[Solved] Help With Audio On My Samsung NP-N130

jayman16

13 posts in this topic

So I've got 10.6.2 installed and running great on my new Samsung NP-N130 netbook. The only two things that don't work currently is the audio and WiFi. I've bought a Dell Wireless 1500 so that I can get WiFi working but sound has been a huge problem so far. I downloaded the AzaliaAudio.pkg and then an audio card was detected but no sound came out either through speakers or headphone jack.

I feel like that main problem is that I can't figure out the model/version/brand of my audio card everytime I look up the specs of my computer on the web it just states that it has "HD audio"... Using Windows it says I have a 'Realtek High Definition Audio' but in OSX using OSX86Tools it states, "Intel Corp 82801G (ICH7 Family High Definition Audio Controller 808627d8 [rev 02])

Please any help in getting my audio working would be awesome, in the mean time, I'll keep digging.

OMG! Thanks for all your help! So I've installed the following:

azalia

Full Sound 10.5.7

HDAEnabler

VoodooHDA

Xcode 321

I'm not sure if not all helped but I now how FULL working sound! Speakers, and headphone jack.

I would remove appleHDA.kext and uninstall currently installed sound driver and try voodooHDA.kext. Use kexthelper to install it.

I have had success with Azalia and Audieee, make sure you have Apple Developer Tools installed for CHUD.

The success is limited to the internal speaker, I can't get the headphone socket to play audio to 'phones.

So while messing with the audio I destroyed my hackintosh, it didn't even boot. So I reinstalled OSX and I'm updated to 10.6.2.

I have done nothing to audio at this point, so now what steps should I take?

Do I need to install the Apple Developer Tools? Where can I get them?

Have you tried this:

I have had success with Azalia and Audieee, make sure you have Apple Developer Tools installed for CHUD.

The success is limited to the internal speaker, I can't get the headphone socket to play audio to 'phones.

I now have WORKING audio on internal speaker and headphones. I don't really know why but here is how:

As I wrote earlier I was using Azalia and Audieee with limited success. I then tried this (for 10.5.7) to see what happened:

http://rs579.rapidshare.com/files/24111463..._10.5.7.pkg.zip

Nothing.

I then used Kext Helper B7 2 to install the Kext Voodoo.HDA

Restart

Working audio and I don't need Audieee for switching. The N130 recognises headphone on insert and switches, same with disconnect - reverts to internal speaker.

All the best for your system. Trial and error, I guess.

Hi !

Can you tell me how you fixed ethernet ?

Rgrds

I haven't test ethernet, so I couldn't tell you if it's working or not... My bet is not.

Have you tried this:

I now have WORKING audio on internal speaker and headphones. I don't really know why but here is how:

As I wrote earlier I was using Azalia and Audieee with limited success. I then tried this (for 10.5.7) to see what happened:

http://rs579.rapidshare.com/files/24111463..._10.5.7.pkg.zip

Nothing.

I then used Kext Helper B7 2 to install the Kext Voodoo.HDA

Restart

Working audio and I don't need Audieee for switching. The N130 recognises headphone on insert and switches, same with disconnect - reverts to internal speaker.

All the best for your system. Trial and error, I guess.

Awesome, thanks so much I'll try this when I get home. BTW, what OS are you running? 10.5 or 10.6?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
OMG! Thanks for all your help! So I've installed the following:

azalia

Full Sound 10.5.7

HDAEnabler

VoodooHDA

Xcode 321

I'm not sure if not all helped but I now how FULL working sound! Speakers, and headphone jack.

I've been trying to install the audio for the N130, I can't find Xcode 321. I see the one from apple 3.2.3 and it's over 2gb would that work?