GEForce 6.0.6 Kernel Panic on 7xxx Nvidia Cards on 10.6.2

laatmaarzien

37 posts in this topic

I'm going to try restoring the 10.6.1 kexts for geforce... I have a 7600GT and also have the GeForce kernel panic after removing my SleepEnabler.kext .

I never did try booting into 32bit, but I'd much prefer to run 64bit if at all possible.

Anyone have ideas of what the scoop is here? Seems odd that they would REMOVE support for this card in 64 bit mode. I know I never changed anything to get my card working properly. I believe Chameleon injects something on its own, as I recall a brief message about it detecting nvidia graphics when it runs. Perhaps this is the place to look rather?

As others have also indicated, restoring 10.6.1 is a fine fix for right now, but long term it won't cut it.

I tried the 10.6.1 kexts, although now i seem to be stuck with 1024x768 and single monitor.

I can still go -x32 but it seems a lot slower.

Any updates on this? Anyone try making a new dsdt file after the 10.6.2 update and have that help? I think i'm going to give that a shot next. It seems silly that what once worked absolutely perfectly now is broken.

I am not enthused by the dirty hack but yes, 32bit does seem slower, despite assurances from many people that it is at least as fast when using a hackintosh. I could do without buying a new graphics card, having not so long ago bought an unsupported ATI 4770, albeit just for my games computer.

Hi I solved the blue screen problem. I replaced only the GeForce*.kext(s) and I left untouched the NV*.kext(s). I have QE and CI full. Obviously I have the EFI string in com.apple.boot.plist. I hope it helps.

I reported Finder freezes when I try to open iPhoto09 with the last updates and Candybar 3.03. Anyone with these problems? Is it somehow because something reports OpenCL fast positive and it actually isn't? I mention I have GeForce 7300 GT 256 M, so no OpenCL.

Well, I put back the 10.6.2 kexts as I wasn't really having any luck with the 10.6.1 ones... I've resorted to booting to -x32 as a fix for now. This seems to work ok, although after leaving home today my hackintosh appears to be offline, so I'm wondering if it encountered some other Kernel panic in the meantime :s

It's quite annoying to have a very unstable system after 10.6.1 was working sooooo smoothly!

something weird

just tried 10.6.2 update on 8400gs system (10.6.0 perfect with only graphicsenabler=y). Black screen with cursor. display would flash up OK for a split second if i press power button.

reverted to 10.6.0 Nvd..50.kext & nvdres..kext ONLY >> blue screen

back to 10.6.2 kexts... got QE/CI but no res switching (can change with boot plist). Most strange.

Need dual display so gone to 10.6.0 backup and will go 10.6.1 and leave it at that for now.

Ok so I'm running smoothly with 10.6.2 with a nVidia GeForce 7500LE..at least resolution change with no KP's.

My method to the madness was to do a clean install using Empire Efi 1.04 boot cd. Empire EFI

Install Snow Leopard reboot.

Upgrade to 10.6.2 before editing any kext.

Reboot.

Then edit the following info.plist and add the last kext from attached website.

NVDAResman.kext-IOPCIPrimaryMatch=0x01DD10de

NVDAN40HAL.kext-IOPCIPrimaryMatch=0x01DD10de

NVEnabler64.kext-IOPCIPrimaryMatch=0x01DD10de Snow Leopard Enabler

The only problem I'm having now is upon boot I get a IOProbeScore fail..

Does anyone have any ideals on how to fix this..

I also don't have any of the following as far as I can tell..QE / CI acceleration or dual monitor support.

• 3 weeks later...

still no fix for the 7xxx cards?

I've got a 7300gs and I've tried every combination of kexts, efi strings, and graphics enabler switch, the only thing I have is no acceleration with nvinject.kext

cant run any apps like imovie until it's fixed

• 7 months later...
timdafweak,

I got my card working under 64 bit mode but with out QE/CI :censored2:

to check if you have QE/CI http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=956995

Then I have come across this post

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1326975

only installing these

GeForce.kext

GeForce7xxxGLDriver.bundle

GeForce8xxxGLDriver.bundle

GeForceGA.plugin

GeForceVADriver.bundle

Now I got it working full QE/CI in 64 bit mode :wacko:

THNX

Working like a charm for me. We should make a package that installs these 10.6.1 kexts.

Thanks a plenty.

• 1 month later...