need vanilla 10.6.2 applehda.kext

spiritblu

7 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Just a heads up: I downloaded the above file and it seemed to be a bit different than the file I extracted w/Pacifist from the 10.6.2 update. I was unable to get my sound working correctly till I swapped them out, and then all was good, hope this helps :tomato:

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Just a heads up: I downloaded the above file and it seemed to be a bit different than the file I extracted w/Pacifist from the 10.6.2 update. I was unable to get my sound working correctly till I swapped them out, and then all was good, hope this helps :D

What bluedogmike said. I downloaded it and realized it was 7.4 MB versus the 6.6MB AppleHDA.kext I have sitting in my /System/Library/Extensions folder. I uploaded mine from my 10.6.1 MacBook Pro (legit) =)

Hope that helps anyone looking for it. =)

EDIT: It is version 1.7.4a1 if you needed to know before download. =)

- Dustin

AppleHDA.kext.zip

• 6 months later...

Hi So I have been reading some posts in regards to sound problems on 10.6.2. I have tried the kext, but my audio output is still not working. I modified my /etc/hosts file, does anyone know if that could be the problem?

I also tried using the Terminal utility to update the /etc/hosts file so im not sure if that's what messing up my sound.

Does anyone have any idea on what I can do to make my speaker system work again? I honestly am completely lost now, and don't know how I lost my audio.