If you don't know your way around a command prompt ........ I have better things to do with my time than to write "for dummies"-guides.
Well well so it gets really personal .... like your approach to hacking into 'osh. My comment intent was simply that your ego is a bit too bloated, and you should be afraid of not getting it exploaded at any moment .... if you would be clever enough you will read it between lines (LOL - it is sarcazm if you do not read it yet).Your kexts and settings do not allow to have running MAC OsX Snow Leopard on Asus Commando at least for my configuration (some Boot.plist settings actually block LAN kexts and system startup ) , but other approach does.My working OSX SL installation:1. Configuration: Asus Commando, C2D Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB DRAM, 5 x SATA HDD (4 x NTFS), GeForce 8800 GTS, dual view monitor configuration, BIOS 1.9.1 from ASUS.
2. Installation: separate HDD HFS+ journaled, boot from Empire EFI (according to their ReadMe), install from retail DVD, install Chameleon 2 RC3 658, PC EFI 10.5 boot loader, create EFI hex string for GF 8800, patch by hand DSDT according to Asus P5W scheme except for Time Machine fix, use kexts AHCIPortInjector, AppleACPIPS2Nub, ApplePS2Contorller, EvOreboot, fakesmc v2, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, IOATAFamily, IONetworkingFamily, JMicornATA, NullCPUPowerManagment, PlatformUUID, VoodooHDA in mkext, skge.kext in System/Library/Extensions, and smbios.plist. Always use latest available stable kext version!!!.
- PC EFI 10.5 does not recognize PCI root device and has some other bugs with most annoying "Wait"="Yes" blocking system boot,
- loading 32 and 64 bit kernel at will,
- possible to install on AHCI and IDE HDD drive configuration,
- reboot ok, sleep not working (needs processor DSDT patching),
- Gigabit LAN 8056 OK, 8001 OK (working with skge.kext) - to get both LAN ports up and running set EthernetBuiltIn = No in Boot.plist,
- sound not working with VoodooHDA,
- FireWire working only with DSDT patching,
- GeForce 8800 GTS recognized properly, switches resolutions, supports multi monitor configurations on 2 x DVI - support through EFI string,
- USB OK, HighSpeed stable only with DSDT patching,
- relocation of memory in 64 bit OK
- fully working NTFS 3.0 driver
what makes a nice dual boot Windows/OSX machine
4. Time Machine OK - DSDT fix should ba applied to Device (P0P9)
5. Not checked DSDT for substituted OS identification.
... so some work to do, but actually from my perspective I need to fix only sound, as LAN and FireWire are working correctly.My Boot.plist:
Hope this may help others with this mobo.