[HowTo] X1600/X1800 Full Support (Borisbadenov Method)

munky

710 posts in this topic

All I can say is welcome to the wonderful world of trying to make .pkgs for people,what you need is the same metod I use.A group of testers that have the hardware your trying to get supported.Then you have them all get with you on a channel on irc and test the hell out of your installer,with all types of x1600 and x1800 cards.

Each card tester should have one install of os x retail,so you need 3 testers for each card.one x1600 pro with 10.4.4,one with 10.4.5 and so on and so forth.

once all of them or as many of then as you can get to report success.Release the installer and tell people what cards on what builds are working / not working.

just something to consider,

Good Luck,

JaS

i offer myself with 10.4.6

(jas installer dvd)

and x1600xt ASUS silent version

Neo,

I would offer my services too but soemthing came up. I have to go make a trip to Florida. Once I get back I will see how I can help.

BTW... did you use the jas installer dvd? If you did, did you select the GMA900 selection? I am asking because if you did and your installer works for you then it should work for me. I have the same board you have but mine is the P4dual-915GL socket 478.

Hi, great work, but not working with toshiba tecra a7 mobile x1600 (deviceid 71C5).

After install i get blue screen and the loading bar on 10.4.6

Already installed the latest bios, this resulted in working usb ports on 10.4.6

Ok Ok Ok... :D

Thanks for the feedback! I must speak with apfelkraft because he had the same error like other people (never ending loading bar)!

So I will take down the installer and see what is the problem (with apfelkraft). Then, if the problem is solved, I will upload the finished installer (working!) :graduated:

Ah, and thanks for the tip JaS! But where can I find a group of testers?? :gathering:

Cya!

tried all methods incl. Neo's pkg.

Always get black&white vertical stripes instead of normal display.

Asus W3J (x1600mobility) 1280x768 native res.

tried 10.4.4,10.4.5 (maxxuss), 10.4.6. jas1

is there hope?

Hi! Next week I have my exams at school and I have to lern! :(

But when I finished this there will be an installer. Maybe it will be there sooner! :P

So sorry but you have to wait until next weekend :D

Now type:

cd /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000GA.bundle/Contents/
emacs Info.plist

You should be able to find two lines which look something like this:

<key>100271C2-0000-0000-0000-000a27898d3e</key>
<string>100271C2-0000-0000-0000-000a27898d3e</string>

I think you meant /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin/Contents/ not .bundle

Hi!

Uh a few time in between learning... :)

Theres a something to do for you! Please go to terminal and type following:

/usr/sbin/system_profiler | grep -A 10 "Graphics/Display" | grep Device | cut -c 20-23

And please post the output here... (with the line above)

(This part of the installer grabs your devID...)

Its like this:

Macintosh:~ NeoPheus$ /usr/sbin/system_profiler | grep -A 10 "Graphics/Display" | grep Device | cut -c 20-23
Macintosh:~ NeoPheus$

(This part of the installer grabs your devID...)

Just a suggestion. Instead of grabbing from system_profiler, you could change the matching to this in the ATIRadeonX1000.kext;

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>

<string>0x03000000&0xFFFFFF00</string>

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x71001002&0xFF00FFFF</string>

Just a suggestion. Instead of grabbing from system_profiler, you could change the matching to this in the ATIRadeonX1000.kext;

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>

<string>0x03000000&0xFFFFFF00</string>

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x71001002&0xFF00FFFF</string>

Ahm...

OK and why? How does it work?

Report:

I did a full JaS 10.4.6 install and then installed NeoPheus' pachage. I got a purple screen with DVI out, gray screen with VGA adapter. BTW, I'm using an x1800XL.

EDIT UPDATE: I tried a Myzar 10.4.5 install via VMWARE and then did the NeoPheus patch. Now I'm getting a red screen with VGA.

Any ideas?

Another thanks to NeoPheus, Boris, and munky for all their hard work! Hopefullly I can help get teh x1800XL's sorted!

Unfortunately my 10.4.4/5 Myzar iso won't burn and I've downloaded it several times. This seems to be a common problem. I don't think the VMWare install is actually any different in the long run is it?