1471 replies to this topic

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

10.8.5 and 10.9

After installing you will realize that your temps are going up about 10 C. This is caused by  AppelLPC.kext which will not load with the old injection method in Device PX40 (or if you renamed it Device LPCB). You can check this in Terminal:
kextstat | grep LPC 
should output: com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (1.6.3)

we can fix this easily with injection of the same device id as ioname, name or compatible. So whatever OSX is looking for to load the kext has the right device id.
Change your code to the following:

Device (PX40)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001F0000)
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x0C)
                        {
                            "device-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x18, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"compatible", 
                            Buffer (0x0D)
                            {
                                "pci8086,3a18"
                            }, 

"IOName", 
                            Buffer (0x0D)
                            {
                                "pci8086,3a18"
                            }, 

"name", 
                            Buffer (0x0D)
                            {
                                "pci8086,3a18"
                            }, 

"subsystem-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x70, 0x72, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"subsystem-vendor-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x86, 0x80, 0x00, 0x00
                            }
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }

aschar1,

I updated to 10.9 (skipped 10.8.5) and with the modification to AppleLPC.kext it no longer sleeps (just a darker screen).

Only software (Finder and pmset) functionality doesn't work, and I can still sleep it by briefly pushing the power button, but I need it to fully work for when I need to access it remotely.

Did you have this problem?

Thanks.

___

Update;

I did some more tests and found that there are two issues.

1. It takes longer for the machine to go to sleep in 10.9.x, about 20 seconds, compared to almost instantly with 10.8.x.

2. Using Remote Desktop to get to the machine and selecting Finder:Sleep just darkens the screen, compared to almost instantly sleeping the machine with 10.8.x.

Solutions to sleeping the remote machine;

A. Use Remote Desktop:Manage:Sleep.

or

B. While not using Remote Desktop do the following;
[mac05:~] me% sudo pmset sleepnow; exit

Password:
Sleeping now...
logout
Connection to mac05 closed.
[mac07:~] me%

aschar1

aschar1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Hi d00d, great that you found the solution to your problem. I have had sleep problems with kozleks older hardwaremonitor LPCSensors.kext. Version 6.0.987 works well and there are no sleep issues with this kext. I also realized that my system needs about 10-15 seconds to go to sleep with Mavericks. 

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Hi d00d, great that you found the solution to your problem. I have had sleep problems with kozleks older hardwaremonitor LPCSensors.kext. Version 6.0.987 works well and there are no sleep issues with this kext. I also realized that my system needs about 10-15 seconds to go to sleep with Mavericks. 

Thanks aschar1, good to know.

I’ve updated post 1 with DSDT_GA_EX58_UD5_F9m_v6.zip, and AppleRTC.kext items 9 (thanks aschar1) and 24 (thanks oldnapalm).

aikidoka25

aikidoka25

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

I think my unit sleep delay on 10.9.1 is almost the same: around 18s

I haven't tried with Remote Desktop

aikidoka25

aikidoka25

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

just updated to 10.9.2 few moments ago, so far so good, no kexts need to be replaced

jhrfc

jhrfc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

just updated to 10.9.2 few moments ago, so far so good, no kexts need to be replaced

I found i had to re-patch to enable trim support on my SSD. 

Good news is CUDA now works again on my Nvidia GTX285

dougaa

dougaa

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 179 posts

I found i had to re-patch to enable trim support on my SSD. 

Good news is CUDA now works again on my Nvidia GTX285

I had to do that (IOAHCIFamily.kext), and also had to patch IONetworkingFamily.kext again for my Intel network card. It was no problem though, the patching was the same as in the past.

aikidoka25

aikidoka25

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

updated to 10.9.3 and reapply the patch for AppleRTC

Emilo

Emilo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Here is TAOBAO link for those who want native Wi-Fi (a/b/g/n/ac) and Bluetooth 4.0/LEhttp://item.taobao.c...&id=38195333521

Most Chinese adapters don’t work properly on many motherboards, because they have both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth powered from PCI-E rail using USB connection for Bluetooth Data only (two wires), so you will have either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth working but not both at the same time. To have both working at the same time on all motherboards you must power Bluetooth part from alternative 3V power source.

