Ati

cliveren131

59 posts in this topic

Following your suggestions, I have no KP but screen stays black forever and ever... I tried with every port in every way (to VGA with/without DVI/VGA adapter and with a second monitor to it, to DVI/VGA adapter with/without second monitor to VGA, and even with/without HDMI attached).

Any other suggestion. Thanks in advance!

Please try this procedure:

plug monitor in D-Sub only // no adapters direct link card to monitor

when your machine boots up an shows black screen, then plug in hdmi. the hdmi should be connected to your monitor or any other device, but has to be connected both sides

Strange, but thats how I got my card working in QE the first time. After this it worked without hdmi.

If you have the GraphicsEnabler and pci in boot.plist, you must not type this settings on Chameleon boot too.

try on, as you do not get KP at Radeon2000 your on the right way. I suggest it is only a question of what port, adapter.

C how strange my card behaved. got the first picture when plugging in hdmi after bootup.

@dino7777

I'm in trouble because I have no monitor or other device with HDMI or DVI input connector, so I can't follow your suggestion...

I have black screen but I can't work it out...

Hello calabuig,

I guess my experience with getting the card active was special or better said maybe my suggestion to plug in HDMI was not correct.

In fact, exactly the above discribed way led me to a working card.

from my professional experience I have to say, that a bug that is not reproductive is not a bug.

I corrected my suggestion one or two posts later, as I mentioned, that the card works over only dsub just fine.

You may try to boot up with different -pci settings (GraphicsEnabler=yes must be set).

I assume you use a adequate bootloader, pciefi 10.6 or chameleon rc4 (if you have chameleon 2 installed, you just have to change to /boot file in your filesystem.

But my guess is that your setting is right, as no KPs.

Try some adapters. You sure can lend some from friends. Or buy some (if the adaters do not work you have the consumers right to give them back within 10 days without mentioning any reasons )

I even after checking all settings and using various combinations for adapters does not fix the issue, please post a more detailed report of your system.

@dino7777

Should I try to connect the monitor directly to D-sub VGA or with adapters?

P.S.

Do you speak italian?

no, not Italian

you should try. yes try the dsub port first. if that does not work, attach the monitor with an adapter to dvi or hdmi.

also try to use "useless" adapter, i.e. adapters that are just plugged into a card output port, but not conneted to a monitor.

If you dont have any success that post a detailed posting of your system (card id, card ports, vga or lcd monitor and what kexts you use, ... all that could be relevant in any way)

• 2 months later...

I'M SO CONFUSED. I just got a MSI ATI R4670 1GB Video Card. And I cant make it work.... I can't find drivers. When I try to install the card I never get any display just black screens in stand by.

I'm running a Quad Core Mac PRO with OSX 10.6.3 Can anyone help me please. Its been a long week.

• 4 months later...