10.6.2 is out...

passw

86 posts in this topic

thanks just installed and will try now....

Ill report back for the p6tse users

Nah flopped same panic not sure what to do tried repairing the permissions as well and it stated that the

suid system/lib/core has been modified

and some other misc items any help would he appreciated tried saving the kernel but when I rebooted it couldn't fond where I saved the kernel... Thanks in advance

I only had the one issue with sleepenabler.kext. Deleted and rebooted and everything seems to be running as smoothly as it was before the update.

Anyone on the workaround for the sleep issue? ( mine never worked with the above kext so nothing lost, nothing gained).

I only had the one issue with sleepenabler.kext. Deleted and rebooted and everything seems to be running as smoothly as it was before the update.

Anyone on the workaround for the sleep issue? ( mine never worked with the above kext so nothing lost, nothing gained).

goto netkas site

netkas.org

I discovered the sleepenabler problem by myself, then I discovered... that I don't need nullcpupowermanagement and sleepenabler! since 1) i'm on vanilla, so reboot and shutdown works even without openhalt 2) sleep doesn't work at all (it never worked for me) ;)

So, success for me, I only had to reboot under the leopard installation disk to delete sleepenabler.

Retail installation do really pays off, guys!

For me, no "modding" kext under /system/library/extension.

Appleacpips2nub, fakesmc v2, ioahciblockstorage, uuid, voodoops2controller inside Extra.

I still can hear my sound (voodooHDA), system profiler still working.

P.s. posting from a full x64 kernel :D

How did u delete it did u have to via windows or is there another way? As the file is greyed out for me

Thanks dude

How did u delete the file ??

How did u delete the file ??

Yes, how did all of you manage to delete this file? Since I'm getting a kernel panic there is no way to access the file. Is there any boot options so that I get access to the command line/terminal without booting into Snow Leopard?

My Windows System doesn't see the Mac partition so I cannot delete the file from Windows.

Hi..

anyone installed 10.6.2 yet?

If so, any problems?

EX 58 UD5 and Nvidia gtx 260 with vanilla SL 10.6.1 updated to 10.6.2 (almost) without any issues.

I did forget to delete the old SleepEnabler.kext so my system KPd upon first reboot.

I booted from an old installation HDD and replaced the SleepEnabler.kext with the patched one from netkas. Now everything runs smoothly.

My system kernel paniced as well - vanilla installation with Chameleon. The panic is in dsmos.kext.

Easy fix.

Boot into another install -- I use my old Leopard install.

delete dsmos.kext from /Extra/Extensions

replace it with netkas' fakesmc.kext (use v2)

repair permissions

reboot with -f -v

No Dice !!!

People, don't upgrade too soon..

I'm running OS X Server on a Gigabyte something-or-other motherboard with an intel E8400.

10.20 kernel just gives me KPs, and when downgrading:

It seems in the meanwhile my main partition went south along with fsck. it keeps complaining about the super block and its magic number. What's up with that ?!

now, to try removing the sleep kexts

You have to use os86 tools, click back up or restore, back it up, name it mach_backup_kernel save it to your installation drive, and when it comes up the bootloader without inverted commas type "mach_backup_kernel"

Thanks Alienman21, you've just saved my day!

I updated thru apple software update and got initial KP.

As you've mentioned, I did restore from the backup kernel-the one I made prior to update- and now I have fully

working 10.6.2!!!

Cheers buddy!

Just updated my virtual hackintosh running under VMWare.

VMWare Workstation 7.0.0 build-203739

Host OS = Windows 7 x64

Guest OS = Snow Leopard 10.6.2 updated from 10.6.1 with comboupdate.

Used vmware-darwin-snowy--darwin.iso posted by Donk.

No problems encountered...for those who care :P

Not in a hurry to update my physical system just yet.

I'm able to run 10.6.2 in safe mode only

Normal boot causes a panic

<p>Kernel Exetnsions in backtrace (with dependencies):
  com.apple.geforce(6.0.6)
  dependency: com.apple.nvdaResman
  dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport
  dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily
  dependency: com.apple.iokit.iographicsFamily</p>  <p>BSD process name corresponding to current thread: WindowServer</p>

nvidia 7600gt here but I'm sure some other geforce cards are affected too

be warned

I installed 10.6.2 server update and was able to successfully reboot on a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P mobo. I had a couple KP doing some routine stuff such as using Safari. I reinstalled the Gigabyte mobo boot patch and ran Kext Util to repair the permissions on the kexts. Got another KP. Did a cold boot this time and I now seem to be stable. I'm guessing it just needed a good clean boot.

One thing to note for me is that my system doesn't have a whole lot loaded. Audio is disabled as it's not really needed in a server. And I'm only running SMB and AFP for server services and have a RAID card installed.

And yes, this was posted from my server using Firefox.

I'm able to run 10.6.2 in safe mode only

Normal boot causes a panic

<p>Kernel Exetnsions in backtrace (with dependencies):
com.apple.geforce(6.0.6)
dependency: com.apple.nvdaResman
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily
dependency: com.apple.iokit.iographicsFamily</p>  <p>BSD process name corresponding to current thread: WindowServer</p>

nvidia 7600gt here but I'm sure some other geforce cards are affected too

be warned

Same here. 7300GS card.

I updated to 10.6.2,

after the reboot, it stop at the end of the 'text' part, no panic, no reboot, just stop here,

same in 32 and 64 bits.

I was able to boot in -s

Then I try to boot with GraphicsEnabler=n and Yes I was back in graphic,

even if still stuck in 1280x1024 with only one monitor.

It seems that the GraphicsEnabler '{censored}' my 10.6.2, i will have to fallback to the deviceid solution I think.

I have a dell xps 9000 i7 with a gtx260 nvidia card.

Time to go to bed, will check more tomorrow evening.

C.

I am now using NVinject 0.2.2 on my 7900GS. EFI and NVenabler both KP. Supposedly those with video in their DSDT are working. Seems to affect the 7xxx and 8xxx cards.

nope

dsdt fix (was working on 10.6.1) and EFI GraphicsEnabler=Yes (haven't tried before) both don't work on 10.6.2 — same exact KP in both cases and both allow to start with -x (safe mode) and set any supported resolution afterwards

I'm going to try NVinject, thanks.

UPD

NVInject 0.2.2 from kexts.com doesn't help

Maybe I should edit it but I don't know how — never used it before.

Boots like there's no driver loaded: fixed resolution and no QE/CI

ANOTHER UPDATE (problem kinda solved)

boot using -x32 solved the problem

I don't know if -x32 is that good though

Some apps still running in 64 bit mode but the kernel isn't I guess

Well, anyway, it'b better than safe mode

Another sleepless night of trial and error! Anyway, hope this helps some, re geforce and kernel panic. I booted with the -x prompt via blackosx Boot CD Version 1.01. For graphics I was using a string in the boot plist in Library/Preferences/System Configuration. Once I took that string out and then used nvinject 0.2.2 from kexts.com, I was able to boot without panic. Unfortunately I just noticed that VLC player now shows a blank/black screen. I will try booting with -X32 and see if that sorts that out. I had everything working 64, previously.

Edit. No joy with -X32; I get VESA fixed resolution so driver not 32 suited. I need to download divx player but I suspect still a graphics driver issue. Good at least to have got beyond that kernel panic. Shutdown works for me but restart black screens, fans stills on.

Another sleepless night of trial and error! Anyway, hope this helps some, re geforce and kernel panic. I booted with the -x prompt via blackosx Boot CD Version 1.01. For graphics I was using a string in the boot plist in Library/Preferences/System Configuration. Once I took that string out and then used nvinject 0.2.2 from kexts.com, I was able to boot without panic. Unfortunately I just noticed that VLC player now shows a blank/black screen. I will try booting with -X32 and see if that sorts that out. I had everything working 64, previously.

Edit. No joy with -X32; I get VESA fixed resolution. Oh, well, at least no KP. The search goes on!

-x32 is the only way for me so far

it's OK for now but I'll wait for a better solution