1469 replies to this topic

yarrix

yarrix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hello,

Many thanks to d00d, ANARCHiNTOSH, x.di for great work on the Realtek HD Audio stuff. I've got 10.6.5 running perfectly on a GA-EX58-UD5, which has an ALC889A, and i'm using the spdif optical port to connect the rig to a surround receiver. Normally, this chip supports upto 192kHz sample rate, however i've never seen it work at this rate on any osx i've had installed on this motherboard (been running 10.5.x -> 10.6.5, mostly via Digital Dreamers tutorials and installers). All windows versions work (to varying degrees of satisfaction) at 192kHz. OsX 10.6.5 seems to only support 96kHz with the HDAEnabler.kext, which is in my EFI partition.

If there is a way to get 192kHz on this mobo/alc889a on 10.6.5 via spdif optical, I would very much like to have it. Been searching the forums for this with no luck.. Willing to test stuff, if anyone can assist where to start.

Thanks much in advance.

scotia

scotia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hi d00d and all,

thanks again for the hard work - I upgraded from my GA-EX58-UD5 to a GA-X58A-UD3R and it's kicking along nicely.

At the moment I'm using the onboard Realtek Ethernet with the lnx2mac driver, BUT

d00d - you mentioned using an Intel CT PCI-E card, which I've gotten hold of (as well as a PT), and cannot for love nor money get it to work.

It DOES appear in lspci:
04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection

but with the drivers as shipped (now running 10.6.5) OR with the small tree drivers I get nothing in System Profiler or ioreg (and of course nothing in System Pref->Network)

I was just wondering if you had to do anything apart from plug the thing in.

Thanks
Scott

scotia

scotia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Hi d00d and all,

thanks again for the hard work - I upgraded from my GA-EX58-UD5 to a GA-X58A-UD3R and it's kicking along nicely.

At the moment I'm using the onboard Realtek Ethernet with the lnx2mac driver, BUT

d00d - you mentioned using an Intel CT PCI-E card, which I've gotten hold of (as well as a PT), and cannot for love nor money get it to work.

It DOES appear in lspci:
04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection

but with the drivers as shipped (now running 10.6.5) OR with the small tree drivers I get nothing in System Profiler or ioreg (and of course nothing in System Pref->Network)

Thanks
Scott

Well, there's nothing like a bit of research (and replying to your own post).

For some reason I expected the CT to work out of the box. It almost does, and this guide:
http://www.tonymacx8...php?f=19&t=4057
explains what to do. Basically adding the PCI vendor IDs etc.

Now I have WoNA working.

Thanks again for everyone involved - I love my Hackintosh!

Scott
ps. now to get my PT working.

@ROBASEFR

@ROBASEFR

@ROBASEFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Hi d00d and all,

It DOES appear in lspci:

Thanks
Scott

Here is a new one posted to day by candykane:for intel 82574L driver

This is the original apple intel driver but with extra device ID for my super micro X8DAH-i but could work with any other card just add your device ID to the file and install it
IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/Intel82574L/info.plist

Attached File  IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip   1.02MB   7 downloads

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,352 posts

i can confirm that the lnx2mac realtek ethernet driver (RealtekRTL81xx.kext) is noticeably faster than the old Realtek1000SL.kext when browsing the web. this is on my ex58-ud5.

i have not benchmarked either, but it works, is newer, is still being developed, seems to work faster, so i reccommend everyone to update.

I am using RealtekR1000SL.kext where I have unloaded yours kext?

ANARCHiNTOSH

ANARCHiNTOSH

Loldermort!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

I am using RealtekR1000SL.kext where I have unloaded yours kext?

google translate isn't working to well for you is it :( ?
get the installer for RealtekRTL81xx.kext from here:
http://lnx2mac.blogs...osx-driver.html

Download the RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_67+.pkg

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,352 posts

google translate isn't working to well for you is it :mellow: ?
get the installer for RealtekRTL81xx.kext from here:
http://lnx2mac.blogs...osx-driver.html

Download the RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_67+.pkg

Thank's now I try, I must before eliminate the kext old from extension?

ANARCHiNTOSH

ANARCHiNTOSH

Loldermort!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Thank's now I try, I must before eliminate the kext old from extension?

no, the installer does that for you.
good luck

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,352 posts

no, the installer does that for you.
good luck

-_- I have made the tests, but I have not noticed the speed difference, to you goes better?

measwel

measwel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hi,

I have just upgraded to 10.6.5 from 10.6.4 and can't get sleep to work. I have been using SleepEnabler previously, but would like to get it working via DSDT. As I am using chameleon RC5, I have installed the DSDT precompiled for that and removed SleepEnabler. Previously I have been using a hand-made DSDT, but that one did not have all the options necessary for sleep. I have left NullPCUPowerManagement in place for the time being.

Now when I try to sleep, the monitor goes blank, but the fans keep spinning. I can't wake up from sleep and reboot is the only option. Please advise.

Thank you,
MPK

@ROBASEFR

@ROBASEFR

@ROBASEFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Hi,

I have just upgraded to 10.6.5 from 10.6.4 and can't get sleep to work. I have been using SleepEnabler previously, but would like to get it working via DSDT. As I am using chameleon RC5, I have installed the DSDT precompiled for that and removed SleepEnabler. Previously I have been using a hand-made DSDT, but that one did not have all the options necessary for sleep. I have left NullPCUPowerManagement in place for the time being.

Now when I try to sleep, the monitor goes blank, but the fans keep spinning. I can't wake up from sleep and reboot is the only option. Please advise.

Thank you,
MPK

Try this auto-patcher !
Attached File  DSDT_Auto_Patcher_27_11_2010_.zip   772.32KB   49 downloads

I'm also on C2R5 but rev678 !
http://www.insanelym...t=#entry1543081

Good luck !

measwel

measwel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Try this auto-patcher !
Attached File  DSDT_Auto_Patcher_27_11_2010_.zip   772.32KB   49 downloads

I'm also on C2R5 but rev678 !
http://www.insanelym...t=#entry1543081

Good luck !

UPDATE. I have :

1) installed new dsdt from autopatcher
2) installed RC5 643
3) removed sleepEnabler.kext

- The machine won't sleep. The screen goes blank, but the fans keeps spinning. Reboot is then the only option.

Please help.

I'm on x58a-UD5

@ROBASEFR

@ROBASEFR

@ROBASEFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

I will try the new DSDT now, that the autopatcher created. Should I remove sleepEnabler kext? Other kexts I should remove?

Thank you!

Did you find your Mobo in the autopatcher ?

Yes I don't use sleepenabler any more.

Rebuild Extensions.mkext after removing !

Success !

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts
Try it

DSDT Auto-Patcher GA EX58 - GA X58A
Attached File  DSDT_Auto_Patcher.zip   497.15KB   52 downloads

AZAL to HDEF
DTGP
EHCI
HID/CID
HPET
IRQs
LAN0 - PEX4
LPC
REMOVE
RENAME
RTC
SMBUS
SHUTDOWN - OP REG PX40
WAK

"Extra" Folder
Attached File  Extra.zip   607.44KB   96 downloads

Chameleon RC5
Attached File  Chameleon_v2.0_RC5_r691.zip   1.03MB   61 downloads

measwel

measwel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
First of all, thank you for your help.

History:

- installed RC5 691 from your link
- set generate P and C states to yes
- removed SleepEnabler kext
- removed most kexts from Extra and put yours in
- I still have the RealtekR10000SL, voodooHDA and LegacyHDA kexts in S/L/E

The good:

- Machine now sleeps without sleepenabler kext. :D
- Boot and response times seem better / machine feels faster

The bad & ugly :

- After wake up from sleep I get almost instant KP. Console shows messages about VNet before crash happens - I don't know if its related. I was also having this problem when waking up from sleep via SleepEnabler. It seems OS version related. This never happened on previous setup (10.6.4).

UPDATE 1: I have probably fixed the crashes occurring after wake-up, by setting HPET mode to 64 bit in BIOS. Since then I have not had a crash any more. Tested a couple of times and so far so good. It seems fixed.

UPDATE 2: The newest chameleon also seems to have fixed an earlier problem I had when booting with all my drives attached. Now it boots fine with all drives attached.

- I have an ati HD5770 in my system. I used to use it with the special boot file that contained the right framebuffer. I still have 'use ati rom' & 'graphics enabler' set to true in pref pane. When I boot via newest chameleon, the 5770 does not work. The strange thing is, it also shows a blank screen when I boot from my backup disk which has all the files from the previous working setup (10.6.4).

The 5770 is the only problem I have left.

measwel

measwel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Did you find your Mobo in the autopatcher ?

Yes I don't use sleepenabler any more.

Rebuild Extensions.mkext after removing !

Success !

How do I rebuild Extensions.mkext?

ANARCHiNTOSH

ANARCHiNTOSH

Loldermort!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

How do I rebuild Extensions.mkext?

get pfix, install it and run it

measwel

measwel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
MaLd0n,

I tried your files and I am getting KP at boot time. I think it is chameleon related, as I have tried different fakeSMC versions, removed extra kexts and the problem remains. To make it worse, it does not happen all the time, sometimes I can boot normally when ignoring caches.

I will investigate further with the chameleon guys.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

MaLd0n,

I tried your files and I am getting KP at boot time. I think it is chameleon related, as I have tried different fakeSMC versions, removed extra kexts and the problem remains. To make it worse, it does not happen all the time, sometimes I can boot normally when ignoring caches.

I will investigate further with the chameleon guys.

remove extensions.mkext
repair permissions

the ideal is a clean installation

use -v

measwel

measwel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
This is an extremely frustrating problem. I have spend days by now trying to get a working system to no avail.

I use pfix every time I change kexts, so permissions should be fine. I have also tried removing extensions.mkexts like you suggested.

The behaviour is the same; I can login once, then the next time I get KP when loading SMC. Sometimes I can use 'boot ignoring caches' after which I can mostly log in (sometimes only on second try). It almost seems like a random problem.

I'm almost out of ideas. I might try:

- different dsdt instead of the auto-patched one
- different fakeSMC

Could you attach or point the latest fakeSMC before the plugins got added? I'd like to try that.

If you get any ideas what else it could be, please let me know.

UPDATE: Its probably not the dsdt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy