=Solved= Samsung P30

DaeMonS

1 post in this topic

Hi All

After a lot of research, a lot of spent hours, days,weeks...i need a bigger comunity help...

I got a notebook : Samsung P30, or called Samsung NP30

spec:

Pentium M ,Intel , Ati Mobility 9200, PATA hdd 250Gb;512 Ram,AC97,Realtek 8101L lan,Ricoh R5C478 card reader

iee1394,usb,vga out

I used this device for a DPF, Digital Picture Frame; placed into wood box, with glass on the front,placed to the wall..

Till now i used win os, but now i would like moving to osx system / already got osx on desktop / couse it fit my needs better for now./ ftp, samba,webpage, seedserver,remote management.../

I try a lot of distros, iAtkos, iDeneb, Jas...everytime stack on dvd bootup:

1 mac framework successfully initialized

2 -later-something uui

try to install within osx, the best solution for the moment i get from jas 10.4.6, and stack here:

http://daemons.hu/pc/samsung_p30/osx/IMG_0050.JPG

install with sse2, and replaced kext with this 2 files / PCCard.10.4.11.beta3.zip / , couse ricohcard reader. get from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=81048

- I switch off everything in bios what i can.

- i try boot params everytime: -v -f cpus=1

update:

-------

well, i got tiger work on this machine...but it not fill my expections....not so good,cant get run programs what i need...not so flowless...

solution:

ONLY 10.4.1 bootable patched version van be installed / my opinion yet / couse sse2,and pae

1. get 10.4.1 bootable patched disk

2. place hdd to usb on notebook for example, boot with disk, and install os to usb disk...after put the hdd back to p30.

3. switch on p30, and boot with -v -f platform=X86PC / need all time/ and everything goes alright.

at the moment thats all..if someone can put leo on this device, feel free to correct and or contact me.