10.6.2 killed my GA-G31M-ES2L Hackintosh!

unrealism

13 posts in this topic

So I heard that 10.6.2 was out and that the "Lifehacker" setup updated fine, so I took a chance, and of course it killed my install. It gives me a great big Kernel panic at bootup! Is there a way to rollback? A Safe Mode? What can I do? Or is it hosed completely? I am somewhat a newb to hackintoshs, I own a macbook pro and computer savy, just new to the scene. Please help! Everything worked fine before 10.6.2.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L

RAM: 4GB DDR5

CPU: Intel Quad Core 2.66Ghz

Vid: Nvidia 9800GTX+ 512MB

Verbose Mode should tell you the problem.

ok, I found it was the sleep enabler, I forgot to remove it as posted. I got the updated file. Is there a way to repair this without reloading everything? Maybe boot into setup run some terminal commands or something? I couldnt figure it out. I am somewhat new to "Mac Repair" troubleshooting.

Thanks for the reply!

What I did with my setup (same motherboard) (btw, were do you get DDR5 RAM??? :wacko: ) I just reinstalled 10.6 and updated to 6.1 took about 20 minutes. I didn't erase the drive because I had migrated about 50 gigs worth of stuff. No problems so far with 10.6.1

What I did with my setup (same motherboard) (btw, were do you get DDR5 RAM??? :) ) I just reinstalled 10.6 and updated to 6.1 took about 20 minutes. I didn't erase the drive because I had migrated about 50 gigs worth of stuff. No problems so far with 10.6.1

I am pretty sure I slapped some DDR5 in there. Maybe it was DDR4. I don't remember. haha

I reinstalled my Kext's for my audio and everything seems back to normal. Thanks everyone for saving my system!! =)

I also blindly and blithely went and updated my 10.6.1 Gigabyte hack and got a panic when I restarted. After a few hours scouring the web I read that the sleep kext is not compatible with the new update. I went into my extra folder deleted it and rebooted "-f -v arch=i386" and I'm kosher again! Just goes to show you that you should never be in tooooo much of a hurry to update.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So I heard that 10.6.2 was out and that the "Lifehacker" setup updated fine, so I took a chance, and of course it killed my install. It gives me a great big Kernel panic at bootup! Is there a way to rollback? A Safe Mode? What can I do? Or is it hosed completely? I am somewhat a newb to hackintoshs, I own a macbook pro and computer savy, just new to the scene. Please help! Everything worked fine before 10.6.2.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L

RAM: 4GB DDR5

CPU: Intel Quad Core 2.66Ghz

Vid: Nvidia 9800GTX+ 512MB

I have same MB and similar setup - I followed Lifehackers guide, but my Ethernet is not recognized.

How did you enabled yours?

Sory for of-topic question, but you have sam MB and you have followed same gude,