• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

leozino

leozino

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

If you are getting 11500 that should be about right. I'm at 3.87 and I'm getting just over 11000. I could not believe it.. my Windows Vista performance score (running in VMware Fusion 3.0) went from 2.9 to 4.9. Thats crazy fast for a VM!

To answer your question about using the kexts.. You should back ALL of your kexts up and then put these into /Extensions/Extra but be warned.. if for whatever reason it fails to boot, you will need to be able to boot from another osx drive (I have it installed on an old laptop drive too) so that you can get back into osx to fix the issue. You need to run Kext Utility after putting the attached kext's into the /E/E folder.

Again.. if you are getting 11500 and everything is working.. I'd follow "If it aint broke dont fix it" motto.

yeah I'm getting 10300-10500 at 3.2ghz.

what temperatures are you guys reading at 4ghz??? are you stable? have you ran memory tests?

dacheat

dacheat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

yeah I'm getting 10300-10500 at 3.2ghz.

what temperatures are you guys reading at 4ghz??? are you stable? have you ran memory tests?

I've been stable at 3.87ghz for a long time now, I'm using a huge air cooler though.

any1982

any1982

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
how to i install the kext in here i plz help thanks

i found out , just delete the extensions in the usb stick and replace with these one. ive been trying to figure out for a month now.

ps2pk

ps2pk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
I will be trying these tonight. I freaked my install trying to update to 10.6.2. Updated successfully but now I only get 6000 so something is wrong. I had actually hit 120xx in geekbench.

I'm hoping this will be my final install.

alexdbad

alexdbad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

If you are getting 11500 that should be about right. I'm at 3.87 and I'm getting just over 11000. I could not believe it.. my Windows Vista performance score (running in VMware Fusion 3.0) went from 2.9 to 4.9. Thats crazy fast for a VM!

To answer your question about using the kexts.. You should back ALL of your kexts up and then put these into /Extensions/Extra but be warned.. if for whatever reason it fails to boot, you will need to be able to boot from another osx drive (I have it installed on an old laptop drive too) so that you can get back into osx to fix the issue. You need to run Kext Utility after putting the attached kext's into the /E/E folder.

Again.. if you are getting 11500 and everything is working.. I'd follow "If it aint broke dont fix it" motto.

Hi Dacheat

Ive just recently installed osx after a few headaches, with the help of many of the guys on this forum. I used the tweak41 guide to install.

Im running 10.6 and everything seems fine. 920 i7 2.67 geekbench 7400 (32bit)

I have just backed up the install drive ready to try and update. Tweak41 had an update guide but i guess the files used are for the SE board, and it was a little confusing.

I am using a usb stick with boot files on them to start up. (as with tweak41 guide)

Questions. Process

1- I should download the above files from Leozino and within the osx install take the kexts in the zip file and place them in extensions/extra . run kext utility (i presume the dsdt file is for bios version 801). According to tweak41 guide i should do this just before restarting when the 10.6.2 update asks to restart?

2- Should i update anything on the USB boot stick. For example copy the above files and recreate the bootstick?

Does it matter whether i upgrade on my original drive(on sata1) or on the backup external usb drive?

Thanks for the help.

Alexdbad

bootboot_car

bootboot_car

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
everything working thank you 'dacheat'

BLARGiAMdEAD

BLARGiAMdEAD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
These kexts work for me, but I'm only getting a geekbench of 6000 @ 2.66 GHz. How have people been fixing this, or is this correct for the stock speed?

dacheat

dacheat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

These kexts work for me, but I'm only getting a geekbench of 6000 @ 2.66 GHz. How have people been fixing this, or is this correct for the stock speed?

Using the fixed DSDT included in the kext pack made the difference for me. Remember that you are running 1.1ghz slower at stock speeds. Memory timings are also going to make a difference as well.

subvice

subvice

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hows the upgrade to 10.6.2 Smooth?

I have installed

p6t 10.6
12 gig DDR3 Ram
260 GTX
2 x 1T Hard drives
Blue Ray Drive

I want to know if its worth the hassle to update it?

Jan

dacheat

dacheat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Should be... although you really should find some old drive to do an install on and test it before doing any upgrades on your production system.

Hows the upgrade to 10.6.2 Smooth?

I have installed

p6t 10.6
12 gig DDR3 Ram
260 GTX
2 x 1T Hard drives
Blue Ray Drive

I want to know if its worth the hassle to update it?

Jan

subvice

subvice

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Should be... although you really should find some old drive to do an install on and test it before doing any upgrades on your production system.

Yeah I guess I need to get an old drive to try out updates from now on. Great Idea. I had huge issues with my first install and wanted to share my kexts I used to properly get my GTX 260 to work with netkas multiples cards installer.

I have attached my boot.

Working NVIDIA GTX 260 for 10.6

http://www.subvice.c...GTX260_10_6.zip

Cheers,
Chris

jinchuriki

jinchuriki

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
hi all

I have a P6T a 9800GT and a i980X as processor...

Do u know where i can find a topic to how to install everything?

thx

flynflip

flynflip

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey guys I got Snow Leopard working on the P6T non deluxe updated all the way to 10.6.4 It is fully functioning without any problems. I am even running dual monitors. I made a tutorial you can see at http://flynflip.com/...ng/ASUS P6T.php The tutorial is based on fleebailey's written tutorial and pack at www.fleebailey33.org Read his instructions first. He explains how to setup the bios which my video doesn't. My site is having trouble with Safari (I'm working on it) so try to use Firefox (osx or windows) or internet explorer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy