10.6.2 Released!

pauℓzurrr.

178 posts in this topic

Just checked software updates!

screenshot20091109at102.png

The 10.6.2 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes for:

- an issue that might cause your system to logout unexpectedly

- a graphics distortion in Safari Top Sites

- Spotlight search results not showing Exchange contacts

- a problem that prevented authenticating as an administrative user

- issues when using NTFS and WebDAV file servers

- the reliability of menu extras

- an issue with the 4-finger swipe gesture

- an issue that causes Mail to quit unexpectedly when setting up an Exchange server

- Address Book becoming unresponsive when editing

- a problem adding images to contacts in Address Book

- an issue that prevented opening files downloaded from the Internet

- Safari plug-in reliability

- general reliability improvements for iWork, iLife, Aperture, Final Cut Studio, MobileMe, and iDisk

- an issue that caused data to be deleted when using a guest account

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3874.

For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.

Updated using Software Update without problem -_-

Installed 10.6.2 from Software Update and got a panic upon reboot. There's apparently a problem with sleepenabler.kext...

I'm not using sleepenabler but for those that are, Stellarolla has a revised SleepEnabler for 10.6.2 on his blog.

Updated using Software Update without problem -_-

I'm not using sleepenabler but for those that are, Stellarolla has a revised SleepEnabler for 10.6.2 on his blog.

Thanks for the heads-up. I was just going to delete sleepenabler since I never sleep my Hacks anyway. Unfortunately I deleted my backup Snow Leopard installation a few weeks ago. I'm in the process of reinstalling it now so I can go in and fix things up in my main installation.

Just updated from Software Update, and everything worked out fine, by the way I'm booting in 64bit kernel... Ethernet, Sound, shutdown, x64 kernel boots fine, everything works as before.

@Bidule So in my case sound works ! we have same audio chip 889A

my mobo is gigabyte ep35-ds3r and 8600 gt, kext in my extra/extensions folder are:

AHCIPortInjector

ALC889A

ATAPortInjector

CPUInjector

fakesmc

Framebuffer_Disabler

IOAHCIBlockStorage Injector

NullCPU Power Management

OpenHaltRestart

Platform UUID

(so no Sleep Enabler - I think I had some problems with it while installing so I kicked it out)

am i the only unlucky one who got a dsmos kernel panic upon boot after fixing a sleepenabler kernel panic?

same here dsmos kernel panic.

edit: i just deleted dsmos.kext, i had fakesmc from netkas message during boot it worked after that.

boot from cd delete dsmos.kext.