63 replies to this topic

Common Sense

Common Sense

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
@Stickpin

In voodoomonitor under p-states I can see 3 states with the following multiplers: 6,7,8. Does that mean I should remove p-states for multiplers 6.5 and 7.5 in the dsdt?

Posted Image

@All

Is idle sleep (auto sleep) working for you? I know the CD/DVD drive can be changed to fix this problem. Anyone experience this? Any solution for it yet?

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

This exactly what im trying to fix by removing Hot Plug flag from it. :)

Wouldn't it be better to preserve the native hot plug capability of the chipset to be able to mount and unmount external eSATA drives, and instead just fix the cosmetic orange icon issue in DSDT instead of additional kext?

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,165 posts

Wouldn't it be better to preserve the native hot plug capability of the chipset to be able to mount and unmount external eSATA drives, and instead just fix the cosmetic orange icon issue in DSDT instead of additional kext?

After doing some reading, I now understand that hot plug is a native feature of ICH10. As we are making our machines as close as possible to a real Mac, I have to ask if real Mac's allow hot plugging of SATA drives? If so, then yes, it would be better to preserve the feature.

stickpin

stickpin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

After doing some reading, I now understand that hot plug is a native feature of ICH10. As we are making our machines as close as possible to a real Mac, I have to ask if real Mac's allow hot plugging of SATA drives? If so, then yes, it would be better to preserve the feature.

You can check MacPro3,1 and MacPro4,1 IOReg... youll see that all sata drives got HotPlug turned off... as i said before, it should be per sata port config. :D

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,165 posts

You can check MacPro3,1 and MacPro4,1 IOReg... youll see that all sata drives got HotPlug turned off... as i said before, it should be per sata port config. :D

Thanks for the confirmation. I will stick with using the OrangeIcon fix as d00d suggests but I am interested in the process of enabling/disabling the Hot Plug option through DSDT to see what difference it makes, even if I don't make it a permanent change :)

xboxdude

xboxdude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
My MacPro style dsdt.dsl for a GA-EP45-DS3 with Q9550 CPU.

Vanilla speedstep, sleep, restart, shutdown, firewire etc working. Gfx/Ethernet use the Chameleon GraphicsEnabler and EthernetBuiltIn options in com.apple.Boot.plist. Based on work by StickPin and Master Chief.

Attached File  dsdt_for_GA_EP45_DS3_v1.0.dsl.zip   11.72KB   200 downloads

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

your code should look like this based on the above VoodooMonitor Info:

Package (0x06) { 2997, 0x10, 0x10, 0x092A, Zero }, 
					 Package (0x06) { 2664, 0x10, 0x10, 0x0829, One }, 
					 Package (0x06) { 2331, 0x10, 0x10, 0x0727, 0x02 }, 
					 Package (0x06) { 1998, 0x10, 0x10, 0x0625, 0x03 }

You shouldn't be using voodoomonitor to find p-state FID VID values as it will round the VID values.

You should use the fixed voodoopstates v4 and pstatechanger.

See Here

D.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,165 posts
Hi stickpin. I don't know if this is any good but I have been working through the acpispec and come across this.

5.5.2.4.2 PCI Device BAR Target Protocols
The last part of the section reads.
Thus, a PCI function can be used as a platform controller for some task (hot-plug PCI, and so on) that the ACPI BIOS performs.

snackole

snackole

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
This should really be moved to somewhere people might actually see it.

Hazara

Hazara

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

You shouldn't be using voodoomonitor to find p-state FID VID values as it will round the VID values.

You should use the fixed voodoopstates v4 and pstatechanger.

See Here

D.

OK! I did it your way but no changes! Still everything monitors same values (CPUi, Vodoomonitor, ....)
What should the differens be?

kdawg

kdawg

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 508 posts
Anyone looking to do research on the "Orange Icon" SATA problem you can start by looking here.

I did another few tweak to HDEF posted yesterday by THE KiNG, ill post updates DSDT later today.

@Stickpin
Do you get any sound assertion errors at boot with this method?
Also, does auto-sleep work for you?

amf5

amf5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
I tried using this but I'm not getting any audio, which was working just fine with my old DSDT. Could someone take a look at this and tell me what's going on?

Attached Files

thiagomorales

thiagomorales

Think different...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
stickpin, thank you for your work..
I want to report that i´m using your DSDT based on MC's research, with some usual changes from me(IDE,GFX,etc)..
Well, for me all works 100%, but Shutdown work only one(1) times..

