• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

pateras

pateras

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I'M SORRY IF THIS GUIDE IS A LITTLE CONFUISING ,I WOULD TRY TO MAKE IT MORE SIMPLE.to go in the extra file use : Shift+Cmd+G

please post if you have done it!! subscribe your model,say if you had any problems or errors,(if you had,how you fixed it) with this we can help one an other to solve any issues

(this guide is to arrive at 10.6.2 without any surprises!! Posted Image and not for 10.6.0 or 10.6.1 because there are out there a lot of guides for those!!!)

FILES NEEDED:

UPDATE FILES 10.6.1-10.6.2 FROM OFFICIAL SITE
bootmaker 0.83 RC3 AND bootmaker 0.83 RC4 FROM http://www.meklort.com/ [0.83 RC5 and 0.83 final after you have finished all the basics,remeber that if you use these updates you will lose the boot option but dont worry look down the If you have first installed windows xp or 7 or lost the boot option after update of the netbootloader the trick is very simple guide bellow.

AND ALL FILES BELLOW

IMPORTANT!!!!: after installing SL skip the online configuration saying that you dont have internet.

guide:
1)create the SD or USB stick like it says here say thanks to LeMaurien19 (i wont transfer the guide here):
http://mymacbookmini... ... w-leopard/

2)install SL,like it says in the link above.
I THINK UNTILL THIS STEP ITS ALL CLEAR!

3)install the bootmaker 0.83 RC3(because there is a version 0.83 RC4,we will use this version after the installation of 10.6.1 update).

4)after installing SL and the bootmaker 0.83 RC3 do this:

a)INSTALL ABOUT MAC,
b)replace GeneralExtensions file in : /extra ,with the one provided below (TIP: before replacing the General extensions file in: /extra ,save a copy of the file because you will need it
after installing 10.6.2)in the general extensions file provided bellow i have added :voodooHDA.kext(moded to have mute),
VoodooPS2Controller.kext,voodooSDHC,VoodooTSCSync,VoodooPower.kext,VoodooBattery
.kext etc.so no need to add anything
c)delete appleHDA from : /Extra/GeneralExtensions/,
d)install IOPCMCIAFamily.pkg (provided below)
e)install VoodooPS2Controller-0.98-installer and remove VoodooPS2Controller.kext from : hd/system/library/extensions

5)use the ruber shoe in: /extra and then reboot

6)install now 10.6.1 (that you have already downloaded from official site).

7)reboot
7a)now create the DSDT file with DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e (provided bellow)
reboot
after reboot replace DSDT.aml with the one provided bellow,it enables sleep!

8)now use the netbookinstaller 0.83 RC4 (DO NOT REBOOT)(ONLY TICK THE FIRSTONE,NOTHING ELSE like for 0.83 RC3)

9)INSTALL 10.6.2 (that you have downloaded from official site)
DO NOT REBOOT YET INSTALL netbookinstaller again 0.83 RC4 (ONLY TICK THE FIRST ONE NOTHING ELSE)

10)now REBOOT

11)replace AGAIN KEXT with the the ones saved before (general extensions file in /extra,run the ruber shoe and reboot again)

the only thing not working is the internal microfone

update: after you have finished alla above gradually update the NetbookInstaller in RC 5 and final version.ATTENTION!! if you have dual boot you will lose the capability to enter in windows,use my guide above to correct it.After this ,replace in /extra/generalextensions the sleepenabler.kext with the one provided here http://www.meklort.com/ (10.6.3 sleepenabler). you have to do all this to be ready for the 10.6.3 update.

To correct hard drive icons incorrectly displayed as external drive icons:

Open up Terminal

sudo -s
<password> enter

mv /System/Library/Extensions/IOStorageFamily.kext/Contents/Resources/External.icns
/System/Library/Extensions/IOStorageFamily.kext/Contents/Resources/External.icns.back

cp /System/Library/Extensions/IOStorageFamily.kext/Contents/Resources/Internal.icns
/System/Library/Extensions/IOStorageFamily.kext/Contents/Resources/External.icns

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IOStorageFamily.kext
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IOStorageFamily.kext

reboot

If you have first installed windows xp or 7 or lost the boot option after update of the netbootloader the trick is very simple:

have installed win 7
install SL or LEOPARD or if you have allready but it doesent boot
boot with the win 7 cd or usb key(the method that you used to install win7)
let it load,after the language selection go to repair.
at the new window open comand prompt
wright:

DISKPART (enter)
select disk 0 (enter)
select partition 3 (enter)
active (enter)
reboot

after restart,start again with cd,it will now tell you to repair and restart,
if not choose it your self
now you can enter in windows after reboot.

in windows now:
open comand prompt (start accessories) and wright:

DISKPART
select disk 0
select partition 1
active
now when you restart you will see chameleon.

