Patched mach_kernel 10.6.0 for Atom-based netbooks

teateam

347 posts in this topic

There is patched script i found to patch 10.6.4 kernel for Atom 32 & 64. Seems to be working on x32, not sure for the x64.

PatchAtom.zip

I tried to patch the new kernel using this script, However when I do a diff with the output and the original kernel, I found no change at all! Did you use a netbook installer? If you are using that, then it is not the kernel patch that makes the kernel bootable.

What's the difference between voodoo and vanilla kernel?

Vanilla is the official Apple kernel like in a real Mac.

Voodoo is the modified Darwin kernel code provided as open source by Apple and modified by the Voodoo project.

Do you know if the stable patched Atom mach_kernel for SL 10.6.4 Update is released and available for download?

Thank you in advance.

Morgan.

When tea will come back from holidays -_-

md5 is the same. I'll give it a try

Works great on eeePC 901:

- downloaded your kernel

- ran the 10.6.4 Combo Update

- copied your kernel to /mach_kernel, changed ownership to 0:0

- applied 27ae-Patch for intel GMA950 Graphics

= all fine for now...

md5 is the same. I'll give it a try

Works great on eeePC 901:

- downloaded your kernel

- ran the 10.6.4 Combo Update

- copied your kernel to /mach_kernel, changed ownership to 0:0

- applied 27ae-Patch for intel GMA950 Graphics

= all fine for now...

Thank you!

Up to first post.

Hi.

Post please MD5 of mach_kernel from final 10.6.4. If MD5 = a92d849104bfd4353c8b97a6276b99f1, use patched mach_kernel from this post. If MD5 is other - please share new kernel for me on dropbox.

Thank you.

On my Aspire One D150, 10.6.3, I've done following:

- Downloaded Atom Kernel 10.6.4 and placed under / path

- Removed sleepenabler

- Trying 10.6.4 Update = KP

- Trying 10.6.4 Update Combo = KP

I don't know what happens, but Updates give me KP everytime.

Any suggestion?

Please help me.

On my Aspire One D150, 10.6.3, I've done following:

- Downloaded Atom Kernel 10.6.4 and placed under / path

- Removed sleepenabler

- Trying 10.6.4 Update = KP

- Trying 10.6.4 Update Combo = KP

I don't know what happens, but Updates give me KP everytime.

Any suggestion?

Please help me.

Either you don't have NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed or you have the older sleepenabler.kext, boot with pmVersion=0 and get this sleepenabler.kext

Either you don't have NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed or you have the older sleepenabler.kext, boot with pmVersion=0 and get this sleepenabler.kext

I've removed sleepenabler and nullcpu... repaired permissions and rebuilded cache, rebooted and tried to installing 10.6.4 Update Combo, but no way, KP everytime I try to install update.

I don't know what to do :blink:

Please help me...

Boot with -v flag and post screenshot of your KP.

I've encountered KP on installation of UPDATE before i reboot.

I've tried all Workarounds proposed in various guides, but Update 10.6.4 and Update 10.6.4 Combo with no success.

Installation start and after some minutes start process called "writing files" it appear KP screen wich indicate me to reboot.

I'm really bored about that, but I don't know what to do :rolleyes:

Need to delete other files? I've deleted Sleepenabler and NullCPU... fixed permission, rebuilding cache and rebooted, when Netbook restarted I'm started with 10.6.4 Combo Update for lot of times with no results, KP everytime. ;):(:(

I've encountered KP on installation of UPDATE before i reboot.

I've tried all Workarounds proposed in various guides, but Update 10.6.4 and Update 10.6.4 Combo with no success.

Installation start and after some minutes start process called "writing files" it appear KP screen wich indicate me to reboot.

I'm really bored about that, but I don't know what to do :)

Need to delete other files? I've deleted Sleepenabler and NullCPU... fixed permission, rebuilding cache and rebooted, when Netbook restarted I'm started with 10.6.4 Combo Update for lot of times with no results, KP everytime. :):P:(

Well a pic of the kernel panic will help us to solve your kp.

Well a pic of the kernel panic will help us to solve your kp.

Ok, here's screenshot took with my mobile phone with Installer Log window.

post-133011-1277544628_thumb.jpg

I've Snow Leopard 10.6.2 Client Server by Hazard with 10.2.0 Atom Kernel, so I've updated to 10.6.3 Update (NO combo) and 10.3.0 Atom Kernel with no issue.

Now, when update to 10.6.4 Update or 10.6.4 Update Combo, it show me KP and no way to install Update, and I don't have chance to test new 10.4.0 Atom Kernel.

Please help me!!! :(

I've deleted Sleepenabler and NullCPU... fixed permission, rebuilding cache and rebooted, when Netbook restarted I'm started with 10.6.4 Combo Update for lot of times with no results, KP everytime. :);):(
This is your own fault as running without a Disabler (NullCPUPowermanagment or similiar) is what is leading into KP when doing system upgrade.