ALC888 doesn't work (ICH9)

LarsSW

8 posts in this topic

Hallo,

a few hours ago, I installed Snow Leopard Retail with Chameleon successfully. Here are my specs:

Mainboard: Asus IPIBL-LB (OEM-Board)

Chipset: G33 / ICH9

Sound: ALC888 (onBoard)

I tried many different solutions to get sound working. Nothing helped. I've got no sound, sometimes I got a kernel panic on startup, then I booted into safe mode and deleted /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext. Then I can continue with a normal boot and everythings works fine - but again without sound.

I hope anyone could help...

• 5 months later...
Hallo LarsSW,

you can look to this URL: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php?topic=234.0

This can help you. I have a Gigabyte Board with the same Soundchip and it works.

Best regards

Reiner

As Reiner said use voodoohda

I tried every possible way and none worked except voodoohda

Have ALC888 and works perfectly even microphone pink jack

the version with prefpane enables internal mic as well although you have to adjust the sliders everytime you reboot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hallo,

a few hours ago, I installed Snow Leopard Retail with Chameleon successfully. Here are my specs:

Mainboard: Asus IPIBL-LB (OEM-Board)

Chipset: G33 / ICH9

Sound: ALC888 (onBoard)

I tried many different solutions to get sound working. Nothing helped. I've got no sound, sometimes I got a kernel panic on startup, then I booted into safe mode and deleted /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext. Then I can continue with a normal boot and everythings works fine - but again without sound.

I hope anyone could help...

Same mainboard, and chipset here, working well. See this post here The trick is to have the HDAenabler kext inside the plugins folder of AppleHDA.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've been having trouble with audio as well.

I installed Snow Leopard with iATKOS S3 V2 on my machine but still couldn't get audio to work...

At first in the system profiler my built-in audio wasn't even there. But after trying cartri's mac bios and reinstalling I finally have the ALC888 show up on the system profiler but no luck with actually getting sound to work.

I didn't select Apple HDA on the install, but VoodooHDA instead... In the system preferences on the sound the only devices I got listed are HDMI(from my NVidia En210 graphics card). Prior to having tested cartri's mac bios I had tried using the HDAEnabler and other stuff people suggested and I didn't even have my audio Codec showing up. Now I have the system recognize the audio device but I'm still nowhere near getting actual sound.

I have a Gigabyte GA EP43-S3L with the onboard Realtek ALC888.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Felipe

:thumbsup_anim: