**Updated** SleepEnabler for 10.6.5

Onixs

164 posts in this topic

not works with pc in sign. First install from iAtkos S3 v2 --> official Apple's upgrade and dsdt with many many many patches. Laptop try to suspend itself, but there is a wake up event from usb (no usb port is used) and it turns back wake, operative. Same with or without. I noticed that kext full load from verbose booting. i did not put any pmVersion= specification.

This trick is not working for me. I just updated from 10.6.2 to 10.6.4 and after that i cant boot into Snow Leopard. At first boot i got dsmos error, so i googled for it and found that i have to delete dsmos, so i did and replaced it with fakesmc2.5 but then i came to know that its not gonna work with 10.6.4, so i copied SleepEnabler from this thread using Win7 to /System/Library/Extensions and then rebooted. At bootloader i booted with -f flag to update extension caches but pc stuck at this message

"ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin:: registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC Driver"

Now no matter what i do, what flag i use, i always get this error, cant get pass through this.

Any help plz??

Alright finally i got it working.

What i did is, i installed the latest FakeSMC2.5 from netkas and used SleepEnabler in parallel with it and woohooo it worked.

now the only problem i have got is QE/CI which is not enabled for me.

This trick is not working for me. I just updated from 10.6.2 to 10.6.4 and after that i cant boot into Snow Leopard. At first boot i got dsmos error, so i googled for it and found that i have to delete dsmos, so i did and replaced it with fakesmc2.5 but then i came to know that its not gonna work with 10.6.4, so i copied SleepEnabler from this thread using Win7 to /System/Library/Extensions and then rebooted. At bootloader i booted with -f flag to update extension caches but pc stuck at this message

"ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin:: registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC Driver"

Now no matter what i do, what flag i use, i always get this error, cant get pass through this.

Any help plz??

I think your machine not load AppleLPC.kext, you can see it this: you can patch dsdt:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181631

• 2 weeks later...

Retail 10.6.4 snow leo.

I'm using Fakesmc, at first boot i get kp ( with and without pmVersion=20)

Then, i install NullCpuPowerManagment, and KP dissapeared, but pc don't sleep..

HP pavilion dv 3560 ep, (core 2 duo, 9300gs, intel ich)

Here is my extra folder

4TK3yqOVAU.png

What should i do?

Hi,

I've installed the last SleepEnabler.kext for 10.6.4, but nothing changed, it doesn't go to sleep on its own despite set to do so after 2 mn.

Manually it goes to sleep for 5 sec the first time and wakes up, then works good for next manual sleep, as soon as i reboot cycle restart "first sleep last only five sec and others manual sleep work well".

Bios wake up options are disabled.

Any idea ?

Edit:

At startup Magic Mouse scrolling works perfectly, after manual sleeping and wake up Magic Mouse scrolling doesn't work anymore and mouse displacement is erratic some times, ;)

I installed the newest sleepenabler.kext for 10.6.4, now my computer goes into sleep, but when i click my mouse or keyboard or even the power button, it comes back on but starts off at my POST screen... as if sleep just shut the computer off and restarted... defeats the purpose. Anyone know whats going on?

Using Intel E3300, MSI motherboard G31TM-P21

my power options is set to S3 in bios. Anyone have ideas how to solve this?

Update

Here is the latest SleepEnabler that works for 10.6.4. No need to set the pmVersion=20 flag.

Update:

10.6.4 came out. You can still use this version, but be sure to add a flag "pmVersion=20" (without the quotes) to avoid KP.

Once Meklort upload the modified SleepEnabler for 10.6.4, i will post it here.

Kernel-independent version. Controlled via boot argument in com.apple.Boot.plist or manually enterted value (pmVersion)

Credit goes to Meklort.

This is the version that works on any current version of 10.6, including 10.6.3. The kext can be disabled at bootup by specifying the pmVersion=0 flag. You can replace the 0 with any number to tell it to match with another pm version as well.

eg. (not necessary needed IMO)

pmVersion=0 (Disable SleepEnabler)

pmVersion=17 (10.6.0/1)

pmVersion=18 (10.6.2)

pmVersion=19 (10.6.3)

pmVersion=20 (10.6.4)

Hi, I am totally new to this with very little knowledge about computers. I have just successfully installed OS 10.6 on a Hackentosh (Mac only, no Windows) and would like to upgrade to the latest (10.6.4) system. This is a HUGE deal for me! I downloaded a sleep enabler for 10.6.4 but have no idea how to find the old one to delete it and anything else necessary for the system upgrades. Once done, I also don't know where to install the newly downloaded sleep enabler for 10.6.4. Can anyone help with this in a way that a new, very limited experienced person, could follow? Thanks in advance for you help. /Larry

Hi all,

I've having trouble with SleepEnabler on my Samsung N130 hackintosh running 10.6.3.

Should I choose hibernatemode 1 or 3 the computer will go to sleep and then wake up immediately, with a blank screen.

With hibernatemode 5 things are a little bit better, the computer goes to hibernate normally. When I try to wake it up, I will see the grey screen with the progress bar but then the screen goes back to black again.

In both cases the computer seems to be operational (beside the screen). I can SSH to it and reboot normally.

From what I can read here and there I'm not the only one facing this issue.

Do you guys have any idea/advice for me ?

Thank you very much.

Hi All, I have the DV6000 (6512) to be exact. I have yet to find a decent sleepenabler for it. When the sleep is selected, It will not wake. the standby blinking led stays on. The buttons are still lit up.

Has any manged to get this HP laptop to sleep properly?

If so, could you please show me the link to the kext thanks!.

thankyou.

Hi All, I have the DV6000 (6512) to be exact. I have yet to find a decent sleepenabler for it. When the sleep is selected, It will not wake. the standby blinking led stays on. The buttons are still lit up.

Has any manged to get this HP laptop to sleep properly?

If so, could you please show me the link to the kext thanks!.

thankyou.

sleep works but after wake up usb not work others works

during booting when reading usb controller when check sleep compitabiltiy it say usb will unloaded during sleep

any fix for this ;)

Hi all,

I've having trouble with SleepEnabler on my Samsung N130 hackintosh running 10.6.3.

Should I choose hibernatemode 1 or 3 the computer will go to sleep and then wake up immediately, with a blank screen.

With hibernatemode 5 things are a little bit better, the computer goes to hibernate normally. When I try to wake it up, I will see the grey screen with the progress bar but then the screen goes back to black again.

In both cases the computer seems to be operational (beside the screen). I can SSH to it and reboot normally.

From what I can read here and there I'm not the only one facing this issue.

Do you guys have any idea/advice for me ?

Thank you very much.

Issue fixed by using the DSDT of the N310

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

im running osx 10.6.3. with sleep enabled. I want to update to 10.6.4. but I dont want to get a kernel panic. I'm still kind of new to installing/uninstalling kexts. How would I uninstall my current sleep enabler kext so i can update to 10.6.4. then how would I install this kext to reenable sleep? (the last one had an installer so I didnt have to do anything but it didnt include an uninstaller)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay... here's my problem.

I updated to 10.6.4 and got the SleepEnabler kernal panic. I tried typing pmVersion=20... same kernel panic. I tried pmVersion=0... same kernel panic.

I booted into the Install USB drive and opened the terminal to remove SleepEnabler.kext. Okay, done. Now... reboot. Same kernel panic.

I then tried typing -f a couple of times to rebuild cache... reboot... same kernel panic. Is there something that I'm missing?

I can't even boot -s... it always stalls at this kernel panic.

Can anyone help?

if you did pmVersion=0 then the KP isn't because of the Sleepenabler because the 0 nulls the sleepenabler all together

post what's the last time you saw or take a pic and post it so I can take a look at it

Here's a pic of the screen from after typing -s at the boot menu.

Thanks for responding.

Sorry... screwed up the upload of the pic. Here it is:

post-587934-1284472124_thumb.jpg

UPDATE: When I type pmVersion=0 -s at the boot menu... I get this same screen.

that should disable the sleepenabler...

Have you tried rals2007's new 10.6.4 sleepenabler yet?

I would if I could get the machine booted so I could install it. :(

What I'm going to try to do now is boot from the USB Install flash drive and delete the cache manually via the terminal. Also, I realize now that I only deleted the SleepEnabler from the Extra folder. When updating Extra does it copy that file to another location?

Okay... after a full 24 hours of trying to get into the system to fix the SleepEnabler problem, that seems to be fixed. Now, I am getting a KP Unsupported CPU on AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

And, I don't know why recovery=y doesn't work. No matter what I type at the boot menu, I get a kernel panic. I moved the ATI and GeForce kexts and reran the new NBI, but that didn't work. Any ideas?

Guys, just for the sake of being up-to-date, is there any newer version of SleepEnabler since the beginning of the year?

Must we get the latest version from GoogleCode or is the first post updated? In any way, thanks rals2007 and others for your great work!