Deleting sleep enabler kext

bassmanz

18 posts in this topic

dont want to be rude but come on....how hard is it to delete a file.... :wacko:

how did you manage to install in the first place..

If he upgraded to 10.6.2, very. He wont have access to the GUI, and will need to delete it by command line. I'm assuming he doesn't know OS X command entries, hence his question

Correctomundo.. I had installed Snow 10.6.1 but updated to 6.2. My questions was if it can be done only in terminal or should I partition it install Windows , and then look for the file to delete? I was wondering if there was any type gui app as my terminal experiences are minimal.

Thx again

if windows is already installed, you can use macdrive.

alternatively you can boot from your install media. once loaded you can open terminal. do something like

mount_hfs /dev/disk0s2 /Volumes/Snowy/

and then you can delete the file that way with the command

rm -rf /Extra/Extensions/SleepEnabler.kext

hope this helps give you an idea of what is required. if it's all too much, getting hold of macdrive would be easier for you, if you have it handy.

If he upgraded to 10.6.2, very. He wont have access to the GUI, and will need to delete it by command line. I'm assuming he doesn't know OS X command entries, hence his question

yet another case of no reading before clicking....always check the forum before upgradin...

• 1 month later...

In order to delete it you could try one of a few things, a. another mac to hook the drive up to in order to delete the file, b. windows software like macdrive if you have a dual boot system, c. boot with the -v -x -s boot flags, navigate to S/L/E and issue the command rm -R sleepenabler.kext, d. Boot from the installation disc you used to install snow leopard and open up terminal. Once again navigate to S/L/E and issue the same command as above.

• 6 months later...

I had the same problem.

I installed osx as second partition and i have windows xp as first. I type this in terminal:

mont_hfs /dev/disk1s2 /Volumes/osx/

and i get the message:

mount_hfs: Resource busy

How can i fix it?

I can't boot the system.

• 5 weeks later...
I could seem ignorant, but i have the same problem. Do i have to enter any other command after that which deletes the sleepenabler? It didn't get me any result. :)

Wow, I think I'm more confused now than ever!

• 1 year later...