DVD Player FIX

download 0xed or Coda from:
http://www.suavetech.../0xed/0xed.html
http://www.panic.com/coda/

go to /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A.
Copy to your Desktop the file --> DVDPlayback <-- and make a backup copy somewhere else in case something goes wrong.With the Hex editor downloaded search and replace the word "Internal" with "External" 4 times (allways without quotes).Save the files and put them in the place of the original.Now the DVD Player will function with an external drive.

UPDATE IN 10.6.3
updated in 10.6.3 on compaq mini 700 everything works!!
steps to do :
1)install NetbookInstaller 0.8.4 RC1
2)move to trash sleepenabler.kext(gives kp,if you have this http://www.meklort.com/?p=167 leeve it) and voodoopowermini.kext(gives kp) , install lidenabler.kext or sleepenabler.kext from here http://www.meklort.com/?p=167
3)backup AppleHDA.kext from extensions (version 10.6.2) and your general extensions from /extra
4)update in 10.6.3
5)After update (at the restart if it stucks with the grey skin and the NBI icon just shutdown system with button) start with -x
reinstall NBI, readd your kexts in general extensions
replace AppleHDA.kext in extensions with the one from step 3,for the graphics you have to replace in
s/l/e and /e folder the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext and AppleIntelGMA950.kext that you used in 10.6.2
repair extensions (disk utility) and then run the rubber shoe
or
before restart
reinstall NBI, readd your kexts in general extensions
replace AppleHDA.kext in extensions with the one from step 3 for the graphics you have to replace in
s/l/e and /e folder the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext and AppleIntelGMA950.kext that you used in 10.6.2
repair extensions (disk utility) and then run the rubber shoe

8)restart with -v -f
9)restart AGAIN normaly
everything works except sleep,with fn+f1 it goes to deep sleep but never wakes.....

update :
fixed forced sleep , i have installed this http://www.meklort.com/?p=167 and deleted lidsleep.kext (i tried them together its ok, it only gives kp if you start with -f)

update :
its ok to use the 10.6.3 v1.1 update!!!

update :
OK!!! finally a fix for sleep!!!
1)install sleepenabler.kext or/and lidsleep.kext from here : http://www.meklort.com/
in extra/general extensions or /extensions
2)download AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext that i have attached bellow in extra/general extensions
replacing them one existing
3)run the rubber shoe
4)restart( at the start up the first time it will give an error,force shutdown and then boot it up again)
5) THE GAME IS DONE!!!(try fn+moon or wait it to go to sleep......it boots again!

update :
FINALLY THE TIME REMAINING OF THE BATTERY WORKS!!!
to do this delete only the appleacpibatterymanager.kext from the general extensions file,then run the rubber shoe,reboot and thats it!!!
for better compatibility install these kexts in extensions file and not extra:
voodooHDA,voodooPoweracpi,voodoosdhc,voodootscsync,sleepenabler(from meklort),osxrestart,voodoobattery,using kext helper

update to 10.6.4:
For those without kp and not updated to 10.6.4:
1.in 10.6.3 install this http://www.meklort.com/?p=262
2.reboot
3.install 10.6.4
4.reboot
5.ENJOY

For those like me that have kp!!read this:

I have updated.....i had the kp with my compaq mini 700!!i tried everything and all the combination off kexts to boot(this i did from my win7installation)! At last i fixed it.if you update to 10.6.4 from 10.6.3 with software update be careful, because to me it gave the combo update and not the delta,don t now why!!

Ok,for the fix: first eliminate sleepenabler.kext and backup the extra/ kexts because the update eliminates the extra/ file.update now.if you get kernel panic DONT PANIC :) use your sd card image of snowy and at the start of the mini press f9 and boot from the sd card ,at the screen, choose your mac image and not the osxdvd image,you will now boot in your previusly installed mac,install your backuped kexts run now the fix from meklort http://www.meklort.com/?p=262 and install only the first two, reboot,remove the sd and boot normally you will now get in to your installed mac and all runs perfectly.the only thing that i noticed is that the fix eliminates some kexts from the extensions file and some frome the extra file,i dont now why but it does,the important thing is that everything works wiyhout any issue!!!! P.s. I can tell that my little mini is faster!!!! Wooooow

update : Snow Leopard Graphics Update
confurmed that it works perfect,just go on software update and install!!its safe.

update : Security Update 2010-005
safe to update

update : Security Update 2010-006
safe to update

update :10.6.5

to update in 10.6.5: it is safer to go from 10.6.4 and with combo update that you have downloaded on your mac

1.open terminal and write sudo then minimize(you do this to prevent autoreboot)

2.install this version of NBI http://www.meklort.com/?p=262 only ticking the first one that has tweaks and chameleon,do not reboot

3.install combo 10.6.5 that you have downloaded,dont reboot

4.install again NBI like before,dont reboot

5.open /extra and replace the general extensions folder (thats empty) with the one posted here deleting sleep and lid,dont reboot

6.IMPORTANT PART,now take the rubber shoe (to get it,right clik->open packeges->navigate untill find it) that is in the NBI that you have downloaded before and replace the one in extra folder ,after you have replaced general extensions and rubber shoe,run the rubber shoe when its finished close everuthing and reboot

7.welcome to 10.6.5 with everything working!!!!

i hope that i helped you,AND THIS TIME ITS MORE EASIER!

UPDATE: its safe to install security update for wifi,10.1.1 of itunes and printer

update :10.6.6

to update to the new 10.6.6 use the same guide for 10.6.5 above

update :10.6.7

to update to the new 10.6.7 use the same guide for 10.6.5 above

I THINK THAT THE IMPORTANT PART OF AAAALLLL IS TO SAY
A BIIIIG THANK YOU TO LeMaurien19 - Meklort & TO ALL OFF THOSE THAT HAVE CREATED ALL OFF THIS FILES
AND GUIDES.IM NOT THE AUTHOR OF ANYTHING OF THIS FILES
I JUST FOUND THEM TESTED WITH A LOT OF TRIES AND THOUSENDS OF FORMAT
TO FIND THE RIGHT COMBINATION.SO PLEASE THANK THOSE GUYS FOR THERE HARD WORK AND SUPPORT THEM!!!!!

Attached Files

sproctor

sproctor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I dont know if this is the right place to post but I am new to this forum.

I have a Compaq mini 700 (which is essentially an HP mini 1000). I have just installed Snow Leopard on it without any issues, working sound and ethernet and everything else.

My only issue is that I do not have working WiFi. It scans and detects most of the networks but not all of them. If I look in System Profiler it displays all networks, but it doesnt display them in the normal wifi menu so I cant connect to the network I need.

Upon looking I have a kext for the broadcom 4312 wireless card which will apparently work, but I can install it and uninstall it without affecting the wireless card, so I can only presume there is another kext currently assigned to the wireless card.

How do I find the kext it is currently using and remove it?

Anyone successfully got wifi working?

Zman21295

Zman21295

MY NAME IS ZACK!!! HEHE

• Donators
  • 143 posts

I dont know if this is the right place to post but I am new to this forum.......
.........Anyone successfully got wifi (bcm43xx) working?

Yes i do have my Broadcom 4324a working using this:
http://www.insanelym...showtopic=51725

You must install using Kext Helper b7 or you might get a KP.

Hope this helps

LeMaurien19

LeMaurien19

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 339 posts

DVD Player FIX

download 0xed or Coda from:
http://www.suavetech.../0xed/0xed.html
http://www.panic.com/coda/

go to /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A.
Copy to your Desktop the file --> DVDPlayback <-- and make a backup copy somewhere else in case something goes wrong.With the Hex editor downloaded search and replace the word "Internal" with "External" 4 times (allways without quotes).Save the files and put them in the place of the original.Now the DVD Player will function with an external drive.

There's even a better way.
Remember that like netbooks, there's a real Mac that doesn't have an external DVD drive - and that's the MacBook Air.

So the solution is make Mac OS X recognize your Mini as a MacBook Air and DVDPlayer will work just like it does on a real MBA.
You can even use it to watch DVDPlayer compatible video files you've saved locally in your hard drive without plugging an external optical/DVD drive., mind you :)

You can turn your HP/Compaq Mini's into a MacBook Air by using an appropriately configured smbios.plist like this one THIS SHOULD BE PUT IN /Extra along with the com.apple.Boot.plist:

Attached Files

Onixs

Onixs

Since 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

There's even a better way.
Remember that like netbooks, there's a real Mac that doesn't have an external DVD drive - and that's the MacBook Air.

So the solution is make Mac OS X recognize your Mini as a MacBook Air and DVDPlayer will work just like it does on a real MBA.
You can even use it to watch DVDPlayer compatible video files you've saved locally in your hard drive without plugging an external optical/DVD drive., mind you :)

You can turn your HP/Compaq Mini's into a MacBook Air by using an appropriately configured smbios.plist like this one THIS SHOULD BE PUT IN /Extra along with the com.apple.Boot.plist:

You tried it yourself? I cant test coz i don't have netbook. Im just interested since i was able to install some netbooks on my friends with a patched Bin.

pateras

pateras

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
GUIDE UPDATED!!!!battery fix

nice work LeMaurien19 for the dvd player,it works but only after touching the com.apple.Boot.plist,right?
i think it's better to have a macbook pro smbios,and for noobies i think its easier to just change a word.... :P :)

LeMaurien19

LeMaurien19

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 339 posts
Yes. Otherwise I wouldn't post it here.
Plus the smbios.plist came from my Mini 1000. It's what I use in the meantime while my mini 311 is on a sabbatical.

You tried it yourself? I cant test coz i don't have netbook. Im just interested since i was able to install some netbooks on my friends with a patched Bin.

@pateras
Easier changing a word? Like changing an entry in DVDPlayback using a hex editor?
Oh boy, reality distortion? What's easier? Shoving the smbios.plist inside Extra or hacking hexes?
If you're using NetbookInstaller, just shove that smbios.plist inside /Extra folder. Reboot. Done deal.

pateras

pateras

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
ok!tried it!
i changed the word from external to internal,then i installed the plist in /extra,runed the rubber shoe(dont now if needed)and rebooted.works perfect! now i have a compaq-macbook air! :rolleyes:

LeMaurien19

LeMaurien19

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 339 posts
With the smbios.plist, you do not need to hack the DVDPlayback framework.

pateras

pateras

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
update!!!
OK to install BIOS UPDATE F16 from HP. No issues to MacOS.
in win7 put compatibility for winxp sp3 and run as administrator!

arsad

arsad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
did you update your bios to f.16 after or before installing 10.6.3 ??
because as far as I know, installing 10.6 won't work on f.16
tq

pateras

pateras

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
after, i have dual boot 10.6.3 + win 7 ,no problem with anything,i was afraid maybe something could go wrong but i tried it . for the compaq mini i have never heard that the bios update would block the macos installation,this was for mini 311 if i dont mistake....

pateras

pateras

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Guide updated for 10.6.4

GaeBom91

GaeBom91

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
hi, my compaq mini 700 at start hasn't the bios image of compaq/hp. the netbook starts in sleep. what I can do to resolve my problem? the display remains black, led red and keyboard not responds..help me please

pateras

pateras

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
what version of BIOS do you have?
try booting from the SD card,if everything is installed fine you will see : osdvd (sdcard),macosx (your new installed),NTFS (windows ,if dual boot).
you can try booting in macosx if you get in run the new app from meklort, if you cant, reboot - always with sdcard-
,start osdvd .dont install again,go to utilities and run NBI and then reboot.
try these and tell me

GaeBom91

GaeBom91

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
I can't boot because my pc don't have the bios image at start..I think that the bios version is the F15 but I don't remember well..the led remains red and not becames blue

pateras

pateras

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
it is inpossible that you dont have bios!!!!!have tried to login pressing the f10 button before the netbook boots up?did you take off battery and plug for 5min?have you tried to boot from your sdcard?are you sure that it is not your screen that its broken?
otherwise it will be nicer to make a clean start.if you have things that you dont want to loose from your mac partition or win(if you have dual boot)grab a linux distro and start from the usb

GaeBom91

GaeBom91

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Normally when I starts the netbook The right led of bluetooth/wifi became blue and there Are the sounds of the peripherics and the display turn on with the compaq logo, but now when I starts the netbook the right led remains red , there are no sounds of peripherics and the display is black without compaq logo..
Yes, I turn on the netbook without battery but nothing.
The netbook starts in sleep :P

pateras

pateras

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
guide updated :blowup: :( :yoji:

Squirrel61

Squirrel61

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Normally when I starts the netbook The right led of bluetooth/wifi became blue and there Are the sounds of the peripherics and the display turn on with the compaq logo, but now when I starts the netbook the right led remains red , there are no sounds of peripherics and the display is black without compaq logo..
Yes, I turn on the netbook without battery but nothing.
The netbook starts in sleep :hysterical:

Maybe a bit late, but that's because I acquired my Compaq Mini 735ED only recently so no sooner than today I found this thread.

I've been suffering from the same problem many times. It has something to do with the hacked/custom kexts for power management. With LeMaurien's guides from her own site, I almost always get the black boot syndrome.

The only way out as far as I've found out, is to disconnect the CMOS battery. Sadly, you have to open up your netbook for this. Because it happened so often to me, I've developed a quick method for this. Just remove the two rubber plugs (not the laptop's feet but the smaller ones) at the bottom front side and remove the two screws underneath. Also remove the battery (you should start with that actually). Then carefully pry open the case of your Mini along the front edge and carefully and slightly bend open the case. Don't bend it too far, this may crack your case or damage the trackpad. You now should be able to locate the white battery connector. With a small tweezer you should be able to pull the battery connector and reconnect it after some seconds (at least 10).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy