OSXRestart.kext

Master Chief

173 posts in this topic

Working great on a Gigabyte EP35-DS3P motherboard with 10.6.2. It was working before with EVoReboot but I figured i'd give it a try anyway and it works as intended. Hopefully it's got some advantages or gives me cleaner logs.

I retract that statement... its not shutting down. power stays on. EvoReboot shuts down and reboots so i've gone back to EVo

• 2 weeks later...
thx for your hard working, MC. But the version 1.5c is only for source, I don't have a xcode, could you supply a kext version, please. ;)

Done. See post #1

I am still on leopard and don't have the time to upgrade yet, but thank you so much for the contribution! people like you are what makes the community well and alive :)

Thank you!

p.s. Compiling a version for OS X 10.5 shouldn't be too hard... for someone having access to it that is (not me).

Hi all,

i installed snow retail and updated to 10.6.2 on this hardware:

cpu intel 6300 @ 1,8ghz (conroe 65nm)

Mother: Asus P5LD2-SE (ich7)

vga : 8400gs 256mb

It's all right but shutdown . Openhaltrestrt don't work, i tryed even evo reboot but i'm in the same situation. Restart it's ok but shutdown not. How can i solve this problem? Maybe ACPI 1.0 in bios is better than 2.00? Thanks advance!

Hi all,

i installed snow retail and updated to 10.6.2 on this hardware:

cpu intel 6300 @ 1,8ghz (conroe 65nm)

Mother: Asus P5LD2-SE (ich7)

vga : 8400gs 256mb

It's all right but shutdown . Openhaltrestrt don't work, i tryed even evo reboot but i'm in the same situation. Restart it's ok but shutdown not. How can i solve this problem? Maybe ACPI 1.0 in bios is better than 2.00? Thanks advance!

Please read "Limitations" in post #1 and follow the links from there.

Please read "Limitations" in post #1 and follow the links from there.

Thank you for your answer Master Chief...i have followed yet those path but...unfortunately i'm not so expert in editing DSDT..i'm reading again whole topic...and...maybe i will post there again !!! ;)

Hey Master Chief, thanks for your work! I dont know if this would sound weird, but your osxrestart.kext works perfectly with my Hp 550 in leopard 10.5.7... Just wanted to let folks know that are still on 10.5

Thanks

• 1 month later...

thanks masterchief! this kext restarts way faster than EvOReboot or OpenHaltRestart.

It also works 100% of the time. (Previously my machine would sometimes halt at the drive scanning bios screen)

Since i cannot use AsereBLNs bootloader (i need PCEFI 10.6 graphicsenabler) this is perfect for me, as i already have

a custom dsdt that fixes shutdown.

your hard work is much appreciated

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello guys, shall I assume that this project is more or less "frozen"? No developments etc.? Does it work OK with 10.6.5?

I just upgraded to 10.6.5 yesterday and OSXrestart.kext works for me. Shutdown always worked for me and so did sleep with the DSDT(not my own) file I got from a Dell E6400 topic. Only restart did not work.

Now it is working for me by putting the kext file in E/E.

• 11 months later...