10.6.2 is out...

passw

86 posts in this topic

I installed the 10.6.2 Update with Apples Software Update and everything was fine. i reboot and anything what i see is the Mouse Cursor on a black screen!?!

i got NO kernel panic or something anythings fine!!

i can move my mouse, sound works but i can´t see my desktop. anything´s black.

Any solution?

EDIT: My System:

ASRock 945GCM-S

Intel Core 2 Duo e7300

Geforce 9500 GT 1GB

4GB DDR3 ram

I tried Divx but it crashes on start, so I assume it isn't a 64bit app. I went to VLC and noticed that the latest version doesn't support or have a 64bit version; as far as I could see version 1.0.2 intel 64bit was the way to go... but I still have a black screen, even with that. If I right click on a movie and display info, the preview panel shows the movie. I am stumped. Time to grab an hour of sleep while I can!

Just occured to me and confirmed, QE/CI not working. No wonder there is no picture with VLC player.

Thanks Alienman21, you've just saved my day!

I updated thru apple software update and got initial KP.

As you've mentioned, I did restore from the backed up kernel-the one I made prior to update- and now I have fully

working 10.6.2!!!

Cheers buddy!

Where did u save the kernel please

As you've mentioned, I did restore from the backed up kernel-the one I made prior to update- and now I have fully

working 10.6.2!!!

Cheers buddy!

Where did u save the kernel please

Hi..

anyone installed 10.6.2 yet?

If so, any problems?

I am the first guinea pig...kernel panic.. I got "Version mis-match between CPU and Kernel". I believe this is because 10.6.2 start to compare the CPU spec with the model number. Still not yet know how to fix this...

An update for those running Snow Leopard on older hardware.

Just performed a combo update (503.3MB) from 10.6.1 to 10.6.2 (10C540) on a Dell GX280 (Pentium 4 3.2GHz, using 'anappirtrvh' 10.0.0 kernel). Perfect. Everything still works - literally did nothing other than download the updater, run it, reboot. Drives, USB, graphics - no sign of the problems of the olden days with USB devices failing to mount and disk images not opening. The BCM5751 ethernet card hasn't magically come to life, but then that would have been a miracle. ;)

System was built using the excellent myHack tool from Conti, uses PC_EFI v10.4.1 (v10.5 breaks the CPU detection). Kexts required are AC97 audio kext, ElliottAppleIntelGMA950 (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=141549), ICHxAll4PortsSL32bit (lost URL) and Slice's IOPCIFamily.kext (http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=552).

Happy camper!

My system does this, but the normal screen comes back when it wakes from sleep.

I also have a 9500 GT, but with 512 MB. My mobo is an ep45-ud3p.

Update: This problem disappeared after moving the DVI connector to the other port on the video card.

I installed the 10.6.2 Update with Apples Software Update and everything was fine. i reboot and anything what i see is the Mouse Cursor on a black screen!?!

i got NO kernel panic or something anythings fine!!

i can move my mouse, sound works but i can´t see my desktop. anything´s black.

Any solution?

EDIT: My System:

ASRock 945GCM-S

Intel Core 2 Duo e7300

Geforce 9500 GT 1GB

4GB DDR3 ram

cheers b but when i did this and rebooted it states it cant find it ?

Well, I don't really know what your problem is, if you followed what "alien21" stated in his post, things'd turn out O.K.

1.Make a backup of kernel using OSX tools and name it the way you want it to be(ex-backup_snow) when prompted.

(this should be saved in the volume where OSX is located and is going to be used at step 4)

2. Download and install the update.

3. Let your computer restart to see if it boots up O.K, if NOT.

4. Start the com using the backup kernel(created at step 1) you've made-when chameleon starts up, hit any key in order to get to boot option and type it's name.

5. Once your computer is booted, restore the kernel-the same one from step 4- using OSX tools and reboot without boot option.

Above is how I got my update working, it worked perfectly both laptop and desktop. :)

Hope it'd be of any help.

Cheers. ;)

Same error message with 8400GS.

Same here. 7300GS card.

Kernel Exetnsions in backtrace (with dependencies):

com.apple.geforce(6.0.6)

dependency: com.apple.nvdaResman

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily

dependency: com.apple.iokit.iographicsFamily</p> <p>BSD process name corresponding to current thread: WindowServer</p>
[/code]

cheers b but when i did this and rebooted it states it cant find it ?

yu fgt to add ".backup" while booting..like for mine it would be "backup_kernel.backup"

P.S.thanks to all yu guys i got my system running 10.6.2 without any hassle

working 10.6.2!!!

Cheers buddy!

Thanks from me too - this method worked perfectly.

My audio wasn't working after I rebooted, but found this was because my output device had reset to headphones rather than line-out.

Been running it a couple of hours now, all apps are fine (though I am in forced 32-bit mode so my Cisco VPN client works)

I'm not sure if I should update or not... However I have one 10.6.1. Vanilla install witch works flawless and on another partition I have a 10.5.8 iDeneb install. The iDeneb install is mainly as a backup OS incase my SL installation wont boot properly. Another cause why I installed an additional system is to be able to use TimeMachine to backup the SL-system and to restore after an update like from 10.6.1 to 10.6.2 However I dont know if it works. Have anybody done this? Can it be done?

Hellooo

well i use P5q Deluxe motherboard , cpu q9550 ram 8 gb and vga is 8800gt ..yesterday i update whic version10.6.2 and i restart its version missmatch kernel and cpu error ...

i just delete the in extra folder SleepEnabler.kext and its work fine ..

I'm now getting this - how did you delete the file? I don't have another install I can boot into

I'm now getting this - how did you delete the file? I don't have another install I can boot into

Figured it out - booted off the install DVD and removed it using the Terminal

I installed 10.6.2 server update and was able to successfully reboot on a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P mobo. I had a couple KP doing some routine stuff such as using Safari. I reinstalled the Gigabyte mobo boot patch and ran Kext Util to repair the permissions on the kexts. Got another KP. Did a cold boot this time and I now seem to be stable. I'm guessing it just needed a good clean boot.

One thing to note for me is that my system doesn't have a whole lot loaded. Audio is disabled as it's not really needed in a server. And I'm only running SMB and AFP for server services and have a RAID card installed.

And yes, this was posted from my server using Firefox.

I'm running Server 10.6.1 EP45-UD3R too but when I update with combo I get KP's

Can you tell me what kext you used and wich bootloader?

Thanks Ed