Patched mach_kernel 10.6.0 for Atom-based netbooks

teateam

347 posts in this topic

This is your own fault as running without a Disabler (NullCPUPowermanagment or similiar) is what is leading into KP when doing system upgrade.

No way, I've reinstalled NullCPUPowermanagement.kext and SleepEnabler.kext for 10.6.4.

I've tried to install 10.6.4 Updare Combo without success, everytime same KP posted before.

I've also tried to boot with pmversion=0 option, but NO WAY!!!

I'm really boring, I don't know what to do... let me know other suggestion please, I don't think it's impossible to Update my D150 ^_^:( :(

No way, I've reinstalled NullCPUPowermanagement.kext and SleepEnabler.kext for 10.6.4.

I've tried to install 10.6.4 Updare Combo without success, everytime same KP posted before.

I've also tried to boot with pmversion=0 option, but NO WAY!!!

I'm really boring, I don't know what to do... let me know other suggestion please, I don't think it's impossible to Update my D150 :):D:D

I've rebooted with pmversion=0 and -v flags, tried to install 10.6.4 Update Combo, and I've taken another screenshot, it says following:

post-133011-1277923780_thumb.jpg

Any suggestion?

Please help me.

I've rebooted with pmversion=0 and -v flags, tried to install 10.6.4 Update Combo, and I've taken another screenshot, it says following:

post-133011-1277923780_thumb.jpg

Any suggestion?

Please help me.

Ok, after an infinite battle with KPs, I've updated to 10.6.4 Combo with new 10.4.0 Atom Kernel.

Simply I've removed AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext cause KP (see above screenshot) and installed VoodooBattery.kext, restarting Netbook, tried to install 10.6.4 Update Combo, and was installed fine.

Finally I have 10.6.4 SL Fully Working!!!

Thank you tea and all tried to help me.

Bye.

Morgan.

4094605037_05936b1a55.jpg

I make patch, test it please.

mach_kernel 10.2.0 (Mac OS X 10.6.2)

Download Link here.

Original russian article here.

Google translated page here.

mach_kernel 10.3.0 (Mac OS X 10.6.3)

Download Link here.

mach_kernel 10.3.0 (Mac OS X 10.6.3) Fixed 64-bit mode by Dreamwatcher

Download Link here.

Original post here.

mach_kernel 10.4.0 (Mac OS X 10.6.4)

Download Link here.

Tea, I have an Asus 1201n and currently running 10.6.4, which file should I download to get a 64bit? and is it the same procedure?

Hi teateam,

How did you make speedstep work on your N270? I have N230, but never make it work. all VoodooPower packages (VoodooPower, VoodooPowerMini, VoodooPowerAcpi) refuse to load. Evern VoodooPState cannot load so I cannot get speedstep information to modify DSDT.

Thanks

Noodle

4094605037_05936b1a55.jpg

I make patch, test it please.

mach_kernel 10.2.0 (Mac OS X 10.6.2)

Download Link here.

Google translated page here.

mach_kernel 10.3.0 (Mac OS X 10.6.3)

Download Link here.

mach_kernel 10.3.0 (Mac OS X 10.6.3) Fixed 64-bit mode by Dreamwatcher

Download Link here.

Original post here.

mach_kernel 10.4.0 (Mac OS X 10.6.4)

Download Link here.

• 3 weeks later...

hi everyone, i am having trouble updating to 10.6.3. im currently at 10.6.2. i have an nc10 tried using T's youtube video, also the update step by step instructions included in this forum. i have tried for 2 weeks solidly now. and with out any luck. please help me!!!! im not sure what you will need (if anything)

look forward to ur reply thanks.

Thanks

Sankster

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a newbie to all this and I can't figure out how to use this. I am guessing since I am getting the following results (see below) that I need to patch my install kernel but I don't really understand how to go about it.

Has anyone had any luck installing Mac OS 10.6.3 on the Asus Eee PC s101? I have a retail version of SL 10.6.3 and have attempted version 1 and 3 of the guides located http://osx.mechdrew.com/guides/. I have not had much luck. I can get the netbook CD to load and then I can switch to either a prepared USB or the actual retail Mac OS install DVD but after seeing the gray mac icon I will immediately get a kernel panic along with the Apple multilingual error telling me to restart my computer. Below I have pasted what I can read out of the kernel panic:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x2a96f6): "Version mis-match between Kernel and

CPU PM"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.3.12/osfmk/i386/pmCPU.c:720

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : return Address (4 potential args on stack)

Ox1e423bb8 : 0x21b449 (0x5ce420 0x1e423bec 0x2238a5 0x0)

....more of the similar....

Kernel Extensions is backtrac... (can't see for the Apple

multilingual area message box telling me to restart my computer)

sk.triaxis.kext.SleepEnabl.....

BSD process name corresponding to c.....

Mac OS version:

Not yet set

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernal Version 10.3.0: Fri ........

System model name: S101 (S101)

System uptime in nanoseconds: 1465269432

1. Download zip to Desktop

2. Unzip by double click

3. Open Terminal.app

4. sudo -s

5. Enter your root password

6. cd /

7. mv mach_kernel mach_kernel_1062

8. cp ~/Desktop/mach_kernel /

9. chown 0:0 mach_kernel

10. reboot

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i finally got my aspire one ZG5 working perfectly on snow leopard 10.6. Could you give me the steps needed to update to the latest 10.6.4. Do i just download the link you have provided and just install them and then do the mac software update or is the file you provided everything i need?

I've downloaded the file and clearly its just the patch drivers? so then i can update the official way yes? But how do i install the file i downloaded. Its on my desktop.

I'm getting a bit confused as to the process needed.

Thanks for your time and patience

Adam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve been trying to install SL on my Dell inspiron mini 1012 with N450 atom processor.

I’ve managed to install SL using NMB 0.8.4 RC1 but whole booting up, it gives “unable to patch 64-bit kernel….” , then the spinning wheel appears for less than a minute then “panic screen”..

Please advice me if there’s a solution to this problem.

I also tried replacing the mach_kernel with the one from this site:

http://techiestalk.com/chipset-drivers/dow...70-netbook.html

1. Download zip to Desktop

2. Unzip by double click

3. Open Terminal.app

4. sudo -s

5. Enter your root password

6. cd /

7. mv mach_kernel mach_kernel_1062

8. cp ~/Desktop/mach_kernel /

9. chown 0:0 mach_kernel

10. reboot

I ran the above commands in terminal on another mac running 10.6.2 and replaced the mach_kernel in the OSX installation pendrive. with no success…

;)

Please help…

Thnx

A dumb question inbetween:

Could i use this a Patched mach_kernel 10.3.0 with a 10.5.6 System or do i have to install SL? I have a Atom 330 Nettop and the only Kernel that uses both cores is voodoo 9.5. Unfortunally it dont support Hypertreading so i have to turn it off in BIOS.

• 3 weeks later...