I´ve tried using OSXRestart, when i tried Shutdown in first time, its turnoff power well, but when i made someothers tests with shutdown, fans and leds still running..
Another thing is: my audio codec is ALC888 too, but using your LegacyHDA i haven´t sound. I´m using new 'tHe kInG' HDEF methods, present in yout DSDTv1.1 with my LegacyHDA..

Regards.

stickpin

stickpin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

stickpin, thank you for your work..
I want to report that i´m using your DSDT based on MC's research, with some usual changes from me(IDE,GFX,etc)..
Well, for me all works 100%, but Shutdown work only one(1) times..

I´ve tried using OSXRestart, when i tried Shutdown in first time, its turnoff power well, but when i made someothers tests with shutdown, fans and leds still running..
Another thing is: my audio codec is ALC888 too, but using your LegacyHDA i haven´t sound. I´m using new 'tHe kInG' HDEF methods, present in yout DSDTv1.1 with my LegacyHDA..

Regards.

Yes you are right about shutdown, i removed it from "already working" list. About your audio problem check my legacy kext in the first post, maybe ill will give you a direction, be sure that you are using 888 as LayoutID in DSDT for my kext.

p.s. Im too busy with the "real life", ill work on this DSDT this weekend. Sorry if it take a time until my responds.

thiagomorales

thiagomorales

Think different...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Yes you are right about shutdown, i removed it from "already working" list. About your audio problem check my legacy kext in the first post, maybe ill will give you a direction, be sure that you are using 888 as LayoutID in DSDT for my kext.

p.s. Im too busy with the "real life", ill work on this DSDT this weekend. Sorry if it take a time until my responds.

Well, when i said about audio problem, its occours when i use your LegacyHDA(posted on 1st post, with 'mixed' AHCI + legacyHDA)..When i used mine(from tmongkol thread, updated for removind 'Sound assertions' errors) sounds fully works... (Both LegacyHDA(mine and yours) i´ve tested using the revised 'HDEF Device' from 'the kIng', using LayoutID 888)
I will compare your LegacyHDA entries with mine, and will post results.

Regards.

Paaloball

Paaloball

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Stickpin, I have almost the same config as you: EP45-UD3LR, Q9550 (overclocked to 4,03 GHz), 8GB RAM, etc.
With your DSDT, both my PCI slots are working!
How the heck did you make that happen? With my own custom DSDT (made with ACPI Patcher and TextEdit) first PCI slot is not usable - only the second one works...

Is there any way I could implement your PCI routines into my DSDT?
:censored2:

RepomanUK

RepomanUK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Quality work here stickpin - thanks.

I removed the GFX section, as I like to use PC_EFI for dynamic injection of the GFX strings - and altered the processor stepping specification to match my E8400 Core2 Duo and it works almost perfectly. I have sleep shutdown, and restart (with OSXRestart.kext)... so I'm wondering why restart was removed from your list of working features?

Once again - thanks for the research!

thiagomorales

thiagomorales

Think different...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

I removed the GFX section, as I like to use PC_EFI for dynamic injection of the GFX strings - and altered the processor stepping specification to match my E8400 Core2 Duo and it works almost perfectly. I have sleep shutdown, and restart (with OSXRestart.kext)... so I'm wondering why restart was removed from your list of working features?

Can you shutdown with only OSXRestart.kext? Restart works flawless.
Of course, with OpenHaltRestart or EVOReboot we can shutdown normally. Try to get rid of these kexts and leave only OSXRestart. Try shutdown some times.

Regards.

RepomanUK

RepomanUK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Interesting - I've done some testing and have had some interesting results. I am using the kexts mentioned in the first post:

fakesmc.kext
OSXRestart.kext
GigabyteEP45-UD3LR.kext

Booted from the EFI partition using the usual combo of Cham2RC3 and PC EFI 10.5.

90% of the time, shutdown works just fine and the computer powers down completely. The only time I encountered any trouble was when I booted into 10.6.2 and then immediately tried to shut the machine down. On two occasions this resulted in partial shutdown, with fans still spinning etc - but for the most part it seems to work quite well for me...

mac_nobbi

mac_nobbi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi RepomanUK,

I have the same Board and CPU as you have. Everything seems to work fine. But my processor stepping does not seem to work, can you post your dstd.dsl ?

Thanks and thanks stickpin for your awesome work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy