SLOW BUT FIXED:::::Sapphire HD3850 AGP (device ID:9505)

hamsterdan

1 post in this topic

Ok, I'm kinda stumped here... I managed to get it working in safe mode (both motiors are recognized at their native resolution). Had to install the driver via my Netbook since I could't get to the desktop at all.

iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6).

As soon as I try to reboot in *normal* mode, na, nyet, nada, zilch... But it works in Safe Mode.

Tried "cpus=1", tried 'legacy, tried -f and -F, prayed to the gods and who knows what.

I've searched the forums, and no one was able to get that card working (well only one but his method didn't work) (agpgart 2.7.1 and ATI_NEW)

The device ID shows in info.plist in the .kext, *EVERYTHING* seems to be fine. Yet, it doesn't work.

I'm gonna try an old nVidia 6600 (non-GT), but I would like to keep the Radeon for two reasons.

1- Windows Gaming

2- it has 2 DVI ports.

The computer is an Athlon X2 4200+, 3.5GB RAM on a nForce3 250GB board (MSI K8N Neo-2 Platinum)

As I said, everything works in safe mode. To be honnest, I'm about to throw the PC by the window.

Any ideas? does that card work at all on an AMD machine? (funny since AMD and ATI are the same company :)

Thanks in advance

[uPDATE]

Works now, on dual-DVI. I just ran Xbench 1.3, and it seems really slow, in fact, barely faster than my Netbook's GMA945. Memory operations seem slow too, slower than the Netbooks in fact.

But hey, at least it works now...