ALC882 Snow Leopard Drivers

mic.mac.hack

28 posts in this topic

I hate to say it but i'm confused.

I have an ASUS P5WD2 Premium. It also uses ALC882. I have a HDD with Leo4All 10.5.2 and on that HDD I easily made the card work using HDAPatcher. And i did this quite a long time ago.

Now I have Snow Leopard, installed on a different HDD. I used the retail 6.3.0 DVD and NAWCOM ModCD to install.

From the very start I had VoodooHDA with the following:

OUTPUT:

- Some device named "Complex output" ... I can hear sound but there's no volume control whatsoever

- Headphones (Green front) ... I can hear the sound, I can adjust the volume allright

INPUT:

- Microphone (pink rear) ... actually I don't think its working. Not 100% sure because I use a special model of HAMA speakers. They have Mic and Headphones connectors on the front so whenever i need headphones or mic, I just use those connectors. I have no need to use the computer case front mic/headphones connectors.

- Microphone (pink front) ... doesn't work. No volume adjuster, no nothing.

In short:

REAR Connectors : I have sound but no volume adjustment AND NO MIC

FRONT Connectors: I have sound + volume adjustment BUT STILL NO MIC

... and I repeat, this comes with the VoodooHDA.

Now, about the AppleHDA and HDAEnabler ... here comes the weird part:

- As root, I moved the VoodooHDA.kext to some backup location

- As root I copied the AppleHDA.kext directory to /System/Library/Extensions

(and I ran a chmod -R root:wheel AppleHDA.kext/ )

- As root I also copied the HDAEnabler directory to /Extra/Extensions

(and ran a chmod -R root:wheel HDAEnabler.kext/ )

Then I just rebooted and typed in the "-f" boot argument, to make sure it will rebuild the mkext

... and bad surprise ... The Preferences -> Sound Control panel was absolutely empty, as if the newly added kexts were ignored or non existent.

Of course I moved back the VoodooHDA.kext, rebooted, fixed the cache with "-f" and stuff

But this doesn't mean I give up. No, I still want to make this work. I'm just confused and don't know what I did wrong. So if anyone has any idea... i'll be glad to hear it.

Now, about the AppleHDA and HDAEnabler ... here comes the weird part:

- As root, I moved the VoodooHDA.kext to some backup location

- As root I copied the AppleHDA.kext directory to /System/Library/Extensions

(and I ran a chmod -R root:wheel AppleHDA.kext/ )

- As root I also copied the HDAEnabler directory to /Extra/Extensions

(and ran a chmod -R root:wheel HDAEnabler.kext/ )

Then I just rebooted and typed in the "-f" boot argument, to make sure it will rebuild the mkext

Maybe you need to rebuild or remove the Extensions.mkext from your Extra directory.

I use KextUtilty when moving kexts. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140647

Drag your /Extra/Extensions directory over the app icon.

• 3 months later...