PLEASE HELP

dailohk

22 posts in this topic

Dear all,

Please help, I'm desperate. I've tried everywhere and I just can't seem to get it right.

I've got a Gigabyte ga-p43-es3g motherboard and I just can't seem to get the sound to work for the onboard alc888.

I've already installed 10.5.6 and everything else works fine.

Here is what I've tried.

2 separate installs with ALC888 and ALC 888 (old) kexts. (Both install correctly but cannot detect audio)

1 install with Azalia kext. Unable to mount hd therefore unable to boot up.

I've used OSx86 Utils. It can't detect my audio card. No use.

I've installed the pciutils package. Still no use. (However I'm not sure how to use it as all i've done is the install and nothing else)

I'm now stumped.

Please help... I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Dailohk

Dear all,

Please help, I'm desperate. I've tried everywhere and I just can't seem to get it right.

I've got a Gigabyte ga-p43-es3g motherboard and I just can't seem to get the sound to work for the onboard alc888.

I've already installed 10.5.6 and everything else works fine.

Here is what I've tried.

2 separate installs with ALC888 and ALC 888 (old) kexts. (Both install correctly but cannot detect audio)

1 install with Azalia kext. Unable to mount hd therefore unable to boot up.

I've used OSx86 Utils. It can't detect my audio card. No use.

I've installed the pciutils package. Still no use. (However I'm not sure how to use it as all i've done is the install and nothing else)

what sort of install do you have, EFI? if so try put Azalia kex in extra/extensions and rebuild the mkkext

I'm now stumped.

Please help... I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Dailohk

what sort of install do you have, EFI? if so try put Azalia kex in extra/extensions and rebuild the mkkext

Thanks for your reply pdave54. However I don't understand what you mean by efi install. I just used the 10.5.6 final dvd to install the required kexts.

your on 10.5.6 what install did you use?

I used iPc 10.5.6, final/ppf5

Languages installed.

Nvinject 0.2.1 1024mb Vram

Intel ICH10 Sata Support

ALC888 old (This time, tried ALC888 and Azalia Audio) However when I used Azalia audio when booting up, the bootup would hang at UDMA 4 ... "finding or searching for mount". I stopped after that. Maybe I need to adjust other stuff to let the Azalia driver to work?

Ethernet Realtek R1000

PS/2 Keyboard fix

Shutdown/restart Fix

Osx86 Tools Utility.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Dave,

My extras folder is completely empty. Could that be the problem?

Thanks

I'm not sure, it seems odd. Have you got a spare partition or external drive you can do a clean install on. Try that & don't migrate anything till you get drivers working.

this may also give you some clues

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t155185.html

I'm not sure, it seems odd. Have you got a spare partition or external drive you can do a clean install on. Try that & don't migrate anything till you get drivers working.

this may also give you some clues

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t155185.html

I'm actually using a blank hard drive partitioned into 2. I erase it every time I install.

I've tried doing what the link says. Again to no success.

I'm actually using a blank hard drive partitioned into 2. I erase it every time I install.

I've tried doing what the link says. Again to no success.

You don't have to erase the entire drive, you can just erase a partition.

Do you mean that with a clean install the extra folder is empty

You don't have to erase the entire drive, you can just erase a partition.

Do you mean that with a clean install the extra folder is empty

Yep. I like you said I erase the partition only.

Yes every time I install pci, the extra folder is empty

Dellmantt,

That is not at all the issue.

I truly did appreciate all his help. I was very grateful for everything he had done and taking the effort to help me. The way I understood the last post was, the problem had him stumped. I did not understand the last part. So I posted on another forum to try my luck there.

I would appreciate it before you point fingers to talk to me first about it. e.g. via messaging (I'll probably get less help now from this last line, but I just wanted to say that what was said was not reflective of my feelings. I really am grateful for any help I can get)

Cheers,

Dailohk

Just to sound even more stupid. I've tried using spotlight to search to no success.

I then went into my library via finder and just found one plist file and one plist backup file.

Cheers,

Dai Lo

yep I was not upset, although did wonder why you started another post

Re the link, yes he got it from another post of mine, may work for you it involves finding the device ID and inserting it in the kext info.plist. I don't know why I did not remember as I had told someone about it a few days ago.

Re spotlight, I don't use it and have it disabled, download easy find & use that, will find everything. Am still stumped why your folder is empty.