3 , SSSE3 , EM64T

Graphic Card : Geforce 8500 GT ?

Okay, so, I flashed my BIOS from Asus driver disc and then flashed to patched 1002 BIOS rev. and successfully skipped the prior error. It still states this one but goes on in booting, and now I get the famous waiting for root device! So I'm going to search some more, but if any guys know the answer to this riddle I'd greatly appreciate it :-D

Okay, so, I flashed my BIOS from Asus driver disc and then flashed to patched 1002 BIOS rev. and successfully skipped the prior error. It still states this one but goes on in booting, and now I get the famous waiting for root device! So I'm going to search some more, but if any guys know the answer to this riddle I'd greatly appreciate it :-D

Okay, tried followings switches:

-v

-v -x

-v -x idlehalt=0 (should there be an - in front of idlehalt=0 or doesn't that matter?)

But get the waiting for root device error, still !?! :rolleyes:

Hmm... NOW it's getting REALLY fun to mingle with :D

Okay, tried followings switches:

-v

-v -x

-v -x idlehalt=0 (should there be an - in front of idlehalt=0 or doesn't that matter?)

But get the waiting for root device error, still !?! :rolleyes:

Hmm... NOW it's getting REALLY fun to mingle with :P

Hmm... just noticed, that both my HDD's and DVD drive are identified on the CMOS boot-up screen as

SATA1 - IDE harddisk

SATA2 - IDE harddisk

PATA Phillips

Could this be the reason for the root device error? That it's IDE drives, when I need SATA ?

Hmm... just noticed, that both my HDD's and DVD drive are identified on the CMOS boot-up screen as<br />SATA1 - IDE harddisk<br />SATA2 - IDE harddisk<br />PATA Phillips<br /><br />Could this be the reason for the root device error? That it's IDE drives, when I need SATA ?<br /><br /><br />
<br />

You should setup your BIOS after flashing it. I guess your SATA mode is IDE, it should be AHCI.

in the last BIOS screen "load optima defaults" and then check everything for OS X conformace, the BIOS settings are described in the tutorial ive linked some posts above

<br />

You should setup your BIOS after flashing it. I guess your SATA mode is IDE, it should be AHCI.

in the last BIOS screen "load optima defaults" and then check everything for OS X conformace, the BIOS settings are described in the tutorial ive linked some posts above

Hmm... yeah, it's in IDE-->Compatible (tried others on the last switch, as well)

Will go ACHI, and check out the BIOS screens again ;-)

Hmm... yeah, it's in IDE-->Compatible (tried others on the last switch, as well)

Will go ACHI, and check out the BIOS screens again ;-)

Hmm... seems I'm either blind, or there's no ref. to the BIOS settings, besides "remember to go ACHI"?

Installing :-)

Couldn't get the iPC distro running so switched to another one since the bootloader kept restarting right after plugging in switches. The one I'm using now is called something like Mac OS X 10.5.6 Universal

Installing :-)

Couldn't get the iPC distro running so switched to another one since the bootloader kept restarting right after plugging in switches. The one I'm using now is called something like Mac OS X 10.5.6 Universal

It's called Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard 10A432 Universal v3.5

well, you mentioned that you only have a PATa(IDE) DVD drive which is not supported by the retail installation out of the box. i also doubt that your universal OSX 10.5.6 DVD has the right ATA-Controler driver for P5Q-SE included, that'd be a reason why darwin cant access the root drive.<br /><br />at this stage you will need either a SATA DVD drive or another non DVD based distribution like iPortable.

edit: your installation DVD sounds much like the retail 10.6 DVD

i think -f and -x are exclusive but i'm not sure

but sure, you can try

if it skips kernel panic with -x and iPC also not finding root drive it's pretty sure your IDE DVD drive which is not accessible beyond that point

just borrouw your neighbour's SATA drive i'd recommend ;P

i'd really would try to borrow one. coz once you've done with your installation you can just install drivers for your current drive. there also are tutorials on how to image the installation DVD to a hdd partition(then you need a flash drive to boot from but didn't try that myself) in that case you would also skip the SATA DVD requirement

any sata drive should do, but it'd be a waste of money

just know there was such a thing but unfortunately i didnt bookmark those guides. i'll post here if i stumble upon one again

Think I'll give the iDeneb 1.4 a go - even thou not the latest OS X.

According to the ASUS section - locate P5Q SE it should be possible for me to install and run it :thumbsup_anim: So will try that as soon as I've "aquired" this :whistle:

P5Q SE Intel P45 + ICH10

• Install Method: iDeneb 1.4 (OS X 10.5.6)
  • BIOS Version: 0803 patched (unpatched 0502 was not working)
  • Realtek ALC1200 Audio: 2-channel output works, input and rear channels not tested (Used p45audio.zip from here)
  • Atheros L1E LAN: the Atheros ethernet kext is located here
  • ICH10 SATA: works (tested with HD)
  • Marvell 88SE6102 PATA: works (tested with DVD drive)
  • USB: works (tested with mouse and keyboard)

Chameleon from iDeneb 1.4 + Default kernel from iDeneb Shutdown ? / Restart ? / Sleep ?. Core 2 Duo CPU, both cores working

As always - if something good happens - you'll be the first to know.. if something bad (read: NOT working) happens - well... read this thread :hysterical: