[HowTo] X1600/X1800 Full Support (Borisbadenov Method)

munky

710 posts in this topic

dont worry he only need to add ur pkg to the dvd

Well it might need some changing like a post/preflight and also some commands to make it work from the osx installer,But the bulk os your package will remain the same neo.

Well it might need some changing like a post/preflight and also some commands to make it work from the osx installer,But the bulk os your package will remain the same neo.

Hm k!If needed I could send you the pre and post script! There's a code which recieves the devID from the system profiler!

Hm k!If needed I could send you the pre and post script! There's a code which recieves the devID from the system profiler!

We can set it up when 4.7 comes around , for now just take the time to test it and get it supporting / running every card it can ^_^

good stuff

No not at all! I'm working on a bug! for all which are hanging at the loading bar:

boot into -s mode then

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.*
rm -R /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework
mv /Users/*user name*/Documents/Backup/ATI* /System/Library/Extensions/
mv /Users/*user name*/Documents/Backup/OpenGL.framework /System/Library/Frameworks/

I wonder if dual screen is supported (DVI and VGA) using borisbadenov method? I have an ATI X300 and as far as i know there's no way to have an extended desktop. I'll buy an X1600 if someone has allready tested dual.

Thanks

Yep! The installer checked if a new version of the files is installed and if this is so, it didn't installed them! Now it works (I hope). Please give me some reports! Ahm and I added a deinstallscript (some people have to test). :)

If anything goes wrong boot into singe user mode (-s) and type following:

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
./deinstallscript

It should work.... :poster_oops:

Im in SERIOUS dude of this installer, my video card and ALL the x1600XTs need to keep 10.4.6 ATINDRV and framework and evderything else from 10.4.6 jas installer. so this installer dont work as weel for x1600xts (i mean in our situation we need JUST to follow Boris hack, not mess with kexts from 10.4.5).

Neo if you can take this in your installer it would be super, so you can choose your action based on the type of 1600 card do you have.

Cheers and good work

Okidoki! Version number added :D

In my opinion it doesn't need the 10.4.5 ATINDRV but it is better to have it!

Quote from munkey:

You may experience artefacts or other corruption. 10.4.5 seems to work best.

The other kexts (*X1000*) are from 10.4.6! And this should work (few testers)!

I still need testers, because I don't have a X1600/X1800 yet!

And yes you just need to follow the instruction, but it is easier to have a installer, isn't it? :happymac:

I just want to help the newbies! :wacko:

In my opinion it doesn't need the 10.4.5 ATINDRV but it is better to have it!

Quote from munkey:

The other kexts (*X1000*) are from 10.4.6! And this should work (few testers)!

I still need testers, because I don't have a X1600/X1800 yet!

And yes you just need to follow the instruction, but it is easier to have a installer, isn't it? ;)

I just want to help the newbies! :)

Neo, I used installer with no success, DVI gave me black screen and AGP displayed blue screen for an hour, never booted. I had to reinstall. An uninstaller in bootup mode (no GUI) would help a lot.

ECS 760GX-M

AMD Semprom 2800+

1 GB X512

seagate 80GB 7800.9

Saphire X1600 AGP 512mb

Neo, I used installer with no success, DVI gave me black screen and AGP displayed blue screen for an hour, never booted. I had to reinstall. An uninstaller in bootup mode (no GUI) would help a lot.

ECS 760GX-M

AMD Semprom 2800+

1 GB X512

seagate 80GB 7800.9

Saphire X1600 AGP 512mb

You have to use VGA! And there is an uninstaller for single user mode! You should read the ReadMe!!!

Please use the deinstaller (located at your HDD root) to remove this patch or go into single user mode (-s) and type:

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

./deinstallscript

Hi Neo!

I downloaded and installed your 1.5 installer, and i have a big bug!

I have a HIS x1600 PRO and when i install your installer on 10.4.5 the screen looks lihe doubled but in a way kind a points or lines bugging on the screen. How could i fix it?

Please help me!

Thanx!

hum this is OPENGL related bug, I guess Neo u did a mistake with ur installer cause manually it works...check ur setting Neo ;) thanx

if u need me i can check ur settings in the install script, then i suggest u to use "cp -R " for each file u wouldnt need anything else then

Im in SERIOUS dude of this installer, my video card and ALL the x1600XTs need to keep 10.4.6 ATINDRV and framework and evderything else from 10.4.6 jas installer. so this installer dont work as weel for x1600xts (i mean in our situation we need JUST to follow Boris hack, not mess with kexts from 10.4.5).

Neo if you can take this in your installer it would be super, so you can choose your action based on the type of 1600 card do you have.

Cheers and good work

Absolutley true there m8 no 10.4.5 messing around just following boris