This PCI-E adapter is using Broadcom BCM94360CD card found in iMac 2013. Both Wi-fi and Bluetooth work like a charm.

They managed Bluetooth part of the card to work properly by providing four wires connection to USB port for Data and Power.

To get correct 3.3V Bluetooth voltage from 5V USB port they have integrated AMS1117 step down voltage converter.

USB cable comes with adapter and could be plugged to internal USB header or external USB port.

If you don't speak Chinese and want to buy it, search for  TAOBAO purchasing agent. There are dozens of them.

Also for those who want to add USB 3.0 and SATA 3 for $23:  http://www.newegg.co...da440e00ac1a970

SATA 3 part of this card uses ASM1061 chipset and works natively on OSX. Samsung 840 Pro SSD connected to this card scores 417MB/s Write and 436MB/s Read.

USB 3.0 part of this card uses Etron EJ168A chipset and needs GenericUSBXHCI.kext to work:  http://www.insanelym...-x-with-source/

For USB 3 ports to work properly with any device, this card needs to be connected to power supply with 4 Pin Floppy Power cable.

If your PS does not have this cable you can use this adapter:  http://www.newegg.co...N82E16812226074

aikidoka25

aikidoka25

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

UPDATE: AppleHDA problem solved

set HDEF id on DSDT to 1, removed HDAEnabler1.kext, patched AppleHDA.kext with toleda script, updated kext cache

also not mentioned before AppleRTC.kext also need to be patched to prevent CMOS reset when booting after sleep.

updated to 10.9.4, audio doesn't work.

the unit was using HDAEnabler1.kext with 10.9.3 which is not working on 10.9.4

restored AppleHDA 10.9.3 while checking possible solutions

jhrfc

jhrfc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

my system now will not sleep since 10.9.3 and 10.9.4 

I don't seem to have any particular process holding assertions. even if i sleep with no assertions in place 

when i try and sleep i get the following pmset logs everytime :

24/08/2014 17:47:20 BST  Assertions          PID 20(powerd) Created InternalPreventSleep "com.apple.powermanagement.darkwakelinger" 00:00:00  id:0xe00000405 [System: BGTask SRPrevSleep kCPU]          

Sleep/Wakes since boot at 24/08/2014 17:26:11 BST  :0   Dark Wake Count in this sleep cycle:0

Time stamp                Domain              Message                                                                    Duration Delay     

==========                ======              =======                                                                    ======== =====     

UUID: 2E9975FA-84AF-41F3-8252-9F8EB77AFFFE

24/08/2014 17:47:22 BST  Wake                DarkWake to FullWake [CDNVA] due to HID Activity: Using AC                           

Any ideas? my system and DSDT has been stable for years. it's driving me mad.
Jon

PS Still doens't sllep even in safe mode, with no use logged, in, but my Snow leopard maintainece drive sleeps fin elike it always did.
Doing a repair of both system, and user file permissions.

jhrfc

jhrfc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

my system now will not sleep since 10.9.3 and 10.9.4 

I don't seem to have any particular process holding assertions. even if i sleep with no assertions in place 

when i try and sleep i get the following pmset logs everytime :

24/08/2014 17:47:20 BST  Assertions          PID 20(powerd) Created InternalPreventSleep "com.apple.powermanagement.darkwakelinger" 00:00:00  id:0xe00000405 [System: BGTask SRPrevSleep kCPU]          

Sleep/Wakes since boot at 24/08/2014 17:26:11 BST  :0   Dark Wake Count in this sleep cycle:0

Time stamp                Domain              Message                                                                    Duration Delay     

==========                ======              =======                                                                    ======== =====     

UUID: 2E9975FA-84AF-41F3-8252-9F8EB77AFFFE

24/08/2014 17:47:22 BST  Wake                DarkWake to FullWake [CDNVA] due to HID Activity: Using AC                           

Any ideas? my system and DSDT has been stable for years. it's driving me mad.
Jon

PS Still doens't sllep even in safe mode, with no use logged, in, but my Snow leopard maintainece drive sleeps fin elike it always did.
Doing a repair of both system, and user file permissions.

In the end I did a clean install of 10.9.4 & sleep worked fine. migrated all my users and apps, and sleep still works.weird.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy