New GA-EX58A-UDXX and GA-P55A-UDXX boards

iLore

To wait or not to wait.  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Buy a EX58 mobo now or wait for EX58A?

• Buy EX58 now!
    • Wait for EX58A!

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

It seems that Gigabyte is just about to release new revisions to their socket 1366 motherboards (GA-EX85A-UDXX) and are already shipping the revised 1156 socket mobos (GA-P55A-XXXX).

After doing some searching on the net found out that on a few Swedish and German online stores the EX58A boards are already on pre-order with a shipping date of the 23-29 of November 09. Gigabyte themselves will only say that the revised EX58 boards will b released in Jan 2010, though this maybe brought forward as would b suggested by those sites offering pre-orders.

Mainboard X58 Gigabyte™ GA-EX58A-UD7

Delivery Date Germany KW 48 23.-29. November

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Intel® X58 Chipsatz - QPI 4.8-6.4GT/s - DualBIOS

• Sockel LGA1366 für z.B. Core™i7 920, Core™i7 940 usw.

• 8 Kanal Sound Realtek ALC889A 106dB, SPDIF, Dolby® ™

• 6x Audio Jacks (7.1-Channel Out / Line-in / Mic in)

• 6 Speicherbänke DDR3 PC800/1066/OC bis 2100+

• 6x SATA2 Intel® ICH10R bis zu 3.0Gb/s oder RAID/AHCI

• 4x SATA3 Marvell 9128 Controller bis zu 6.0Gb/s

• 1x PATA JMicron Controller - PIO Mode 3/4 und UDMA133

• 1x Firewire IEEE 1394a + 2x Firewire (Bracket optional)

• 6x USB2.0 (hinten) + 4x USB2.0 (Bracket optional)

• 2x USB3.0 (hinten) mit NEC Chipsatz (USB2.0 komp.)

• 3x PCI Express x16 Slots (@Run 2mal x16 / 1mal x8)

• 1x PCIe x4, 1x PCIe x1 Slots und 2x Standard PCI Slots

• 2x Gigabit Ethernet Realtek RTL8111D LAN Controller

• Kabel: 4x SATA, 1x IDE, 1x FDD und 1x eSATA (2fach)

• Zubehör: 1x SLI 2fach und 1x SLI 3fach Brücke

• Besonderheit: Ultra Durable 3, 12+2+2 Phase VRM

- Hybrid Silent-Pipe 2

Auslieferung mit neuestem Main+Backup BIOS !

inkl. Qualitätsprüfung und OC-Verhalten !

Lieferbarkeit: im Zulauf - Termin KW48 Preis:

285.00 €

282.00 €*

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. I've been following this thread for a while and wanted to let you know that if you're waiting for the EX58A series, you're going to have to wait a few more months, unfortunately. This is what Gigabyte support told me:

Date: 10/29/2009

Answer - 820376

Answer : Dear Customer,

The release date is in January 2010.

Thank you for choosing Gigabyte products

Question - 820376

Sent : 10/11/2009 22:47

Question : Can you tell me if the new EX58A series has been cancelled or will still see a release? If it will still be released, can you tell me roughly when it may see a release date? I am very interested in buying some of your high-end, 24 phase models (EX58A-UD5 or EX58A-EXTREME) and am hoping these models aren't pushed back until next year for Gulftown's (i9) release.

This a link to the source of the above quotes http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...9257&page=9

I have been trying to glean as much information as possible about the new EX58A boards. Specifically to see if there are going to any potential problems with installing OSX on them.

On closer examination it looks like chip layout is to be similar to the previous EX85 boards. ICH10 is still the southbridge chipset, controlling 6 USB 2.0 ports, with a JMircron controller for PATA. Sound and networking shouldn't present issues as they are the same chips on the EX58 boards.

The addition of USB 3.0 via a NEC controller maybe where the problems start and what i want to know is, will the system just ignore it (if its not used or even turned on) and allow for smooth running? Perhaps this will only get answered once the boards are available, though was hoping some might have tried their luck with the new P55A mobos and could tell what happens with USB 3.0, does it cause problems?

Anyone else currently going to build an i7 mac but are waiting on the new revisions from Gigabyte??