Mercurysquad Voodoo3945 Troubleshoot

cmcd14

36 posts in this topic

So I installed the kexts using Kext Helper b7. Seemed to work alright. Now when I load Leopard it freezes at the gray load screen. Rebooting fixes the problem. Dunno why the 2nd load works but freezes at 1st. Anyway it still isn't recognizing the 3945 as Airport. The bluetooth icon shows up, (I think it always has.) But no airport. I try the sudo kextload -t and get this error: kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooIntel3945.kext has problems:

Missing dependencies:

{

"com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family" =

"A valid compatible version of this dependency cannot be found"

"org.voodoo.wireless" =

"This dependency has dependencies that cannot be resolved"

}

Solution?

I reinstalled IO80211Family.kext and I got a message which I think said it did recognize AirPort, but soon after this the computer froze and I had to restart and now it's not recognizing the hardware once again.

EDIT:

I ran sudo kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooIntel3945.kext again and now the problems are gone. Still not recognizing, though. I'll try to restart. If you want to try this yourself here's the file I downloaded: http://www.mediafire.com/?9widdksfewe

EDIT 2:

It recognizes it now, but whenever I open network preferences the computer freezes. Any help on this matter?

So I installed the kexts using Kext Helper b7. Seemed to work alright. Now when I load Leopard it freezes at the gray load screen. Rebooting fixes the problem. Dunno why the 2nd load works but freezes at 1st. Anyway it still isn't recognizing the 3945 as Airport. The bluetooth icon shows up, (I think it always has.) But no airport. I try the sudo kextload -t and get this error: kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooIntel3945.kext has problems:

Missing dependencies:

{

"com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family" =

"A valid compatible version of this dependency cannot be found"

"org.voodoo.wireless" =

"This dependency has dependencies that cannot be resolved"

}

Solution?

Can you please post the contents of /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Info.plist ?

You have an old version of this kext, and the 3945 driver depends on the newest version. It might be possible to make it work by changing the dependency version in 3945 driver once we know which version you have.

Reinstalling the IO80211 Family kext did the trick. Got it to recognize my card and am using the wifi as I type!!! Though the connection is painstakingly slow. But for first version, am excited for updates in speed as well as WEP/WPA/WPA2

OK, I've got SnowLeopard 10.6.0 on Acer Aspire 5920G

The kext failed to load with the following message:

[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size=2]Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooIntel3945.kext - (libkern/kext) dependency load failed.[/size][/font]

[font="Verdana"][size=2]
[/size][/font][font="Verdana"][size=2]Load org.voodoo.wireless.hal.Intel3945 failed; removing personalities.[/size][/font]

[font="Verdana"][size=2]

I've installed those kexts using kext utility in this order: WirelessCipher.kext, Wireless.kext, and then VoodooIntel3945.kext;

I've checked that adapter was turned on;

I'm currently using 32 bit mode;

Will be glad to get some help here, and willing to be a beta tester on Snow Leopard anyway.

This has happened to me as well, I seem to remember mercury saying that it does this on firmware error. If this is the case maybe a restart might help as it is my understanding that on boot the driver clears and reuploads the firmware. Either way you should send your logs to voodoo@mercurysquad.com following the procedure set out here: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=175707332907

Picture1.png

it doesn't shut off the airport when I try to connect it just fails. . .

EDIT:

after fussing with it for a bit I was able to connect to the wifi across the street,

I just had to keep turning the switch off and on and do likewise with the airport icon and it eventually connected with the wifi light on!

connect.png

and then mine. . .

connected.png

and the little wifi lights up when it is connected:

wifi.jpg

It will not work. These kexts are for the 3945 specifically. Though I believe 4965 is next on the list of attempting to code. After the 3945 is finished of course. With tx, WEP/WPA, still left to be coded, 4965 is months down the road.